• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I have expressed my misgivings about the whole Camperdown culture elsewhere and often.

I honestly believe that many of their products, or, rather, their acquisitions because they do not produce players themselves, would be far better footballers if they had played at a regular district club, learning from losses, coaching juniors, doing it tough.

A hungry fighter is a good fighter, these blue and gold sooks should go out into the real rugby world.

Works for New Zealand rugby, no shortcuts or silver spoons over there!

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
I have expressed my misgivings about the whole Camperdown culture elsewhere and often.

I honestly believe that many of their products, or, rather, their acquisitions because they do not produce players themselves, would be far better footballers if they had played at a regular district club, learning from losses, coaching juniors, doing it tough.

A hungry fighter is a good fighter, these blue and gold sooks should go out into the real rugby world.

Well said Wamberal!
I also believe the age of entitlement should be curtailed for these rock stars coming out of school and straight into grade, in some cases straight into 1st grade. I'd like to see all school leavers have to play at least one year in colts before they are allowed to play grade to understand they are not god's gift to rugby and positions have to be earned and / or there should be a minimum age restriction on 1st grade. But maybe I'm old fashioned :confused:

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
New Zealand rugby is a bit old-fashioned, from what I can see. Every single player has to earn his place in the team. Nobody has a right to any position in any team at any level, every player has to earn the right every single week of the pre-season and season.

Seems to work for them.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
It was interesting watching the 4th grade teams warm up yesterday. Uni were out (together) about 45 minutes before kick off, all dressed identically, and their warm up was very regimented and enthusiastic. They looked like a well organised team with a common purpose. Souths straggled out like brown's cows quite a bit later in a variety of outfits and stood around passing the balls and chatting for some time before any purpose came into their work. Once they got on the field though I thought Souths dominated Uni in every aspect of the game and thoroughly deserved the win. The closeness of the score flattered Uni somewhat. I guess the message is that while preparation is undoubtedly important it's what happens on the paddock on the day that decides the game.

Had a bit of a laugh when I saw sam latunipulu and Micah watene listed in 4th grade, definitely would have helped with the upset win

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
The point I made a few days ago about the loop hole in the player points system regarding so called non-fresh reserves was demonstrated again today by Uni. Paddy Ryan apparently played a "few minutes" in 2nd grade which meant his player points weren't counted when he came on in 1st grade. Needs to be addressed.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

And I call bull shit, some kid who has been in at Joey's for 6 years doesn't have any real links with some local club.

Just because uni has a decent program don't bemoan their success try to replicate it

Typos by SwiftKey, errors in tone by me

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
And I call bull shit, some kid who has been in at Joey's for 6 years doesn't have any real links with some local club.

Just because uni has a decent program don't bemoan their success try to replicate it

Call what you like. Usually you talk sense.

Do you support district rugby, by the way?

sidelinesid

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The point I made a few days ago about the loop hole in the player points system regarding so called non-fresh reserves was demonstrated again today by Uni. Paddy Ryan apparently played a "few minutes" in 2nd grade which meant his player points weren't counted when he came on in 1st grade. Needs to be addressed.

Thought young Alex Isophea held up well against him for the most part

southsider

Arch Winning (36)

I call bullshit on you, ever been to a GPS private school? Any half decent rugby player has some type of link with a local club....what utter rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.