• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
They've done it that way. One week suspension, which means he will 'unfortunately miss the manly game in this weeks Shute shield semi finals' and be right for the bledisloe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good but surprising news for Hooper and the Wallabies.
Plus Kurtley Beale is supposedly available to play for the Wicks :)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Player Points for Uni Second Grade as named:
1 Point: 1. Alexander Batho, 2. Stewart Nutt, 3. Alastair Ryan, 4. Byron Hodge, 6. Tom Shaw, 7. Benn Melrose, 8, Samuel Quinn, 9. Jock Merriman, 10. Jack Macklin, 11. Mark O'Dare, 12. James Swan, 13. Christopher Ingate, 14. Oliver L'Estrange
2 Points: 15. Chris Chapman
10 Points: 5. Matthew Philip

Total = 25 points.

Paddy Ryan @ 16 Points could be a Fresh Reserve for their 2's. Total Points then = 41, leaving a further 19 points for more Fresh Reserves.
He could be injured because even counting all their Round 18 reserves as fresh, they only had 45 player points. They could have played him without breaching the points cap.

Player Points for The Gallopers 1st Grade:
1 Point: 4. Jock Armstrong, 11. Jack Pennington, 13. Brogan Roods
2 Points: 2. Peter Nau, 6. Sam Figg
4 Points: 1. Toa Asa, 3. Dashville Kuate
5 Points: 5. Ned Hanigan, 9. Mitch Short, 10. Andrew Deegan
6 points: 8, Stephen Hoiles, 14. Henry Hutchinson
7 Points: 7. Mark Baldwin
9 Points: 15. Andrew Kellaway
14 Points: 12. David Horwitz

Total = 72 points. This leaves 28 points for some of their Waratah/Wallaby players to make a special guest appearance as a Fresh Reserve without breaching their Player Points Cap of 100.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Quarter Finals Tips

Manly (1) vs Randwick (6). It's Nomad Beer vs Jeff Sayle Ale (cheap and nasty DB beer from NZ with a picture of Jeff on the tap). Guess who will win the battle of the Beers? Shoule be the same with the rugger. MMM should win this easily, even though SANZAR have handicapped their chances by trumping up a striking charge against one of the Hooper Bros. MMM march on, while the Randi-Wix should have their Mad Monday plans well advanced.

Eastwood (2) vs Warringah (5). Probably the most exciting matchup, and the only one not on the TV. Gotta head off to Vimiera Road and donate some drinking tokens to the North Ryde RSL if you want to see this game. Woodies should be too good, but I've noticed that the Rats form has followed a good, bad, good, bad pattern. Tomorrow the Rats are due for a good performance, so I'm going to ride the vibe and tip a Rats upset. As Highest Ranked Loser, the Woodies will be back next week to put the choke hold on MMM.

Southern Districts (3) vs Sydney University (4). After surrendering to the Pirates last week without Ben Vol au Vent, I can see The Corporation Waratahs A coming away with some chocolates from Sylvania Waters. Having sent a bus to Moore Park to pick up all the Tahs not in the Wallabies squad, the New Blokes at BuildCorp should have learned the lineout calls, starter plays and structures, as well as the first name of the rest of their team by now, and are "on the up". If the Rats upset the Woodies, then it is "Hello Northies" for the Hobbits for their Mad Monday.

Hugh's Bold Semi Final Prediction
MMM vs Woodies
Rats vs Waratahs A

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Is it confirmed yet? Got asked by a son's mate today who got the news from a betting site.

According to a Tweet on the Wicks website he's on the bench.
We probably won't know for sure until the players head out for the warmup about 2:30pm tomorrow.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
According to Nigel Hampton "..... I was also advised that other players were being made available to their clubs which I accepted."

So that's Kurtley & who else?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Quade Cooper made himself available to play for his club (Souths) Brisbane but the Coach decided to stick with established combinations.

Oh and in case you missed the TV Game, KB (Kurtley Beale) was not on the bench for the Wicks, he was the run on #12 for the Randi-Wix.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Quarter Finals Results

Manly Oval - Saturday 1 August
Manly 33 Randwick 21 (First Grade)
Manly 37 West Harbour 22 (Second Grade)
Sydney University 29 Randwick 21 (Third Grade)
Sydney University 24 Southern Districts 27 (Fourth Grade)

TG Millner Field- Saturday 1 August
Eastwood 23 Warringah 10 (First Grade)
Eastwood 32 Warringah 24 (Second Grade)
Eastwood 32 Warringah 15 (Third Grade)
Eastwood 3 Eastern Suburbs 12 (Fourth Grade)

To come
Forshaw Rugby Park - Sunday 2 August
2:40 pm - Southern Districts (3) vs Sydney University (4) - First Grade (Televised Live on 7Two)
12:55 pm - Randwick (3) vs Sydney University (4) - Second Grade
11:20 am - Eastern Suburbs (3) vs Northern Suburbs (4) - Third Grade
9:55 am - Manly (3) vs Northern Suburbs (4) - Fourth Grade

Next Week's Semi Finals
First Grade
Manly vs Loser of [Southern Districts (3) v Sydney University (4)]
Eastwood vs Winner of [Southern Districts (3) v Sydney University (4)]

Second Grade
Manly vs Loser of [Randwick (3) vs Sydney University (4)]
Eastwood vs winner of [Randwick (3) vs Sydney University (4)]

Third Grade
Eastwood vs loser of [Eastern Suburbs (3) vs Northern Suburbs (4)]
Sydney University vs winner of [Eastern Suburbs (3) vs Northern Suburbs (4)]

Fourth Grade
Winner of [ Manly (3) vs Northern Suburbs (4) ] vs Sydney University
Eastern Suburbs vs Southern Districts

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Victory for the Marlins. Beale played most of the game for Randwick - went off with about 5 to go. Did some good things in attack.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
How many times did Randwick pass the ball to Neville on the last pass. Left quite a few tries out there. Ref was very keen to award Manly those pilfers and I thought they sealed off quite a few times. Manly deserved it in the end however.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
How many times did Randwick pass the ball to Neville on the last pass. Left quite a few tries out there. Ref was very keen to award Manly those pilfers and I thought they sealed off quite a few times. Manly deserved it in the end however.

It was frustrating at times watching the Wicks fail to finish off some good play. But all credit to Manly. They executed better and earned that win.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So.. Souths vs Uni tomorrow is pointless. One could say both would want to lose and face Manly rather than Eastwood.

Marlin Boy

Bob McCowan (2)
Crikey there are some anti Marlin members on G & G.
I though the breakdown was officiated poorly and Manly had just as much to argue with some decisions.
Understand the side has a good case of the hiccups in next weeks fixture but I think the side is more relaxed and have a quality 9/10 steering the ship.
It was a good game today - tight & niggly.
Bring on next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.