• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Souths thrive on any mistake but easts don't give too many so should be a very tight battle

I think this point is something which seems to have been emphasized across the entire club this year, hence why they have a few teams competing for Premierships this weekend. I know at GPS, when playing Souths across all teams the focus was always on being error free in our own half to limit their opportunities as they are deadly with turnover ball. I'm not sure whether its something which has been specifically coached all the way through but regardless, kudos to the coaching staff at Souths.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Lachie Turner is en route to Toulon

Lachie to Toulon? I hadn't heard that, is he going for the medical/signing? Good luck to him, he has been great for the Reds, shame he couldn't hang around for the final with Easts but the chance of getting injured was probably too great a risk, and he has had a bad run of injuries.

Interestingly, I notice that Aidan Toua, former Easts and Red, has just signed for the Brumbies for next season after just one year in France.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I hear Aidos won't be the only Tigger heading down to Canberra next year. But this one is from the current group.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I hear Aidos won't be the only Tigger heading down to Canberra next year. But this one is from the current group.
Since you won't give us a full name, reckon you could give a clue?

Has the player been professionally contracted before? Eg: Super Rugby, NRC, ITM?

I'd guess Hagen or Sanday

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Meanwhile.
d5a5de138cd0c10007b1086766bf2d7e.jpg

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Reg being a Wests supporter I don't really care but I think you could have left the post about the Easts coach heading to the Brumbies until after the grand final.

If it's true then I think it would only be right for him to tell his team/club in the grand final aftermath than for it to come out in this forum the day before the grand final.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
In some ways good on them but at the same time disappointing that they aren't providing the avenue for top line players to be active.

More importantly how much of a crowd drawer would Quade be for the match?

I think he's made the right call. The 10 has been there for the whole year & done a great job, why should he sit out for QC (Quade Cooper) who hasn't even attended a training session all year? I think it'd be more disruptive to the team in such an important game. SOuths don't care if he'd put more bums on seats, they care about winning the silverware.
He would be a handy match breaker off the bench though!

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Ballymore should crack 10,000 for tomorrow. Both clubs should turn up in their droves, especially Souths considering they haven't been in a GF for 6 years and haven't won for 15.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I think he's made the right call. The 10 has been there for the whole year & done a great job, why should he sit out for QC (Quade Cooper) who hasn't even attended a training session all year? I think it'd be more disruptive to the team in such an important game. SOuths don't care if he'd put more bums on seats, they care about winning the silverware.
He would be a handy match breaker off the bench though!
Penguin please note as I have pointed out in previous posts, Brett Picone did NOT make the call. The issue never arose. He was not approached to play Quade.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Ballymore should crack 10,000 for tomorrow. Both clubs should turn up in their droves, especially Souths considering they haven't been in a GF for 6 years and haven't won for 15.
If you get >5000 to GF day, then you have shat all over what we get in Sydney for a GF.

Hope you get 10k+. Rugby needs strong grass roots support.

Status
Not open for further replies.