• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
And also Manly's Greg Peterson!

Peterson was one of the great hopes for Australia's future second row stocks as a schoolboy, together with Luke Jones.

Never went on with it. Let's hope that Jones can realise his potential. He needs a season for an ITM Cup team to toughen him up a bit.

B

BellyTwoBlues

Whilst on the subject, why on earth don't they move that bloody camera tower thingy to the other side of the ground at Granville Park so it doesn't obscure the view of the game? :mad:
I noticed last week that there appears to be power over the other side so why not move the bloody thing?

Can't shoot from the opposite of the field for two very obvious reasons there coach.

1 - the sun sets in the west.
2 - despite your comment, there is no power over there.

Now whilst I do concede that you Randwick blokes have plenty of friends on high places, I look forward to seeing if you can change the sun to set in the east.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Can't shoot from the opposite of the field for two very obvious reasons there coach.

1 - the sun sets in the west.
2 - despite your comment, there is no power over there.

Now whilst I do concede that you Randwick blokes have plenty of friends on high places, I look forward to seeing if you can change the sun to set in the east.

OK, fair points.
I saw a cable from the power pole outside the ground to the back of the scoreboard which I assumed meant there was some power available.

But does the camera tower have to be right in front of the covered seating area?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
^^^Can't say I've ever been there when there has been a TV tower, but I've always rated Granville as a good ground, with plenty of places to warm up. Not sure if the stand or rooms have been improved recently - they were always basic and adequate without being great. Not sure which council runs that area (Parramatta, Holroyd or someone else), but considering the number of teams and the level of competition that Parramatta are in, you'd like to think that a bit of money could be spent there.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
^^^Can't say I've ever been there when there has been a TV tower, but I've always rated Granville as a good ground, with plenty of places to warm up. Not sure if the stand or rooms have been improved recently - they were always basic and adequate without being great. Not sure which council runs that area (Parramatta, Holroyd or someone else), but considering the number of teams and the level of competition that Parramatta are in, you'd like to think that a bit of money could be spent there.

Don't get me wrong, I love the place -- great food, friendly people (off the field anyway!), plenty or room to move around and watch the game from different angles, easy access from public transport, plenty of parking, but I just wish the camera tower wasn't smack bang in front of the covered seating.

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
Massive punch up between two former 1st grade coaches of randwick, last week @ Queens Park touch footy.

They were on opposing teams, words were shared, and it was on!! Words to the effect of 'you ruined randwick rugby' 'no, you did'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

BellyTwoBlues

We have a portable scaffolding tower that is used to film the matches as per the competition requirements. Whilst it is not a comp requirement to place it where it is, it was a requirement from the ABC to have it centred to the halfway line. I assume you would've noticed the huge elevated work platform that was brought in to film games from exactly the same position at Manly Oval. Speaking of Manly, their cameraman is perched so far back on the top of the stand that at times you can't get accurate analysis if the he hasn't zoomed in enough or has zoomed in too much. That unfortunately is the result of the ground being a cricket ground, but footage from Chatswood and North Sydney is of a much better quality than our friends on Raglan St. It is what is. Where all just trying to do our best.

For you info QH, Granville Park is within the Parramatta City Council LGA. We spend more than $40k per annum on playing surface maintenance etc. Council spend $0k per annum on facility maintenance and upgrades. For more than 5 years we have consistently requested for the joint to be improved with very little or no commitment from council. It has taken more than 5 years to get them to admit and then act on the termite infested gum tree in the southern car park. they have only started to trim and ultimately remove it in the last fortnight. Our relationship with council has not been great, and they'd be the first to admit it as well, due largely to the fact that if a sporting organisation is not the Eels or The Wanderers then council traditionally haven't been interested. Pleasingly though, under the new CEO of Council and his 2IC we are now starting to build a better relationship.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
We have a portable scaffolding tower that is used to film the matches as per the competition requirements. Whilst it is not a comp requirement to place it where it is, it was a requirement from the ABC to have it centred to the halfway line. I assume you would've noticed the huge elevated work platform that was brought in to film games from exactly the same position at Manly Oval. Speaking of Manly, their cameraman is perched so far back on the top of the stand that at times you can't get accurate analysis if the he hasn't zoomed in enough or has zoomed in too much. That unfortunately is the result of the ground being a cricket ground, but footage from Chatswood and North Sydney is of a much better quality than our friends on Raglan St. It is what is. Where all just trying to do our best.

