• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe #1 - AUS v NZL, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, August 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
If he wasn't in this squad there's no way he makes the RWC squad
I think his in the returning from injury pile, Having back surgery and only recently returning to training I think his got a while to go.. and there ain't the games to get him involved.. Bit like Sam Carter, I would love to see him back but with only the USA game to go after he returns I think the world cups pasted him.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
If he wasn't in this squad there's no way he makes the RWC squad

Well I'd say much depends on how the next two matches go. If the likes of Skelton, Horwill and Mumm get outclassed by the All Blacks, I guarantee Cheika will be looking at Douglas. He clearly rates him.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Well I'd say much depends on how the next two matches go. If the likes of Skelton, Horwill and Mumm get outclassed by the All Blacks, I guarantee Cheika will be looking at Douglas. He clearly rates him.

Well Judging on the size his put on he put's skelton to shame

Douglas's signing spices up the World Cup selection, with pressure on Dean Mumm and Will Skelton to perform in next week's Bledisloe Test, though the 199kg, 202cm man mountain could yet be included in the Wallabies squad for the August 8 Rugby Championship decider.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Well Judging on the size his put on he put's skelton to shame

Douglas's signing spices up the World Cup selection, with pressure on Dean Mumm and Will Skelton to perform in next week's Bledisloe Test, though the 199kg, 202cm man mountain could yet be included in the Wallabies squad for the August 8 Rugby Championship decider.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/reds/kane-douglas-signs-threeyear-deal-with-queensland-reds-and-aru-20150731-giooes.html#ixzz3hSp2k6zI

Thats a lot of potatoes and Guiness. Lucky bastard.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I would not be ruling out Douglas at this stage...

But yes Horwill and Mumm's form and even Skeltons good last game means urgency to look elsewhere for locks subsided....

Douglas is next in line as far as locks go...Dennis and Arnold not serious contenders imo for RWC place

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Thats a lot of potatoes and Guiness. Lucky bastard.
His planning to pack in the second row by himself like a number 8 but head between the hookers legs.. To be honest his just going to take out the whole back 5.. then we can pick an extra 4 backs...

T

Train Without a Station

I would not be ruling out Douglas at this stage.

But yes Horwill and Mumm's form and even Skeltons good last game means urgency to look elsewhere for locks subsided..

Douglas is next in line as far as locks go.Dennis and Arnold not serious contenders imo for RWC place
Don't see any actual reason to consider him a more serious contender than either of them. The reason you would not select Arnold is fear of him performing as poorly as Douglas has done in the past.

punisher

Bob McCowan (2)
Talking of SANZAR citing, did anyone notice Etzebeth punch Horwill in the 1st RC game?
it happened at 55:22 min mark and there was no citing at all.Punched him in the jaw it looks like.
I have it on IQ but I cant upload it.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Talking of SANZAR citing, did anyone notice Etzebeth punch Horwill in the 1st RC game?
it happened at 55:22 min mark and there was no citing at all.Punched him in the jaw it looks like.

After Horwill charged into his neck area from a cleanout. Fair game from Eben.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Arnold still very raw as only played handful of super rugby games...

Not sure seen evidence that he is contender at this stage in any case

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It is at the start of this clip

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
To my eye, that's not a punch. An open handed slap a la Hooper's except it was to the face rather than the back. And a retaliation argument doesn't cut it either. Hooper's action was in retaliation but he was cited and found guilty of striking.

Status
Not open for further replies.