• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I won't take players from rugby at Riverview because Aussie Rules has been played there for a long time. It must impact on rugby at schools which have never played it before - 22-25 boys per age group out of the talent pool. Lewis Roberts-Thompson played 1sts for Shore and maybe also GPS - doubt guys like him would play rugby if there was an AFL option.

its a creeping tide of knock ons and tight shorts, shirt fronting and isolationism that somehow inveigles itself into the hearts and minds of a sickeningly large number of people who see it, particularly mums. That is the risk.
The upside for me, at least, is that they don't play it in heaven.

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
Is there any interest in starting up a weekly preview blog for the three GPS matches every weekend?

It wouldn't have to be too long. 250 words per game would be about right, but with an absolute upper limit of 300 words.

One bloke could write all three, or three write one each and get a "byline".

I would put it together and chuck a few photos in from our "library" but I'd like other people to write the text.

The brevity of them would make them easier to do than match reports, and there is no time pressure either because you can write them at your leisure over a few days to publish on Thursday.

Anybody interested in (a) reading (b) writing such stuff??

Anybody interested in learning to use our WordPress blogging software to collate this material and get the byline for the whole blog? LG will be the teacher.

This could lead to other blogs such as writing on NRC, Waratahs or Wallabies matters - or on any other rugby topic.

Anybody interested??

PS - This post is already 200 words long, so nobody could say that 250 words to preview each match is a big ask.

Interested in A and B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
Anyone interested in leading try scorers - here it is.. obviously colours highlighted on names represents their respective schools
Screen Shot 2015-07-29 at 5.35.18 PM.png

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Wow didn't realise rob Egerton had switched from teaching science at kings to doing the same at newington

Given he won 4 premierships at Kings, he must be the new 'super coach'

How many titles would brother Boyd be able to claim?

Cash

Sydney Middleton (9)
Wow didn't realise rob Egerton had switched from teaching science at kings to doing the same at newington

Given he won 4 premierships at Kings, he must be the new 'super coach'

How many titles would brother Boyd be able to claim?

He worked a bit of magic with Grammar too, the 35-33 win over Shore on the hooter in 2009 would be up there with one of the most memorable fixtures in SGS rugby history.

Oh, and of course he managed the Wallabies the year we won the Tri Nations. But that's obviously of lesser significance.

DragonMan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Not surprising to see Cameron Murray at the top. However I'm predicting Wright be #1 by the season's end, seeing as much of Joeys' firepower is tunnelled through him.
When did Cameron Murray start at New? Just wondering why he wasn't hyped up as much as Pirrodi or Tyrone as he was coming through the ranks.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
He probably hasn't attracted much attention/hype possibly due to his connection with the Dark Side, making him unavailable for selection for representative rugby teams.

RoyRanley

Bob McCowan (2)
Murray has been at New since year 8, always played down in his own age group as a stand out, league came first over union rep teams and fairly so

theman123

Peter Burge (5)
When did Cameron Murray start at New? Just wondering why he wasn't hyped up as much as Pirrodi or Tyrone as he was coming through the ranks
Start year10 and play first xv last year didn't shine must but this year his improving so much.
He always play in his own age until last year he made the first in round 3 or 4.

hyped around Tyrone he always play up his age group and dominate aswell,Same case with Tom.

theman123

Peter Burge (5)
My prediction for the premiership 2015
1 New and Scott's join premier
2 Joey
3 view
4 king
5 shore

I dont see Joey beating Scott and new again!!!

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Joeys v Shore: Joeys keen to stay in touch with the leaders and back home should have too much strike power for a gallant Shore: J by 25

Scots v Kings: Scots to again apply pressure through early points that Kings will find difficult to redress: S by 20

Riverview v Newington: It's Riverview's turn to try to bring Newington's unbeaten streak to an end and I'm predicting that they'll do it: R by 2

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Ive only seen View.
If New are as good as people are saying they'll put the same score on them as Scots.
sorry.

Fair call & New undoubtedly deserve favouritism based on their deeds thus far.

Apart from my View rose tinted specs my opinion is based on View leading New into the 2nd half of their trial game before leaking 19 unanswered points. View's defence has continued to wax & wane sometimes early and sometimes late in the contest but if they can solidify they have the points in them to cause the upset.

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
Fair call & New undoubtedly deserve favouritism based on their deeds thus far.

Apart from my View rose tinted specs my opinion is based on View leading New into the 2nd half of their trial game before leaking 19 unanswered points. View's defence has continued to wax & wane sometimes early and sometimes late in the contest but if they can solidify they have the points in them to cause the upset.

100% agree. New got dominated in first half by Riverview in trial and Views prized schoolboy Jack McGregor wasn't playing either.

Nateellis

Stan Wickham (3)
100% agree. New got dominated in first half by Riverview in trial and Views prized schoolboy Jack McGregor wasn't playing either.

With this fabled Cameroon Murray bloke on the pitch Mcgreger might struggle depending on which forward pack dominates

nateeliis be with you and also with you

Status
Not open for further replies.