For you info QH, Granville Park is within the Parramatta City Council LGA. We spend more than $40k per annum on playing surface maintenance etc. Council spend $0k per annum on facility maintenance and upgrades. For more than 5 years we have consistently requested for the joint to be improved with very little or no commitment from council. It has taken more than 5 years to get them to admit and then act on the termite infested gum tree in the southern car park. they have only started to trim and ultimately remove it in the last fortnight. Our relationship with council has not been great, and they'd be the first to admit it as well, due largely to the fact that if a sporting organisation is not the Eels or The Wanderers then council traditionally haven't been interested. Pleasingly though, under the new CEO of Council and his 2IC we are now starting to build a better relationship.

What are you having a go at me (and Manly) for? I'm on your side, I thought I was defending your club. Did you read what I wrote? I would have thought you'd appreicate someone sticking up for you and offering the opinion that the local council should be giving you more support. Apparently not.

B

BellyTwoBlues

What are you having a go at me (and Manly) for? I'm on your side, I thought I was defending your club. Did you read what I wrote? I would have thought you'd appreicate someone sticking up for you and offering the opinion that the local council should be giving you more support. Apparently not.

Nah mate, wasn't having a dig at all. See thats what's wrong with these bloody blogs. Misinterpretation of comments is too easy. I was making the point that by the very nature of Manly Oval being a cricket ground forces Manly Rugby to have their cameraman miles away. It's not a dig, just a comment on the difficulties and nuances all clubs deal with.

I did not intend to cause offence and apologise if you were.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Nah mate, wasn't having a dig at all. See thats what's wrong with these bloody blogs. Misinterpretation of comments is too easy. I was making the point that by the very nature of Manly Oval being a cricket ground forces Manly Rugby to have their cameraman miles away. It's not a dig, just a comment on the difficulties and nuances all clubs deal with.

I did not intend to cause offence and apologise if you were.

No worries.:)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
How many Waratah and other Pro Players will be parachuted into Shute Shield this weekend?
This is where I think the non-Wallaby Squad Pro's are aligned (less those that are off overseas like McKibbin, Betham etc):

Eastern Suburbs
Tala Gray (already Playing)
Mitch Chapman

Southern Districts
Jed Holloway (Already playing)
Ben Volovolo (already playing)
Alex Gibbon (already playing from 7s)
Afa Pakalani (already playing from 7s)
Paul Asquith (already playing from 7s)
Sam Louisi (Team Rehab)

Gordon
Jack Dempsey (already playing)

Manly
Caderyn Neville (back from Rebels)

Sydney University
Tolu Latu
Jeremy Tilse (Team Rehab)
Pat McCutcheon
Jim Stewart (already playing)
Paddy Ryan
Tom Kingston (back from Rebels)
Angus Roberts (back from Rebels)
Greg Jeloudev (already playing from 7s)
Ed Jenkins (from 7's)

Eastwood
Benn Robinson
Hugh Roach (already playing)
Jed Gillespie (back from Rebels)

West Harbour
Michael Alaatoa (already playing)

Randwick
Andrew Kellaway (already playing)
Stephen Hoiles
Matt Carraro
Auvasa Faleali'i (already playing)
David Horwitz (already playing)
Dashville Kuate (already playing)

Northern Suburbs
Michael Wells (already playing from 7s)
Peter Schuster (already playing from 7s)
Sam Myers (from 7's)
Cameron Clark (from 7's)

Adam Freier laid a guilt trip on Stephen Hoiles in the post match interview after the Beasties v Randi-Wix match in last weekend's 7Two televised game.

Retired Fatty

Frank Row (1)
Any news on whether Brogan Roods injury was serious (or an understandably cautious approach by the coaching team in taking him off given his unfortunate history)?

Status
Not open for further replies.