• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe #1 - AUS v NZL, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, August 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Our front row is pretty tough, so is Simmons and Skelton is getting better. They are more than mediocre. I just think our tight five lacks being able to play with mongrel week in and week out. Has done since the early 2000's.

The All Blecks will bring it every week and are the benchmark.

Cheiks instills it in his teams, I am really looking forwards to seeing it develop in the Wobs.

Indeed
The Wallabies haven't had a locking pair that has bested their All Black counterparts since Horwill and Vickerman at Suncorp in 2011.

The matchup is favourable for the All Blacks regardless who plays. I definitely think that Skelton provides that point of difference that gives us a chance to assert some dominance in the area. As RugbyReg pointed out on his '5 things we learned from the Puma test' piece on the front page, Skelton is our enforcer and we dearly need it. All the best Wallaby teams have had someone providing that.
If he can increase the real hardness in place of the petty niggle he'll be formidable.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
He only hits blokes wearing Red doesn't he? We just need to have another captain when we play Wales unless he can hit the red wearing blokes when the Refs aren't looking.

We could shine red lasers at the chests of blokes we want him to hit.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I think Michael Hooper's loss of control adn smacking the Argentine player in the side of the head vindicates the selection of Moore as captain. (and also Pocock is better)

You obviously didn't watch Stephen Moore in action for the Brumbies v Reds at Suncorp a year or so back?:confused:

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'm amazed that all the usual types have missed the one big possibility in this game.

The man who was left out of the initial squad, but always rumoured to be back for the Bledisloe. The bloke who has been flying under the radar for the last month. The bloke who would be tailor-made to take the suspended Michael Hooper's spot on the bench and unleash 30 minutes of the most intense, awe-inspiring rugby any man has seen...

George.

Muthafukking.

Smith.

It's happening people. Clear your schedules for August. This one's going to take a month to get over.
antonio banderas.gif

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I'm a bit wary of starting Sio. That first scrum against Argentina legal or not worries me a bit.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
I'm amazed that all the usual types have missed the one big possibility in this game.

The man who was left out of the initial squad, but always rumoured to be back for the Bledisloe. The bloke who has been flying under the radar for the last month. The bloke who would be tailor-made to take the suspended Michael Hooper's spot on the bench and unleash 30 minutes of the most intense, awe-inspiring rugby any man has seen...

George.

Muthafukking.

Smith.

It's happening people. Clear your schedules for August. This one's going to take a month to get over.

randy_marsh_ectoplasm.jpg

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Well if we going to see if Smith's still got it, Hooper being sidelined is the perfect time to see if the Kings still got it.

G

galumay

That's interesting.. wonder what for? New angles? Sanchez testimony?

I dont think they would have any need for testimony from Sanchez, not sure they bother with that - too many players would just deny anything happened.

Hard to think they would need to delay for new angles, presumably they would all be available basically immediatley - not like they have to be posted by snail mail!

I suspect its a logistical issue with getting the tribunal together.

Status
Not open for further replies.