• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v. Springboks, 18th July 2015, Suncorp, Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
yeah, but no Bok supporters have ever flashed the Suncorp crowd, have they?
franceflash.jpg
Ah I remember this well. I literally had the seat in front of her

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Hooper over Pocock - I'm ok with that. Hooper has been great on test duty for the past coiple of years. My only sore point is he tends to lift his head from the scrum too early. Hooper will have a blinder on Saturday knowing Poey will be on the bench just awaiting his shot. The intense competition between both of these blokes will be a real plus for the team.

If we are going to be competive at scrumtime all 8 blokes need to be working as one.

First bloke outa 6, 7 or 8 who lifts his noggin' should be dragged immediately.

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Okay I've stayed up till 1am where I am waiting for the team. Wallabies Twitter said it would be announced at 10am AEST and still no movement.

ANYONE?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Okay I've stayed up till 1am where I am waiting for the team. Wallabies Twitter said it would be announced at 10am AEST and still no movement.

ANYONE?
well last Friday they said the 31 man squad would be announced at 12.00 and it came out at 12.50..so go get another coffee ;)

nick_

Allen Oxlade (6)
1. James Slipper - (Reds - 63 Tests)
2. Stephen Moore, C - (Brumbies - 92 Tests)
3. Sekope Kepu (Waratahs - 52 Tests)
4. Will Skelton (Waratahs - 8 Tests)
5. Rob Simmons (Reds - 50 Tests)
6. Scott Fardy (Brumbies - 20 Tests)
7. Michael Hooper, VC - (Waratahs 42 Tests)
8. Scott Higginbotham (Rebels -31 Tests)
9. Will Genia (Reds - 58 Tests)
10. Quade Cooper (Reds - 53 Tests)
11. Rob Horne (Waratahs 25 Tests)
12. Matt Giteau (Toulon - 92 Tests)
13. Tevita Kuridrani (Brumbies - 20 Tests)
14. Adam Ashley-Cooper, VC - (Waratahs - 104 Tests)
15. Israel Folau (Waratahs - 29 Tests)

Reserves

16. Tatafu Polota-Nau (Waratahs - 50 Tests)
17. Scott Sio (Brumbies - 5 Tests)
18. Greg Holmes (Reds - 13 Tests)
19. James Horwill (Reds - 58 Tests)
20. David Pocock (Brumbies - 46 Tests)
21. Nick Phipps (Waratahs - 28 Tests)
22. Matt To'omua (Brumbies 21 Tests)
23. Drew Mitchell (Toulon - 63 Caps)

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's not what I'd consider to be our best XV, but completely understand the need to test a few players.............

T

Train Without a Station

Would have liked to have seen Foley on the bench instead of To'omua. I think To'omua offers more as a starter and Foley can have more of an impact off the bench.

Hope Sio and Holmes get a solid 40 minutes too.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Giteau, Mitchell, Genia (to partner Quade)..........

And a pretty conservative wing pairing...........

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Would have liked to have seen Foley on the bench instead of To'omua. I think To'omua offers more as a starter and Foley can have more of an impact off the bench.

Hope Sio and Holmes get a solid 40 minutes too.

I thought the same as well but with Foley/Mitchell on the bench and Quade at 10 there's no-one covering 12. So I assume that's the reason.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Horwill. Weirdness. Surely now is the time to give Arnold a shot. Horwill has been awful for 2 years. Comical at times.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Probably close to the best 23 despite not necessarily being the best 15. Probably missing Speight and Foley, along with whichever lock people prefer and Palu or McCalman over one of the flankers if people don't like Higgers or two opensides.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
Hooper over Pocock - I'm ok with that. Hooper has been great on test duty for the past coiple of years. My only sore point is he tends to lift his head from the scrum too early. Hooper will have a blinder on Saturday knowing Poey will be on the bench just awaiting his shot. The intense competition between both of these blokes will be a real plus for the team.

If we are going to be competive at scrumtime all 8 blokes need to be working as one.

First bloke outa 6, 7 or 8 who lifts his noggin' should be dragged immediately.

Skelton will give that a good shake at 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.