• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe #1 - AUS v NZL, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, August 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Read an article this morning with comments from Larkham. By all accounts he's ready to go. I'm not a doctor but if the team medical staff have given him the all clear that's good enough for me.

I know a lot of people are talking about the fact that we should be looking ahead to the RWC, but this might as well be our final. If we can't beat the All Blacks at home its hard to see us winning the World Cup.

To be honest if I had to choose between winning the world cup and regaining the Bledisloe, it's almost line ball. Yes the world cup win would be special, but if we could win the Bledisloe I'd have a smile on my face regardless of the result at the world cup.

Fireworks

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Rob Simmons ruled out of the next two tests (Scaphoid); will undergo surgery tomorrow.

Issue then becomes: Mumm or Horwill? I'd go with the latter.

Brendan Hume

Charlie Fox (21)
Set to be a big test for the Wallabies set piece with Simmons out. Has been excellent at line out time and seems to be holding up the scrum quite well.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Hmmmmm Simmions gone, guess give's Horwill his shot.. He better make it a good'un or could cost him his World Cup spot.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Yep, would have to agree that Horwill would be my pick to replace Simmons. Who else is going to be able to give away as penalties as Simmo?

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
This may have already been canvassed, but what happens if the scores are equal after 80 mins?!

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
the kiwis depth at halfback pisses me off, having Smith, Perenara, Kerr-Barlow, Pulu, Weber and Cowan, all up to international standard is ridiculous

I disagree. Smith and Perenara are top class, TKB is good but Pulu, Weber and Cowan are average. Phipps is better than them IMO. (Them are TKB, Pulu, Weber and Cowan)

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
This may have already been canvassed, but what happens if the scores are equal after 80 mins?!

See the 2013 All Blacks/Ireland test for further details.....

I'm not really sure we have proven recently that home games equates to an advantage for us.

You have a far better chance of winning a three test series with any configuration of home/away matches than you do of a two test series, with an Eden Park game. Far better Wallaby teams have lost to far worse All Black teams in Auckland.

D

daz

You have a far better chance of winning a three test series with any configuration of home/away matches than you do of a two test series, with an Eden Park game. Far better Wallaby teams have lost to far worse All Black teams in Auckland.

I know what you are saying, but it's a moot point. We have had an infinate configuration of game locations over the last 14 years, and not one of them has resulted in the Bled being secured in the ARU cabinet.

I'll take a 2 Test series flutter right now, as 3 games just gives the Kiwi's another chance to smash us, no matter where the game is played.

Status
Not open for further replies.