• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
If GT beat BBC 14 A after the 7 tries to 2 romp by BBC in trial game ,I will personally acknowledge the success of the GT recruiting and make a donation to the GT scholarship fund.

I already concede that the new boys especially the centres in the GT 15 As are the best centres in under 15 comp.

Only one new boy in the 15's

The 14's will be a lot closer than 7 tries 2 - what points start you giving??

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
@ HJ N

Yep, up with the rowdy and sometimes hilarious rabble :)

Last week's highlights are BBC-centric which took a bit longer to do. I wasn't going to post it because we have moved on since then, but I'm sure some people would still be interested. It may also help to lift the spirits of the BBC boys. All is not lost however, BBC can continue to march on and will need to win every game from here - one game at a time.

Somehow this link is not working for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
[q
uote="BraveandGame, post: 769164, member: 20727"]Only one new boy in the 15's
The 14's will be a lot closer than 7 tries 2 - what points start you giving??[/quote]

Given the best player from last year is out for the year-then if no further injuries- I will give you 12 points start.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Given the best player from last year is out for the year-then if no further injuries- I will give you 12 points start.

Seems a little light given the ‘confidence’ everyone out Toowong way has in the team but more than we'll need - 12.5 to cover a draw!!

How about a profile pic bet – if BBC win by more than 12.5 you supply the image and I’ll put it on my profile for the rest of the season – if they win by less than 12.5 or heaven forbid lose I’ll supply you an image for you profile??

BAG

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
BraveandGame

Don't totally agree with you. I think that the talent this year is as high as last year, it's just spread more evenly: this can be seen from the selections from the QLD 1 & 2's and the Australian schoolboys. I actually wouldn't be surprised if the Australian schoolboys do better than last year.

Agree that "The Churchie fans are still hungover from last season and had accepted by Christmas time that they had no chance of repeating the heroics of last year." However they will be competitive.

I don't think that BBC are totally out of it, but the pressure (and eyes) are certainly upon them with the next 3 games; they will be the first of the favoured top teams to learn of their fate this year. Think the backs are very good, possibly the equal of Churchie from last year. They have an equal or greater higher representative honours; however, I think there are some question marks or "holes" if you like, in the forwards. This doesn't allow the backs to get the traction of being on the front foot when required, and therefore it becomes up to individual brilliance to get the points.

TSS are "full of quality workers and capable footballers" and that's their strong suit and they know it. Not particularly worried about the names etc., what their main concern (from my point of view) is that they tend to "fall asleep at the wheel". They have a team right where they want them and they "lax"; I don't know can't quite put my finger on it. But I think that's their greatest weakness. If they come across a team that can grab that momentum when they fall asleep then that may be their Achilles heal.

Agree BGS and State High. Again I don't think its important if "the boys attending NC" can name the first XV; half of them don't go to the game like in the old days where it was mandatory. The lack of "talking up" by NC followers is partly due to the fact of a lack ‘personalities’ and partly because the average "punter" only looks at the flarey stuff (the big runs, the stepping etc.) and don't understand how rugby actually works. It's the popularists view on most sports.

On the popularity of the game: well I think the crowd was good at BBC on the weekend. I think at NC the week before the crowd was one of the biggest I have seen for a TGS game. So the crowd are there, I think so far. On this forum maybe last year was more popular because there were some ex-Wallaby son's in teams, maybe Churchie fans were excited and they use blogs more than others, I don't know.

Finally the Red and Black – definitely this year have played with courage and full use of their ability. Will have an up and down season and like IGS and TGS will be the possible "road-bumps" for the more fancied teams.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Also think that there are a number of contenders this year and due to the more even spread of talent then players and coaches tend to be more conservative in their approach to the game.

This may free-up a little further into the season or maybe when some of the fancied teams have a loss or two. Totally agree that this may be a shared premiership.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Well said Sage, I think you are spot on, the talent is more evenly spread and come round 5 the heat will be on and the banter will begin with 3-4 teams neck and neck. Any team wanting the premiership cannot afford to nod off or lax their game but rather will need to lift their game another notch to win the comp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
BraveandGame

Don't totally agree with you.

Don't forget I was addressing why the lack of banter on the forums, not the credentials of the teams or players - in a nutshell I don't think the names and personalities are as big as last year that plus the gun shy nature of some of our more active contributing supporter bases means less banter here than last season.

For the record I am enjoying the games every bit as much as last season.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
On a positive note, the referees were much better at adjudicating at the break-down at last weeks games.....good for them

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Seems a little light given the ‘confidence’ everyone out Toowong way has in the team but more than we'll need - 12.5 to cover a draw!!

How about a profile pic bet – if BBC win by more than 12.5 you supply the image and I’ll put it on my profile for the rest of the season – if they win by less than 12.5 or heaven forbid lose I’ll supply you an image for you profile??

