• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v. Springboks, 18th July 2015, Suncorp, Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Duane

4 weeks ago the Stormers said he needed a week's rest. Now the Bok doctors say he has to have surgery. How the feck doe that work?

The rest is usually the first step, "do no harm stuff" with many ills just going away with rest; before they try more invasive options

There was a great article in the Aus Skeptics magazine a thousand years ago running through the process of why they don't test for every obscure tropical disease everytime you turn up at the doctors with a rash

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
The rest is usually the first step, "do no harm stuff" with many ills just going away with rest; before they try more invasive options

There was a great article in the Aus Skeptics magazine a thousand years ago running through the process of why they don't test for every obscure tropical disease everytime you turn up at the doctors with a rash

Oh come on I just loving whinging about the Stormers and now you have to become reasonable and all that :)

I stand fast that the Stormer's medical staff and their genius now ex-coach are squarely to blame and should commit group hari-kiri off that stupid mountain of theirs. :)

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Duane Vermeulen is gone.

Out for ten weeks. Requires ned surgery.

4 weeks ago the Stormers said he needed a week's rest. Now the Bok doctors say he has to have surgery. How the feck doe that work?

They are going to try anf get him back for the World Cup but he will be underdone.

Thanks a lot Stormers and Alistair Coetzee. He could have been four weeks into recovery already. The incompetence out of Stoemrs Rugby continues. I never thought it would hurt the Boks but now it really has. Coetzee's legacy didn't take long to kick in.

We will not win a World Cup without Vermeulen. There is no replacement for him.
Ten weeks is quite light for ned surgery.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Ten weeks is quite light for ned surgery.

Sure, but walking straight into a World Cup from the tenth week with no rugby under the belt?

Ouch.

And that is what Meyer will do. He will play Vermeulen even if he is just a glimmer of hope.

Anyway I just hope he has the sense to play Whiteley at 8 now and not to go back to Pierre bloody Spies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Anyway I just hope he has the sense to play Whiteley at 8 now and not to go back to Pierre bloody Spies.

Aww you never know, for a RWC match you might actually get to see Pierre for at least 3 minutes on the park per match.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Cheika should set up a probables vs possibles match this weekend, both NZ and SA are playing a match before their first TRC matches. Argentina have had two matches against the French Barbarians already. We're coming into this underprepared.

PiXeL_Ninja

Bill Watson (15)
Cheika should set up a probables vs possibles match this weekend, both NZ and SA are playing a match before their first TRC matches. Argentina have had two matches against the French Barbarians already. We're coming into this underprepared.

Surprised that ARU havnt organised a warm up? ARU wake up late or is this by choice?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Originally link was planning on something like a probables vs possibles, but it seems to h a be fallen through the cracks with the change over.

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Fiji and Samoa are both playing before the PNC (Pacific Nations Cup) this weekend. We should've got a match against Tonga or even in Tonga! Plenty of Tongans in the Wallabies.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Originally link was planning on something like a probables vs possibles, but it seems to h a be fallen through the cracks with the change over.

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk
Maybe they are but we just don't know about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wilson

David Codey (61)
What link was talking about was to be promoted and possibly televised. They may well be doing an intra squad trial, but that's not exactly the same thing.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Fair point but if the players are told that it is essentially a selection trial it shouldn't matter how many people are watching.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Don't have to pay match fees for an unofficial training game. If it was promoted/ televised they'd probably have to pay.

45 players x $10,000 = a lot of reasons not to hold a game

Edit - a quick Google suggests it would actually be $2,500 per player and is exactly why a similar game was called off in 2009

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A game of the best XV vs the next best XV with the remaining 10 on each team's benches would be good. Maybe a 60 min game of 15 min quarters.

T

Train Without a Station

Combinations are important, but then you don't get a view of who is the best option actually qwerty because they are playing behind 2nd choice forwards, being fed by 2nd choice halves and have 2nd choice running options outside of them.

Really skews the selection to who you always wanted anyway, in which case it's a little redundant.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It wasn't about finding out who is the best.. it's better than nothing than determining the best by training? I'm sure Cheika already has a view on who he wants in his XV. As you say, the game would be purely for combinations and getting used to a pattern of play.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Don't have to pay match fees for an unofficial training game. If it was promoted/ televised they'd probably have to pay.

45 players x $10,000 = a lot of reasons not to hold a game

Edit - a quick Google suggests it would actually be $2,500 per player and is exactly why a similar game was called off in 2009
That's why we haven't had them in the past. My understanding was RUPA were starting to come to the party on this and there was the possibility to do it for a profit. It's only half remembered though, so it may not have been as likely as I thought.

This is where the real missed opportunity is for mine, whether it be a possibles vs probables or a warm up game vs someone (Japan might’ve been a good option). Missing the chance to make some sorely needed money off the preparation.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
wasnt everyone concerned last week about the amount of rugby under the belt already for key players?

Mrs-Browns-Boys-DMovie.png

Status
Not open for further replies.