• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
2016 is a bit premature for Thor, look towards 2017..
No need to rush him with a good crop of young props on the Reds books anyway.

The way I look at the big fella is he is the replacement for Holmes when the time comes. He has a couple more years in him and that times well with Thor's development. In the current Reds set piece environment where the coaching and senior players are quality, Thor should be an absolute weapon with his frame but more importantly properly developed technique.

D

daz

Actually, speaking of which, I opened an account with Rabo the other week. Couple of days later they sent me an express package chock full of Rebels gear..

Two things spring to mind:

1. Cheeky bastards, they're trying to convert me using the off cuts from last season!
2. You mob down South better start buying up your Rebels merchandise, so they can't offload the leftovers up here.

As a supporter of your club's major sponsor, shouldn't you have opened an account with St George instead? I hear that they express post an application for the Reds HC position to all new account holders.

:p

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Hopefully RG will be gone.

Does that mean Knuckles goes as well. He was engaged to 'oversee" RG.

A quality HC may not desire or need his services....

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Just read that Anae has signed for the Brums.... hope they can get the best out of him. A real powerhouse. Should be starting to come into his peak around about now.

D

daz

A quality HC may not desire or need his services..

Or conversely, Knuckles may be needed even more, to provide guidance and mentorship should the Reds go with a young-ish coach with no previous Super Rugby HC experience.

RedRocket

Bob McCowan (2)
Fingers crossed for some good news tonight. Hopefully it all unfolds and we can start moving ahead with some level of certainty.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)

A quality HC may not desire or need his services..

Pretty sure it's already been announced that Knuckles won't be retained in 2016.

So he's either taught RG all that he knows or that RG won't be there and the new coach won't need a coaching consultant.

EDIT: Found it. It hasn't been 'announced' but was mentioned on p87 of this thread.

Some bad news coming out of Ballymore, John Connolly reportedly 'let go' by the QRU.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
hearing Knuckles is going. Likely scenario is that new HC doesn't want him/

Also says to me that if RG (The Destroyer) was going to be reappointed Knuckles would remain.

I've already cracked a bottle of RED

Rugger Mate

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hearing Bryce Hegarty will be a new announcement for the Reds, and before anyone mentions he is going to Japan , well money is he will be back for super rugby , like a few others have done before. Will near be the no 1 flyhalf on the current books if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.