• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney juniors v NSW Country Juniors - 2 Aug 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Thanks Konbar. Funny how selections work out - only 2 boys from the undefeated Blacktown team and 6 from Hunters Hill. I'm not suggesting any of them are not deserved as I think they are, just suggests that form in one arena does not always translate.

Have heard that David Tejcek, Syd 9, has broken his thumb and may not be able to take part at the U16 invitationals in Sept. If so, I wish him a speedy recovery as he has been playing great footy. Just as well they also selected the Country 9.

Tractor

Bob McCowan (2)
For mine this is one of the best rugby stories I've noted this year....
Maclean Dombkins.
First, he missed Sydney selection altogether.
Then hooker Kyle Devine pulls out due to a conflict as he is also selected in the NSW Schools 16s.
The Sydney guys overlook Dombkins again, in favour of Will Bremner.
Poor Will gets concussed, is forced out of the Sydney v Country game.
Finally Dombkins is brought in as the reserve hooker and starts on the bench.
Gets some game time, and earns selection in the NSW Under 15s !
The sheer, unadulterated JOY that overtook him, and the smile on his face when announced, was priceless !!
Congratulations Maclean !

rugbyking2

Allen Oxlade (6)
What are everyone's thoughts on the NSW invitational? I was out there last year and thought it was a good day of rugby, yet others seem to disagree. I know it was effectively a cost cutting measure but I still believe it provides players with high level rep opportunity as well as a recognition of their play throughout the year. However one blight on what I thought was a good program is the selection of teams from a single age group when SJRU and NSW schools fight over the one player.

Status
Not open for further replies.