• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Samoa v All Blacks: Apia, 8/07/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This is how the Wallabies are going to be in their 1st Test of the year.. except it's against SA. :(

SaderCheif

Jimmy Flynn (14)
To be honest, I've seen school boy's play better. Second string team or not, that is terrible rugby and some of the errors are inexcusable. Alot of those AB players should not be selected anytime soon. I think that was the end of Dagg.

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
Goes to show having your team attend a street parade the day before a match is probably not a good idea for keeping them focused. Hopefully this is the worst the All Blacks play this year.

Well played Samoa.

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
To be honest, I've seen school boy's play better. Second string team or not, that is terrible rugby and some of the errors are inexcusable. Alot of those AB players should not be selected anytime soon. I think that was the end of Dagg.

Aside from tests what other chances does Dagg have to play himself back into form? Ngati looked surprisingly good at full back.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Doubt many people were predicting that to be 1 try all.

On ability alone Samoa would deserve to be in the Rugby Championships at least as much as Argentina. With their team now having a couple of months together before the world cup they should improve - South Africa won't have it all their own way in their pool.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Think Piutau and Slade will be enough cover so that the ABs only have to take Ben Smith as an outright fullback.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Agree that Dagg will struggle to make the world cup squad. SBW must also be in danger of missing out. He hasn't been in great form all season and looked off the pace today.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Game was inline with expectations, we couldn't catch a cold, and the Samoans defence and all around game was extremely physical. Still, won by 2 scores despite playing pretty average, with a weird (read, no) gameplan.

McCaw, Carter good, Rest, average to say the least. SBW easily his worst game in black.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I think people are missing how big an occasion this is.

The first time an AB team has ever traveled to Apia to play the Manu. For me, this whole event was/is so much more than just the game itself and for a few minutes there I was praying for a Munster-sized miracle. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a lack of desire in the AB camp to go over there and try to give Manu Samoa a 50-point thrashing.

I think to judge a few of the ABs based on this performance will be unfair and the Rugby Championship will be a much better yard-stick to use.

Great day for rugby.

*EDIT* As much as they are professional players and everything - guarantee a lot of the ABs would not have been keen to have a run against some of those Manu Samoa players on this day, on this occasion. Just the physicality and the mind-set of the Samoan players would have been immense. They had nothing to lose in front of their own home crowd against the best team on the planet.

I was glad to see that Manu Samoa had no brain snaps or reckless actions and just kept to the hard hard play that they are renowned for.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Gee bloody wizz. Struck deals with my workmates to get 2 hours off at work to watch that. Would have preferred the work.

We know the All Blacks are always rusty first time up but that was something else. Samoa did well to put the pressure on but piss poor from most in black.

Ellis won't play again. Service was atrocious, even when not under pressure. Dagg was plain old shit but he's been out for way too long, understandable. Most of the backs were pants. Whatever the hell the game plan was, didn't help them. Far too much shitty kicking, up and unders, wipers kicks <---- srs, gtfo. 10 minutes to go, 6 points up, on the 22, kick the fucking ball out.

Tell you what, McCaw and Read better be looking over their shoulder. Read is nowhere near the form he was 2 years ago. Vito could take Reads spot. Cane should be starting, simple. Won't happen though.

Ngatai came on and played well.

I made a joke the other day that the Highlanders would beat the current All Blacks side. Little bit too true today.

Man, the Samoans got a roll on in that second half.

^^^Yeah, but totally understand the occasion aspect. I don't have much to say about that apart from what is obvious :) . A few of those fringe AB's needed this game to step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.