• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Samoa v All Blacks: Apia, 8/07/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)
Man, I don't know any Samoans that would be keen to speak out so publicly against their leaders eg. pastors, community leaders, business leaders etc. That's usually stuff we say amongst each other outside in the car park until we're pissed off enough to have a fist fight about it at one of the general meetings - LOL

When sitting in chief & matai councils, its almost given that various people will indeed speak out and against each other, but not in the western sense, to inflict emotional loaded harm, rather it is the subtlety in words used, not in an aggressive tone rather illuminating, seeking to outthink and outwit in a verbal joust the focus on stories, poems etc... in a western sense in a gentlemen fashion that underlines the 'pacific' - pacifists 'oppose war and violence' :)

I think it is we (not part of the council) may hold this view.

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)
Each to their own. I'm personally not a fan of

a) racists
b) people that move to countries and then constantly abuse that country
c) hypocrits

To compare to the way he goes about things, to the way that Schwalger has, is pretty insulting to Mahonri.

we could easily talk about NZ colonial past or that within the pacific and that addresses all your points above, but as duly note, each to their own -

Eliota is equally right to speak as you do, I & every one else of our own opinion

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)
Ever met him? Had a conversation with him?

The work he does for equal rights across the globe is admirable (although posting youtube videos of yourself swearing, carrying on and calling the NZRFU Nazi sympathisers is kind of screwed), but there is more often than not a large undertone (sometimes direct) against people who are deemed as white. You can't do that against Blacks without being called racist, so why can you do it agianst whites?

Anyway, this thread is for a rugby match, not a loudmouth moron.

I know the bloke, studied with him, know his family etc - whats your point?

Its actually poor form to come onto this thread and throw around assumptions about racism, of which according to above, you have absolutely no idea about.

This is rightly a rugby forum, not a complaints department - tell someone who cares sheesh

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
No, it's not poor form to state and opinion, based on facts. You don't know me, so DON'T YOU DARE tell me what I do know about and what I know about. You don't know me and your assumptions are way way off the mark.

I'm not surprised that you know Eliota and seem to be close to him, as your attitude here is EXACTLY what I can't stand about the bloke myself.

Anyway, didn't want to steer this thread down this path, so I'm deleting my posts, blocking Beefcake and moving on.

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)
No, it's not poor form to state and opinion, based on facts. You don't know me, so DON'T YOU DARE tell me what I do know about and what I know about. You don't know me and your assumptions are way way off the mark.

I'm not surprised that you know Eliota and seem to be close to him, as your attitude here is EXACTLY what I can't stand about the bloke myself.

Anyway, didn't want to steer this thread down this path, so I'm deleting my posts, blocking Beefcake and moving on.

haha at least your honest

love you man :)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Another three players added to AB training squad, Tom Taylor ,Charlie Ngatai and Seta Tamanivalu. Apparently Ofa Tu'ungafasi, George Moala and Brad Weber were added to the side last week.

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_59277,00.html

Given Ngatai's been named to captain NZ Maori v Fiji on July 11 one presumes he's in the AB envoronment on a just-in-case basis as we're hardly short of midfield options ATM.

Matchday 23 due to be named on Monday.

EDIT: now this is odd: SRU spends a shit-load of Tala "upgrading" Apia Park from capacity ~12K to........ 8K? WTF?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...a-cuts-apia-park-capacity-for-all-blacks-test

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
1. Tony Woodcock (110)
2. Keven Mealamu (123)
3. Owen Franks (67)
4. Luke Romano (17)
5. Samuel Whitelock (62)
6. Jerome Kaino (56)
7. Richie McCaw - captain (137)
8. Kieran Read (72)
9. Andy Ellis (26)
10. Daniel Carter (102)
11. Charles Piutau (14)
12. Sonny Bill Williams (23)
13. Ryan Crotty (13)
14. George Moala
15. Israel Dagg (46)
Reserves:
16. Hikawera Elliot (3)
17. Wyatt Crockett (36)
18. Nepo Laulala
19. Brodie Retallick (36)
20. Matt Todd (2)
21. Brad Weber
22. Colin Slade (17)
23. Charlie Ngatai

Incredible. That pack is straight out of 2011.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^^^^ initial 41-man squad contained 12 x 'canes & 5 x Clansmen.