BAG

I am interested in your bet.
Could you first please confirm there are no new under 14 boys (from Wavell High/Cav rd High) since the trials- other than the number 12.
You be assured that in this game there will be no kicking and plenty of attack from behind the goal line=licence to thrill.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
BBC probably do have the worst draw this year after last week loss to TSS it is going to be tough playing TGS @ TGS and then NC the week after.
NC however with the recent bye and the loss of a key backline player will have had a chance to make changes and test them out against BGS this weekend before taking on BBC the week after.
TSS will be playing GT and IGS where they will need to keep their eye on the game and then into a bye before they play NC (R5) @ TSS.
IMO by the end of round 5 there should be a clear indication of the placings for this years premiership.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
This week:

TSS vs GT (TSS by 10+)
TGS vs BBC (BBC by 10)
BGS vs NC (NC by 15+)
BSHS vs ACGS (ACGS by 10)

More injury news out of BBC.
number 5 Hope (2nd year 1st xv )is out
number 13 Ikatu(Australia A) is out.IMO -he is their best player.
number 2 Farrell(Qld 2) is out.
14 Simpson may be back

So far Riley TSS 13 (Aussie schoolboys & sevens) is my standout player.

My Dear King -time for Ngamanu to cut loose. I think IGS 15 and Riley have outplayed him. Ditto Veravis.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
I don't think that BBC are totally out of it, but the pressure (and eyes) are certainly upon them with the next 3 games; they will be the first of the favoured top teams to learn of their fate this year. Think the backs are very good, possibly the equal of Churchie from last year. They have an equal or greater higher representative honours; however, I think there are some question marks or "holes" if you like, in the forwards. This doesn't allow the backs to get the traction of being on the front foot when required, and therefore it becomes up to individual brilliance to get the points.

Well said sir.
In juries and Lack of depth will come back to haunt them AGAIN

Justmum

Frank Row (1)
I am interested in your bet.
Could you first please confirm there are no new under 14 boys (from Wavell High/Cav rd High) since the trials- other than the number 12.
You be assured that in this game there will be no kicking and plenty of attack from behind the goal line=licence to thrill.

I can assure you there are no new boys except Number 12, and so what if there were. Rest assured, the GT boys will be ready to take on BBC. And stop using trial games as a bench mark for any results, whether it be BBC, GT, Nudgee or Ippy. Just let the boys play and enjoy the game.

Watch out for us mums, our cages are starting to rattle....

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
More injury news out of BBC.
number 5 Hope (2nd year 1st xv )is out
number 13 Ikatu(Australia A) is out.IMO -he is their best player.
number 2 Farrell(Qld 2) is out.
14 Simpson may be back

So far Riley TSS 13 (Aussie schoolboys & sevens) is my standout player.

My Dear King -time for Ngamanu to cut loose. I think IGS 15 and Riley have outplayed him. Ditto Veravis.

from the team that played NZ in Japan
Porter @6 is out
cotton @ 14 is out
5 1st choice players injured.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Fair enough your 'Rugby Maths' makes sense, I was relying more on the fact that the three best second their teams are GT, ACGS and BBC , with GT accounting for Churchie they have a slight advantage. Third place 'should' be decided by the BBC v GT game, but BBC had better be on their game for their match up with Churchie.

GT was a lot more dominate then 24-0 on the weekend - should have scored another 3-4 from what I saw - not a lot on intensity in the game after GT scored early points.

What odds you giving for a GT double in the 13a's and 14a's V BBC - should be pretty healthy given your maths???

Don't know that GT and BBC will be a 3rd placed game

TSS will be in the mix . Good Team and capable of beating GT on the day

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
I can assure you there are no new boys except Number 12, and so what if there were. Rest assured, the GT boys will be ready to take on BBC. And stop using trial games as a bench mark for any results, whether it be BBC, GT, Nudgee or Ippy. Just let the boys play and enjoy the game.

Watch out for us mums, our cages are starting to rattle..

Sorry Just Mum .
I did not know I was breaching thread protocol in referring to trials.It will not happen again.Forgive me because I am confused- there seems to be more new centres running out for GT this year than a Westfield/Lowry planning meeting.Those 2 in under 12(who are taken off after scoring 3 tries each week) ,and the new ones in under 14 & 15 are really good.
Well done TB & GT.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Sorry Just Mum .
I did not know I was breaching thread protocol in referring to trials.It will not happen again.Forgive me because I am confused- there seems to be more new centres running out for GT this year than a Westfield/Lowry planning meeting.Those 2 in under 12(who are taken off after scoring 3 tries each week) ,and the new ones in under 14 & 15 are really good.
Well done TB & GT.

The 14's at GT have one new boy - playing 13 not 12, but have made a few positional changes with a couple of B players from last year moving up - although they did play some games in A's last year.

They are a much improved side form last year.

So the bet is on?? 12.5 points start Shall we share the images prior to the game - I have a number I am choosing between.

BTW the new 13 in the 14's and 13 in the 12's are brothers - only counts as one new recruit in my book ;-)

BAG

Status
Not open for further replies.