• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Gold Brigade

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Gold Brigade

The Gold Brigade is a grass roots not for profit Wallabies fan group. Born out of a desire to support our Wallabies win, lose or fall! We are a group of die hard rugby fans and do this for the love of rugby...This is a call to arms.
We want YOU to join the #GOLDMINE
ImageProxy.mvc

Key Dates for the Gold Brigade
11th June 2015: Tickets go on sale to the general public via Ticketek. Links will be provided on GB facebook page and website to access tickets.

18th July 2015: Wallabies vs Springboks at Suncorp

8th August 2015: Wallabies vs All Blacks at ANZ
For more information:
www.goldbrigade.com.au OR www.facebook.com/TheGoldBrigade

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Think I might drum up a crew for this. Will there be a Gold Brigade area to drink beer prior to the game?
Lets make this big gang

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Think I might drum up a crew for this. Will there be a Gold Brigade area to drink beer prior to the game?
Lets make this big gang

Last year in Sydney there was a thing on at the Rugby Club all afternoon leading up to it. $10 jugs of Tooheys New & Carlton Draught and I had plenty of them. The Shirts were a bit supersized though so I'd advise to BYO your own Gold.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Fire up Brigadiers. There is a test on this weekend, apparently.

WTF is happening?

I'm expecting to hear several hundred Pf* on the awesometer coming out of the Gold Brigade section of the crowd, and it has to be spontaneously generated Pfs as well not ones lead by the clown on the PA yelling "WE ... ... ... ARE ... ... ... GOLD" or some other naff chant as they are want to do at Lang Park.

What are the details of the pre-pre-game warm up and how about a Captain's Run on Friday evening? Awesomeness should to be planned, and a Captain's Run at a suitable location on Friday night is a suitable vehicle to finalise the Brigade's game plans and overall strategy.

I've had the gyroscopes tinkered with and the driveshaft lengthened - after recalibration the ratio is:
1Pf : 17.3A
Where
Pf = Pfitzy
A = Average rugby supporter
<snip>

Train

Frank Row (1)
Should be a good arvo... they're opening the Gold Brigade bar early at ANZ to meet up with the end of the World Record attempt.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Anyone got the inside word on what the plans are for the England Tests?

Gold Brigade website seems to have been down for the last week or so.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Train

Frank Row (1)
Hey Tangawizi. The website has been brushed, and the plan is to use the Facebook page to drive all the activity. www.facebook.com/thegoldbrigade

Details for the upcoming England Tests will hopefully be finalised and up on the page by Thursday.

A rough plan is as follows:
- Brisbane Test: Pregame at the Paddo Tavern from 5pm. All head up to Stadium at 7pm. Go bananas. Head back to Paddo after.

- Melbourne Test: Pregame at pub TBC from 5pm. Walk to AAMI Park as a big group.

- Sydney Test: Pregame at Allianz Stadium from 5pm. We'll have our own area to get warmed up in. They'll have a big screen and bar open there to watch the Test beforehand.

There's a few other little incentives to make joining the Gold Brigade the only way to do it!

We'll have collection of merch at the pubs, but the majority of it will be at the stadiums, so need to allow time for that prior to the game.

In the mean time, stay tuned to the Facebook page for upcoming details.

Cheers,
Swainy

forwards4ever

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I thought that the Gold Brigade was meant to be full of passionate fans who gave huge vocal support to the Wallabies. That being said I was SO disappointed to be sitting just behind and the left of the Gold Brigade on Saturday night. There was little or no support from them. Almost silent. I know there was little to cheer, but isn't that their reason to be!! They not only didn't cheer they left in their droves more that 20 minutes out! A major disappointment as our main cheering body!

Train

Frank Row (1)
forwards4ever - I totally agree with you. It was painful to watch on Saturday night, and the GB weren't at their vibrant best... It was a disappointing night all round. However, at this point the Gold Brigade are still building slowly and it needs a core group of people at the centre of it to rile the crowd up. It needs a few people to get a couple of songs going and then everyone will join in. A couple of subbies teams to get together and bust out their team song, or give us a rendition of Waltzing Matilda.
On Saturday night I yelled myself hoarse, and got little or no support... a few laughs here and there at best.
That's why I'd encourage you, rather than sit outside the GB and tell us we aren't doing our job, to come and sit in the Gold Brigade, and bring your loudmouth mates with you. Be part of the main cheering body, instead of criticising from your, most likely, more expensive seats. See you next year!

forwards4ever

Jimmy Flynn (14)
forwards4ever - I totally agree with you. It was painful to watch on Saturday night, and the GB weren't at their vibrant best. It was a disappointing night all round. However, at this point the Gold Brigade are still building slowly and it needs a core group of people at the centre of it to rile the crowd up. It needs a few people to get a couple of songs going and then everyone will join in. A couple of subbies teams to get together and bust out their team song, or give us a rendition of Waltzing Matilda.
On Saturday night I yelled myself hoarse, and got little or no support. a few laughs here and there at best.
That's why I'd encourage you, rather than sit outside the GB and tell us we aren't doing our job, to come and sit in the Gold Brigade, and bring your loudmouth mates with you. Be part of the main cheering body, instead of criticising from your, most likely, more expensive seats. See you next year!

My seats were just on the other side of the aisle from the GB seats! Does that make them more expensive? Or are GB seats sponsored and therefore cheaper as Gold Brigade fans are expected to add atmosphere/cheer/singing?
I, too, cheered myself hoarse, even in my joe average seats!

Status
Not open for further replies.