• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe #1 - AUS v NZL, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, August 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
The adjudicator is a Kiwi. How on earth is he suppose to be impartial.

There would need to be a little more than "you're kiwi" to make an apprehended bias claim to get the adjudicator removed.

Anyway if the mail is right the ruling won't have any impact on the Bledisloe just on poor Manly...... :)

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
it was clearly more than finding out if Hooper was eligible to play for Manly, they've been going over an hour already.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I was scratching my head too. I guess we'll hear more but it sounds like maybe he was slapped on the wrist for retaliation or something and that it's to act as a warning. A kind of suspended sentence.

Disclaimer - I'm purely speculating, it maybe nothing at all like that.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Disgraceful the bloke was charged in the first place.

Disgraceful if one week ban

AND disgraceful that if that is the case he can serve that out in a Shute match

G

galumay

The adjudicator is a Kiwi. How on earth is he suppose to be impartial.

Is that a serious question? The conspiracy theories and implicit suggestions of cheating by officials is geting a little tedious.

Because he is a Kiwi he is going to cheat and suspend Hooper? Is that your line of 'thought'?

Fireworks

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Is that a serious question? The conspiracy theories and implicit suggestions of cheating by officials is geting a little tedious.

Because he is a Kiwi he is going to cheat and suspend Hooper? Is that your line of 'thought'?
Never suggested he would cheat. I was just questioning whether he's the most suitable person to decide this case given that there's an important game next week and given that he so happens to come from NZ. But you're right, we should have faith that this won't taint the impartiality of his decision-making.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I'm really supirsed with some posts here saying it was nothing and that Sanchez played it up.

That was a fucking hard hit. I thought it deserved suspension, and I'm as one eyed as it gets.

But the fact he essentially gets off due to Manly, is a joke.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)

Not that I believe for a moment in the conspiracy theories, but arguments about biased officials are more subtle than that. The argument is that they'll see things differently because of their situation, not that they'll intentionally cheat.

It's the same argument about hometown referees. It's inconceivable that a senior ref would intentionally cheat, but we often see them apparently infuenced by externalities.

We see the same bias in action when fans honestly believe that all the variable decisions in a game go against their team.

Also, Kiwis generally cheat.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
So where is the consistency with J. Du Plesis "push" to the back of Weeks head. IIRC he was even cited.

The judicial process is an absolute joke, but then most of them are in my experience.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)

There's another option too for the conspiracy theorists. Maybe he went too lenient on Hooper so as to not appear to be partial in any way.....

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Push? Really? That's what that was in your eyes?

That was a full blown swing. That had the potential to knock him out cold.
We must be looking at different incidents.

Many rugby types scoff at AFL - where a push in the back is a free kick and that's it.

Complete joke that this matter was even looked at by the Citing Commissioner, let alone cited, let alone suspended.

Status
Not open for further replies.