• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Manly 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Want the piggies to get the go forward this week, really looking forward to watching our back line that is back together again.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Hey Dave, what time do the ferries start running to Manly?
9am start for 4th grade -- hope the guys have a quiet night tonight and remember to set their alarm clocks ;)

Johnno40

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hey Dave, The MMM's backs when they fire are without question the best in the comp.
But its up front where it all starts, I think the front row for Manly is the biggest concern when the finals start.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Great afternoon, enjoyed watching I was also able to give Bob the good oil on Reece Hodge as he schooled Horwitz in 12;
But more later
reece.jpg

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
But he could have had his photo taken with me Dave ????

It was a great adternoon, the legend pulled up a seat at out table and chatted rugby all afternoon - rugby heaven.

Bob thanks for a great arvo, it what makes our game great.

With some great ruby played.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
A magnificent day put on by the Manly club though a tad early for some in fourths.
Wicks fourths came out to play with several old stalwarts back from injury. The game was a game of lost opportunities as Wicks had the better of the first half but the score was 0-0. Wicks scored early in the second half to lead 5-0. Manly tried everything and also made mistakes when the line beckoned. On the bell manly scored under the posts and won 7-5. The Wicks halfback and the 5/8 deserve for their efforts.
Thirds new look team had the perfect start and lead 19-0 before Manly composed and started a fightback. Manly had many chances not taken out wide but were determined to knock thirds out. the Wicks rallied to hold on for the win 27-17.
Seconds was a very physical affair with two very good teams having a good crack. Manly looked to have it in the bag at 21-16 with 2 minutes to go and the Wicks looking spent. One more team rally with first the half making a dive for the line followed by a good cleanout by the second rower and of course the beetle on hand to place the ball over on the bell to make it 21-21. The conversion gave Wicks the win after the bell. 23-21
Firsts started well and got a well taken try to lead 7 -0 and thoughts of the previous week went through a few heads.The Wicks were going to have a crack. Manly rallied and started to get a flow on. Once these big teams get any momentum they are almost impossible to stop and so it was with manly scoring several times and quickly. Wicks were not to go down quietly and fought back with a couple of tries of their own but Manly were too strong and their midfield too good on this day. The centre for wicks appeared to be carrying a niggle as he was seriously gassed a couple of times. The fullbacks defence is very good but it would be a different team with Carrraro in the centres. lost 36-17
Great work, I'll grab that one

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Well done boys, keep building on what you have started, finishing touches, dont leave the job half done.
Own what you have achieved - now's time get bigger, better, and harder.

Minor Premiers

mmmmmmmm.jpg

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Hey Dave,

I notice the Marlins have named Michael Hooper on the bench for this Saturday -- is that on the assumption he'll cop a suspension and, if so, can he then play club rugby?

Or is this just a wind up?

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Hey Dave,

I notice the Marlins have named Michael Hooper on the bench for this Saturday -- is that on the assumption he'll cop a suspension and, if so, can he then play club rugby?

Where are the teams listed Coach

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hey Dave,

Named on the bench, so if he cops 1 game he can play in the Bledisloe. If he gets off he won't play.

Status
Not open for further replies.