• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Stars . NRC Official Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
They'll never allow current teams to exist as franchises in the NRC. For one thing, it stops their very strong community development program, even though it should shift to NRC clubs once they're strong enough. It also limits their potential supporter base as well which would eventually shift their name to just sydney anyway.

Stronger branding and media presence as well as better leveraging of history of their two constituent clubs would help the stars tremendously, eventually they'd be able to get up there.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It may be time for Sydney University to field a stand alone NRC team. They're damaging the Shute Shield by hoarding all the talent for themselves and they are effectively an NRC team playing in suburban club rugby. Time to cut the Stars and have a Sydney Uni NRC team.

Where are Sydney Uni coming on the Shute Shield ladder? And do you seriously think that "hoarded" talent that is currently in 6th place in the Shute Shield could be competitive against ACT Vikings, Melbourne Rising, Perth Spirit and others in the NRC?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yep, Leichardt oval is a fabulous spot for rugger. Nice chatting to the guys and even got to meet Pulver.

But have to admit the public exposure is uninspiring at the moment.

Heard how was going to be changes with more marketing etc...seen zip so far which is a pity as loved stars rugby matches at leichardt last year as great oval for game of rugger and lager on the hill with mates or family (took both to different games)....

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Nah, I just walk up the hill. ;-)

TBH is it worse than any other suburban oval? Plenty of buses on Darling Street, they join up with the ferries. Light rail comes close enough for a short walk. Or drive - parking chLlenging for the West Tigers but hardly a real problem for the Stars.

Parking pretty easy for Stars games as plenty of parking around the stadium given crowd size....

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Decided going to go to a couple of stars away games held in Sydney this season as great value rugby for little cost and 4 games not enough for me...

T

TOCC

Great prices, $15 for adults, $10 for youth and students and kids under 13 are free..

Whilst i dislike the Stars, they are the closest team to me in the Eastern Suburbs and they have a great stadium, il probably attend a few of their games in 2015.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I'm just going to not take the coach seriously. Couldn't cope with another set of stress hernias over the two I call Richard and Grahame.

$50 for season tickets in the Grandstand. Bought two, hopefully Mrs Dru will join me. Otherwise find me on the hill looking for a beer.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Having trouble viewing this email? Click here to view online version.
e2a6937b-d3fd-4130-8347-9f0694723b8b.jpg

SYDNEY STARS ARE SET TO RISE
THE NRC DRAW FOR 2015 HAS BEEN
ANNOUNCED & MEMBERSHIP AND TICKETS
ARE NOW AVAILABLE.
An early bird offer is available for a limited time:
4 home games for $50
BUY TICKETS NOW

HOME GAMES
Grab your tickets to the Sydney Stars home games
Undercover Grandstand $25 General Admission $15
Students/Youths $10* Children FREE
*Students/Youths 13-18 years
QUEENSLAND COUNTRY
27th August 7:30pm
PERTH SPIRIT
5 September 3:00pm
GREATER SYDNEY RAMS
27 September 3:00pm
BRISBANE CITY
2 October 7:30pm
Grab your tickets TODAY
and we'll see you at Leichhardt Oval from 27th August.
BUY TICKETS NOW

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Hi all,

last year GAGR covered the NRC better than any other media unit out there. We had the support of a great bunch of supporters who stuck their hand up and either wrote reviews or previews or took photos.

If you are keen to stick your hand up to help out this year, please send me a direct message and let me know (including team and which discipline).

We make it easy with you in terms of templates for match reviews and previews.

Media accreditation through the ARU will also be available.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
2015 Buildcorp National Rugby Championship – Marquee Player Alignment:

Sydney Stars
Nick Phipps
Bernard Foley
Israel Folau
Will Skelton

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
With all their Paratroopers back from Waratah (and Rebels) duties, Sydney University couldn't beat Southern Districts.

If they are to be competitive in the NRC, one would hope that the Stars will be "acquiring" some more talent rather than just relying on current and former Sydney University Club players that have been released by their Super Rugby Franchise.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
With all their Paratroopers back from Waratah (and Rebels) duties, Sydney University couldn't beat Southern Districts.

If they are to be competitive in the NRC, one would hope that the Stars will be "acquiring" some more talent rather than just relying on current and former Sydney University Club players that have been released by their Super Rugby Franchise.

You would like to assume that they have learnt from last season. The Stars were the best illustration of the gap between club rugby and the NRC. For the sake of their viability hopefully they're looking a little further afield this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.