• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe #1 - AUS v NZL, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, August 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It seems like it can only be a bad thing that Hooper's hearing has been adjourned after a lengthy period of time.

I'm now predicting that he'll get at least two weeks.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
It seems like it can only be a bad thing that Hooper's hearing has been adjourned after a lengthy period of time.

I'm now predicting that he'll get at least two weeks.
Last time a delay like this happened it was just to work out how many games to suspend Speight for wasn't it? The tribunal wanted to work out which games he could play in the next couple of weeks.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
SANZAR Head Adjudicator issues stern "no comment" on Hooper case.

--NZ Herald--

The SANZAR Head Adjudicator (pictured below) has issued a stern "no comment" on the impending sentencing of Australian rugby player Michael Hooper. "Oooh no, not really at liberty to comment on that one I'm afraid."

ghenry.jpg

"No comment."
-Unnamed SANZAR Head Adjudicator.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Last time a delay like this happened it was just to work out how many games to suspend Speight for wasn't it? The tribunal wanted to work out which games he could play in the next couple of weeks.

I think they probably could have put their heads together and figured that one out.
Are they from SA? Maybe not.....

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I'm hearing there aren't great expectations.

I for one am totally mystified as to how a simple incident that lasts mere seconds and for which there is extensive video to examine over and over again in slo-mo and with magnifiers can possibly lead to a hearing that lasts so long or is so complex that it requires - incredulously - an adjournment for even more time to think and consider.

The only possible positive could be like a recent, similar hearing where the adjudicating powers needed formal confirmation that Hooper would realistically be considered for play this Saturday and so in that event such would count as one week of some final suspension penalty.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Awesome article looking at strengths of Aussie scrum and weaknesses of NZs

http://www.the42.ie/new-zealand-scrum-analysis-south-africa-2239798-Jul2015/

I'll quote myself from another thread replying to that one.

NZ: Scrums on own feed 10-0 (100%). The scrum was never under pressure when Smith put it in. The hook always goes STRAIGHT to the back. Clean ball all day.

I probably can't remember a game where we didn't give up 1 or 2 penalties to the Bok scrum. We'll prob give 1 or 2 to Australia as well. Not worried even in the slightest.

Similar note: Lineouts on own throw 10-0 (100%).
South Africa lost 3. AB's are okay.
^^^Also, I read somewhere that dear old Hooper isn't actually eligible for Shute Shield because he hasn't played enough (presumably 0) games for them. Hope he does get 2 weeks, seeing Smith back in action would be epic.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Provided he has maintained registration with the Manly Marlins for two continuous years, Micheal Hooper does not have to play any matches for them to be eligible for the Shute Shield finals series.

Rule 33.2(b) for those interested.

No guarantee he was going to be selected for the Wobs either. There is a fair bit of man-love of Pocock on the forum. He might as well have a lash at trying to run around The Village Green for the MMM.

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
Sanchez's thought process when defending Tomane's try.

Here comes Folau returning my shitful kick, what will I do?

1) Track sideways to keep a 3 on 3 defensive play.

2) Change direction and run into one of their players then dive like a soccer player and try and milk a penalty.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
I for one am totally mystified as to how a simple incident that lasts mere seconds and for which there is extensive video to examine over and over again in slo-mo and with magnifiers can possibly lead to a hearing that lasts so long or is so complex that it requires - incredulously - an adjournment for even more time to think and consider.

Never met a Barrister before RH :)

A legal case is usually not what it seems on the surface.

I think he is done for a couple. The most interesting thing now is the Manly story.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I'll quote myself from another thread replying to that one.

^^^Also, I read somewhere that dear old Hooper isn't actually eligible for Shute Shield because he hasn't played enough (presumably 0) games for them. Hope he does get 2 weeks, seeing Smith back in action would be epic.

Yep....thought the same thing.

What amazes me about the article is that it totally ignores that the Wallaby scrum got well and truly smashed for nigh on 50min of each game against the same opponents the ABs either held their own against (mostly) or got the upper-hand on.

But it's a weakness the Wallabies can exploit?!

Status
Not open for further replies.