• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

National Rugby Championship 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Who excited about the NRC?
I think some of the squads are announced tomorrow?

Who's the players to watch for NRC 2016?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
At least the Rams won't have Souths vs Eastwood in the Shute Shield GF again the week before the comp starts. Really ruined the start of their season last year, after the first 2 games they were the 2nd best team in the comp, went the closest to knocking off the Rising. Beat Perth and Brisbane.

However Steve Mafi and Ben Volavola will be massive losses. Pat Sio too.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Volavola is
At least the Rams won't have Souths vs Eastwood in the Shute Shield GF again the week before the comp starts. Really ruined the start of their season last year, after the first 2 games they were the 2nd best team in the comp, went the closest to knocking off the Rising. Beat Perth and Brisbane.

However Steve Mafi and Ben Volavola will be massive losses. Pat Sio too.

Volavola is probably the biggest loss. It severely limits our playmaker depth.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Squads have been a major disappointment to me. Little attempt to even out the competition. Should see all 4 NSW sides finish bottom 4. The big 4 are on another tier. Not good for the competition.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Yeah it's not bad, targeting the family aspect, but I sill like the action type ad's.

from a marketing perspective its weird both the players and fans have jumpers on half the time either fully or partially covering their jerseys

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Squads have been a major disappointment to me. Little attempt to even out the competition. Should see all 4 NSW sides finish bottom 4. The big 4 are on another tier. Not good for the competition.
Just give in and go for the Rising. That's what I do. It's the best thing for Aus rugby and their power game is the most attractive anyway. I don't think anyone around Australia is going to shed a tear for the NSW teams who had the gall to think they could compete with Super Rugby A teams.

After all the talk on an article on the Roar earlier this year where McKay interviewed the guy in charge of running the NRC of the ARU working to make the NSW teams more competitive they look worse than last year. But... Most of the problem is that the Tahs have let go half their squad and they're not sticking around. The other problem, the Rays in this instance, is that so many quality club players got contracts overseas too.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's not the NSW clubs fault. The fault is not having a minimum requirement of Super Rughy players rather than a maximum.

Wendell

Stan Wickham (3)
The problem is there are 4 Sydney teams. At least 1 too many. The SS does not have the talent to fill 4 teams. Reduce the comp to 8 teams. No need for a bye and the talent is not spread so thinly.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Or make more Brumbies into NSW Country and make a South Australian side with a handful of Force and Rebels Super Rugby players. Yeah yeah I know relocating players and all that but players are sometimes willing to play elsewhere like Alcock from the Force.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Would most prefer just 2 NSW teams run by Watatahs just like in Qld. Then take excess players from Perth, Melbourne, and Canberra and make an Adelaide team.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Why does it matter whether the teams are from NSW? There's 9 teams, spread the talent evenly.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Brisbane City should win it blindfolded. I was shocked to see Reg's potential lineup on Twitter today.

15. Hunt
14. JOC (James O'Connor)
13. White
12. Kerevi
11. Kurindrani
10. Macintyre
9. Frisby
8. Higgers
7. Gill
6. Korczyk
5. Neville
4. Hyne/Moore