I'm increasingly sceptical as to the value of this game. Apia Park's capacity has been reduced from ~ 12K to nearer 8K, they've had to tear down the temporary seating at each end over safety concerns & if Mahonri Schwalger is to be believed the tickets are unaffordable to the average Samoan.

Can't see how SRU will make anything out of the match, far better to have played it in South Auckland under lights. It looks more & more like a PR stunt by the Samoan PM (who also happens to chair SRU).

About the only positive I can see from a Samoan POV is that they've got most of their foreign-based players back, just eight residents in their squad of 44.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
the whole things a fucking joke, no prick will see it, midweek lunchtime kickoff, every cnut will be at work or school, tix cost 6.3 years of a Samoans salary, SRU bully boy despot Idi Amin honcho wanker just martyred his way into the fixture and will probably nick any profits to goldplate his chihuahua's bathtub

George Moala debuts for the All Blacks and every man and his dog will miss it wft it's like a Hitler parody youtube vid waiting to happen

hitler_1567.jpg

"Hitler finds out that the All Blacks rugby test match
kicks off at fucking lunchtime. On a Wednesday."

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's at 3pm local. Don't see how it could've been any later. I assume the ground doesn't have lighting.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
the whole things a fucking joke, no prick will see it, midweek lunchtime kickoff, every cnut will be at work or school, tix cost 6.3 years of a Samoans salary, SRU bully boy despot Idi Amin honcho wanker just martyred his way into the fixture and will probably nick any profits to goldplate his chihuahua's bathtub

George Moala debuts for the All Blacks and every man and his dog will miss it wft it's like a Hitler parody youtube vid waiting to happen

"Hitler finds out that the All Blacks rugby test match
kicks off at fucking lunchtime. On a Wednesday."

On the contrary DP, Wednesday afternoon has been called a Samoan holiday and they have setup a load of viewing areas for the locals beside the match.

so I counter with almost every single Samoan will see it, and lets not forget, that is who this match is for.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
3 from the Highlanders and 7 from the Hurricanes by my count..

Lets see: Smith, Smith, Sapoaga, Fekitoa, Naholo from the Highlanders.
Coles, Franks, Broadhurst, Thrush, Vito, Perenara, Barret, Smith, Nonu, Savea, Jane, Milner Skudder from the Hurricanes.
Thats 17 by my count.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Samoa: (15-1)Tim Nanai-Williams, Alofa Alofa, Paul Perez, Johnny Leota, Alesana Tuilagi, Tusi Pisi, Kahn Fotuali’i, Ofisa Treviranus (captain), Jack Lam, Alafoti Faosiliva, Kane Thompson, Teofilo Paulo, Census Johnson, Wayne Ole Avei, Sakaria Taulafo.
Reserves: Ma’atulimanu Leiataua, Viliamu Afatia, Anthony Perenise, Iosefa Tekori, Maurie Faasavalu, Pele Cowley, Faialaga Afamasaga, Ken Pisi.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
On the contrary DP, Wednesday afternoon has been called a Samoan holiday and they have setup a load of viewing areas for the locals beside the match.

so I counter with almost every single Samoan will see it, and lets not forget, that is who this match is for.

Well for a start there'll need to be enough big screens for the 4,000-odd who could have attended the match live pre- the "upgrade" of Apia Park. And obviously those people watching it on said screens could just as easily do so a few hours later.........................

I'd love to know who won the tender to reduce Apia Park's capacity by ~4K & after how extensive a tender process. Based on recent history it wouldn't surprise me if the answers were "the PM/ Chairman's cousin" & "what tender process?".

I think it's kinda cool we're playing it in Apia but fear it's for the wrong reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.