• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2015 Super XV Final Hurricanes v Highlanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Really enjoyed the pace of the game. TJ Perenara was superb I thought. Played controlled footy and took his opportunities. His speed to the breakdown and delivery from the base was some of the best I've seen from here.

There were several players from both packs that really stepped it up. My pick for motm was Ainley. He was massive. He cleared Canes players relentlessly. Dixon was awesome also. But I thought Franks, Boradhurst and Vito were also bringing the heat and caused the Landers some real issues.

The defensive patterns by the Landers was excellent. Really took away the space of the AB midfield. In turn NMS had very little opportunity to skin a defender. His one run on the outside with the perfect one hand pass inside to Nonu was a beauty though.

Savea not his greatest game, but that try saving tackle was something.

Was cheering for the Landers and was just as happy after the game as when my mob have won it in past years.

Lots of good noises coming out of the Landers camp about keeping the team together for next season.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep ACT Cru, I been saying the Clan looked like losing only Manu for next year, maybe the least loss of personel out of any team in top half of the comp. Could be fairly strong you would think.

G

galumay

All of the writers on here are volunteers. We fit it in when we can and usually because it is our team which we are passionate about.

Sorry, my bad, I thought it was because you were passionate about the game of rugby. /irony

If one of the kiwi fans on here had wanted to write an article it would have been posted with gratitude.

Again, I think a rugby fan would suffice.

It has nothing to do with being petty. If you could see the writers sub forum you would see the discussion underway as the next batch of articles for the RC and RWC are planned, while most of us who contributed through the Super season take a well earned break.

Ok, well I can only say how its perceived. It LOOKS petty and small minded, to not write one word about one of the best games of the year, the culmination of our highest level of the game below international competition, that looks bad. It smacks of parochialism. We suddenly dont care because there is no australian team in the final?

Anyhoo, dont think we dont appreciate the contribtion of all the writers at G&G, its a great forum with many valued contributers and its good to be able to follow the sport from one site.

Hopefully it was an oversight that wont be repeated, and I look forward to reviews of the RWC games - even if we are knocked out before the final!!

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I can't recall a single Super Rugby game being covered this year that didn't feature an Australian side, because after all this is an Australian Rugby site.
That being said though, on the Internet, content is king and it was probably a missed opportunity for some site visits I imagine.
If you haven't ever tried it though, give writing a match review a go. It's not that easy and I can only speak for myself but I spend the whole time writing notes, collecting stats and analysing what's happening, that I don't actually get to watch the Rugby. So apart from the time sacrifice, I also sacrifice my enjoyment of a lot of quality games.

The thing that riles me up the most about your posts though is the sense of entitlement. I just don't really get that.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I can't recall a single Super Rugby game being covered this year that didn't feature an Australian side, because after all this is an Australian Rugby site.
That being said though, on the Internet, content is king and it was probably a missed opportunity for some site visits I imagine.
If you haven't ever tried it though, give writing a match review a go. It's not that easy and I can only speak for myself but I spend the whole time writing notes, collecting stats and analysing what's happening, that I don't actually get to watch the Rugby. So apart from the time sacrifice, I also sacrifice my enjoyment of a lot of quality games.

The thing that riles me up the most about your posts though is the sense of entitlement. I just don't really get that.
And then try and put it together with images, but the images have to be sourced from the correct site, be the correct size, be uploaded to the correct location to display properly. It's not a 15 minute job to write some copy in a word doc and slap it up.

But it seems Gaulmay is intent on looking the gift horse in the mouth.

G

galumay

Well do feel free to contribute.

You know what, for some reason I dont seem to have any enthusiasm for writing for a forum where constructive critisism gets such a negative response. If people really dont think there is a problem with not covering the final of the most important southern hemisphere rugby competition on a so called rugby site then I suspect the effort would be wasted anyway.

Its a pity, because as i was careful to iterate, generally i think the contributers do a great job and I appreciate the effort they go to - that doesnt mitigate the failure to cover the final, and whether people like it or not it does create a perception that reinforces our reputation as poor sports.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
Oh, I was looking forward to your insightful, well-written, and concise summary of the final of the most important southern hemisphere rugby competition. :(

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I think its GREAT there's nothing about the final on the front page. All foreign teams, why should an Aus rugby site, so emblazoned with green and gold out the front there give a fuck? Parochial!

Of course as a foreign freak I've only ever looked at the front page once or twice as there is nothing there for me to read. Which may be a related issue haha

fuckit, just biff this up on the front page:

MATCH REPORT: 2015 Super 15 Final Highlanders vs Hurricanes

tumbleweed.gif

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
You know what, for some reason I dont seem to have any enthusiasm for writing for a forum where constructive critisism gets such a negative response. If people really dont think there is a problem with not covering the final of the most important southern hemisphere rugby competition on a so called rugby site then I suspect the effort would be wasted anyway.

We would love to have you on board. We are always looking for fresh writers with fresh ideas. I actually wrote a review for one of the non Australian quarter finals. (speaking of respect Australia has a capital letter) Unfortunately I had to go to work half way through the final. I still haven't got back to watch the second half.
By the end of the Super Rugby season the small band of writers have had enough and I didn't even ask for volunteers.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
galumay, is this some sort of beat up or what?? Sure provide some constructive feedback about what may make the site better, but what's the point of criticising what is a voluntary exercise?

Plus the discussion on this thread in the lead up to the final was pretty good and provided some salient discussion points.

As the first AB supporter that joined the old yellow scarf forum which morphed into GAGR, it has never ever crossed my mind that there SHOULD be front page pieces. It to my knowledge has never been about that.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Funnily enough I almost never read match reports on here anyway (or in papers), not because they aren't well done or anything, just that any match I'm interested in I watch , and then enjoy coming in here to discuss with other like minded rugby supporters. I like Crusader, never crossed my mind that there should be a report on ANY game, just good to see any done by writers who have the inclination to do them.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
ffs why is it always up to me to start these Super Ruigby Finals threads?

ps this thread reminded me 2015 was the last we saw of Milner Skudder as a threatening rugby player. It's 2018 now. Or so they tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.