• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedBlue

Stan Wickham (3)
Shame they aren't playing 16as and 15as. Particularly if scots could pull together a full strength 15as . Too hard I guess

IMHO Scots 15 A's would dust Waverley's. Scots 15A's have a good pack at full strength and backs which would keep the Waverley backs quiet. Waves only really have 3 players that could contend in the strong GPS age that is the 15's.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
IMHO Scots 15 A's would dust Waverley's. Scots 15A's have a good pack at full strength and backs which would keep the Waverley backs quiet. Waves only really have 3 players that could contend in the strong GPS age that is the 15's.
Aren't many at Glengarry, and Scots opting out of encounters v other GPS 15As? Maybe I'm missing something, but how does that translate to a dominant outfit? Or is this 'on paper, based on u14 form.......'? And who have 15s GPS teams played other than each other to evidence the asserted strength of the competition? There have been a no of efforts v other associations that were less than successful. You may be correct on both fronts, but where is the evidence?

fastfeetthruthehole

Frank Row (1)
Grammar 1st and 2nd XV take on Cranbrook 1st and 2nd XV this Friday (10th of July)...... Thoughts?
Come down to weigall (Edgecliff) to see a cracking game of rugby

Parentsplease

Stan Wickham (3)
Aren't many at Glengarry, and Scots opting out of encounters v other GPS 15As? Maybe I'm missing something, but how does that translate to a dominant outfit? Or is this 'on paper, based on u14 form...'? And who have 15s GPS teams played other than each other to evidence the asserted strength of the competition? There have been a no of efforts v other associations that were less than successful. You may be correct on both fronts, but where is the evidence?

Being new to this any teams in particular you would like them to play or get reports for?

The Incredible Plan

Herbert Moran (7)
English school Sherborne School are on tour and playing Kings and Riverview:

Wednesday 8th July versus Southport School: 1st XV kick off at: 2.15pm and 2nd XV at 12.45pm

Saturday 11th July versus Churchie: 1st XV kick off at: 1pm and 2nd XV at 2.15pm

Monday 13th July versus King’s, Parramatta: kick off at: 1st XV 2pm and 2nd XV at 3.15pm

Thursday 16th July versus Riverview: kick off at: 1st XV 4pm and 2nd XV at 3pm

Monday 20th July tournament in Cairns: kick off 4.30pm (at St Augustine’s)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
15A ones would be a good start. If a team hasn't played any 15As, how can they be a good thing to dust one (Waverley) that has with some success?

The wildcard would be which Scots boys were at Glengary in Terms 1 and 2 and who will be coming back in Terms 3 and 4. The Scots 15s who play in Term 3 will be completely different to the boys who played in Term 2. In theory it would be possible for the Term 3 TSC 15As to be of genuine 15A standard. IIRC this Scots team was very good in 13As and 14As.

Parentsplease

Stan Wickham (3)
15A ones would be a good start. If a team hasn't played any 15As, how can they be a good thing to dust one (Waverley) that has with some success?

My question sorry. Was more in reference to your point of the relative strength of the gps competition vs other associations.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
My question sorry. Was more in reference to your point of the relative strength of the gps competition vs other associations.
ISA (Joeys went down to Augustines 4 tries to 2 on the weekend they were scheduled to play Scots 15A) or CAS (Knox beat Joeys and New in trials last time they played - yes i do know that athos were out. Waverley and Knox are 1 all in 15A match offs). I'm not claiming that either of these associations is stronger, simply that asserting the 'strength' of the GPS 15As comp without evidence is hubris.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
The wildcard would be which Scots boys were at Glengary in Terms 1 and 2 and who will be coming back in Terms 3 and 4. The Scots 15s who play in Term 3 will be completely different to the boys who played in Term 2. In theory it would be possible for the Term 3 TSC 15As to be of genuine 15A standard. IIRC this Scots team was very good in 13As and 14As.
Agree QH, its entirely possible. But the proof is in the eating rather than in positing that the pudding would be excellent if only it existed.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
The gps 15s is an interesting group, and in my view an interesting case study.

Newington would have to have been the strongest initially (ie at 13s) but then their big boppers started playing up an age last year

Scots also were pretty handy, with savala (ex waverley) their biggest star, and their ranks including Tim Gavin's son.

Then last year joeys started to show that despite no size, and not an overly strong age group, they were on the rise.

Then Kings showed some form and unless I am mistaken knocked off joeys at joeys.

However at this stage st augustines would smash them all

And will be interesting to see in future any cross code games, against other fair teams in knox who has some junior rugby stars (Cameron being the one I rate) and waverley who has some junior league stars ( hard to seperate towns and murphy)

Would like to see a full strength newington team , even more than scots, but it will be a case of waiting til future years... And I reckon scots will be pretty good next year

Parentsplease

Stan Wickham (3)
ISA (Joeys went down to Augustines 4 tries to 2 on the weekend they were scheduled to play Scots 15A) or CAS (Knox beat Joeys and New in trials last time they played - yes i do know that athos were out. Waverley and Knox are 1 all in 15A match offs). I'm not claiming that either of these associations is stronger, simply that asserting the 'strength' of the GPS 15As comp without evidence is hubris.

Ok st augs smashes everyone in the Isa no competition and flogs Knox and Riverview beat them. Does that answer the question??

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Think you might want to check St Augs team sheet that day. And Joeys beats RV and gets beaten by St Augs and Knox, so probably not. Don't think there will be a clear result here. Again, my points were: (1) not that the other associations were stronger, but that there was bugger all evidence GPS was; and (2) if Scots 15As don't play other 15As, speculating on how they may perform against another decent 15As team is fantasy. I won't take up more GGR air time defending the self evident.

harry247

Allen Oxlade (6)
The gps 15s is an interesting group, and in my view an interesting case study.

Newington would have to have been the strongest initially (ie at 13s) but then their big boppers started playing up an age last year

Scots also were pretty handy, with savala (ex waverley) their biggest star, and their ranks including Tim Gavin's son.

Then last year joeys started to show that despite no size, and not an overly strong age group, they were on the rise.

Then Kings showed some form and unless I am mistaken knocked off joeys at joeys.

However at this stage st augustines would smash them all

And will be interesting to see in future any cross code games, against other fair teams in knox who has some junior rugby stars (Cameron being the one I rate) and waverley who has some junior league stars ( hard to seperate towns and murphy)

Would like to see a full strength newington team , even more than scots, but it will be a case of waiting til future years. And I reckon scots will be pretty good next year

In my opinion Waverley 15a's would be any GPS side. i watched there last game against Knox a couple of weeks back and they looked really strong!

Parentsplease

Stan Wickham (3)
Ou
Think you might want to check St Augs team sheet that day. And Joeys beats RV and gets beaten by St Augs and Knox, so probably not. Don't think there will be a clear result here. Again, my points were: (1) not that the other associations were stronger, but that there was bugger all evidence GPS was; and (2) if Scots 15As don't play other 15As, speculating on how they may perform against another decent 15As team is fantasy. I won't take up more GGR air time defending the self evident.
Can understand why you would want to drop it. You were trying to draw attention obviously to your sons side in the isa Gordon Sydney sides. As my title says parents please. Let them play no need to play the politics. Bill bell already knows you very well. GPS is clearly the strongest comp. build a bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.