• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
A very reliable source told me on Saturday that "View will be offering AFL next year with the AFL footing the bill.
It will be a combined GPS/CAS comp.
Why do I feel like the inventor of the compact casette?
And for those too young to know - this is a compact casette:
CC.jpeg

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
A very reliable source told me on Saturday that "View will be offering AFL next year with the AFL footing the bill.
It will be a combined GPS/CAS comp.
Why do I feel like the inventor of the compact casette?
And for those too young to know - this is a compact casette:
View attachment 6714

Don't Riverview already offer AFL? Shore have offered it for the past 2 years and now have a 13s and a 14s team - one assumes that next year they will have a 15s as well. Barker have teams as well.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Don't Riverview already offer AFL? Shore have offered it for the past 2 years and now have a 13s and a 14s team - one assumes that next year they will have a 15s as well. Barker have teams as well.

They have had one for years playing on Sunday.
The proposed comp will be on Saturday.
Combines GPS/CAS is how soccer got its toehold in GPS if I recall correctly.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Is there any interest in starting up a weekly preview blog for the three GPS matches every weekend?

It wouldn't have to be too long. 250 words per game would be about right, but with an absolute upper limit of 300 words.

One bloke could write all three, or three write one each and get a "byline".

I would put it together and chuck a few photos in from our "library" but I'd like other people to write the text.

The brevity of them would make them easier to do than match reports, and there is no time pressure either because you can write them at your leisure over a few days to publish on Thursday.

Anybody interested in (a) reading (b) writing such stuff??

Anybody interested in learning to use our WordPress blogging software to collate this material and get the byline for the whole blog? LG will be the teacher.

This could lead to other blogs such as writing on NRC, Waratahs or Wallabies matters - or on any other rugby topic.

Anybody interested??

PS - This post is already 200 words long, so nobody could say that 250 words to preview each match is a big ask.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Lee. I would be interested in reading and writing previews. Would prefer to write preview for one match only....preferably Scots vs X X X X. Would also be very interested in learning blogging software. Cheers

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Where can I find the tipping comp results and ladder. I've seen it somewhere before for an earlier round but can't remember where

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Jim it will depend on if the N 3's train this week the ovals apart for the main oval are in shuch bad condition that any rain will put a stop to that and as they only train 2 times a week at the best of times.

Weather looks okay at the moment, touch wood. Now I'm a one-eyed TAS supporter, but hope for the sake of Rugby Cheer Squad and the N boys that the weather holds up.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Where can I find the tipping comp results and ladder. I've seen it somewhere before for an earlier round but can't remember where

The ladder can always be found here. Just click on the right Round.

I don't know when the ladder for Round 4 came out but it was there this morning (Tuesday).

Lee. I would be interested in reading and writing previews. Would prefer to write preview for one match only..preferably Scots vs X X X X. Would also be very interested in learning blogging software. Cheers

Believe it or not it would be easier for people who want to learn to blog to do all three previews because otherwise you are waiting for the content from other people, and then you have to edit their work - and those things raise the blood pressure.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
They have had one for years playing on Sunday.
The proposed comp will be on Saturday.
Combines GPS/CAS is how soccer got its toehold in GPS if I recall correctly.

Shore, Knox, Barker and Riverview (at least those 4) have been playing in a Saturday competition for the last couple of years. Last year was Year 7, this year it has expanded to Year 7 and Year 8 and I assume that they are just going to keep adding age groups and schools.

This Saturday for example, Shore are playing Knox - 1st game at 12.50 (Year 7)and 2nd game at 2.10 (Year 8).

Peej

Allen Oxlade (6)
Riverview has had Aussie rules since the early 2000s. I believe they always had a 14's, 16's & Opens which have been very successful with winning sydney U18's premierships and have a handful of boys drafted to multiple AFL teams. Cant say I ever saw it take away any talent from rugby (I'm sure a couple of kids with ability have chosen it) and really just gave an opportunity to kids who enjoy Aussie rules. A lot of parents have come from our Mexican neighbors or the west.

I don't think a GPS/CAS comp would be of a higher standard than the current sydney U18s which would only hurt any boys development and hope of being drafted whether or not they are in an academy.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Riverview has had Aussie rules since the early 2000s. I believe they always had a 14's, 16's & Opens which have been very successful with winning sydney U18's premierships and have a handful of boys drafted to multiple AFL teams. Cant say I ever saw it take away any talent from rugby (I'm sure a couple of kids with ability have chosen it) and really just gave an opportunity to kids who enjoy Aussie rules. A lot of parents have come from our Mexican neighbors or the west.

I don't think a GPS/CAS comp would be of a higher standard than the current sydney U18s which would only hurt any boys development and hope of being drafted whether or not they are in an academy.

I won't take players from rugby at Riverview because Aussie Rules has been played there for a long time. It must impact on rugby at schools which have never played it before - 22-25 boys per age group out of the talent pool. Lewis Roberts-Thompson played 1sts for Shore and maybe also GPS - doubt guys like him would play rugby if there was an AFL option.

Status
Not open for further replies.