• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe #1 - AUS v NZL, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, August 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I reckon its game on for Kane Douglas and Sam Carter. My gut tells me at least one of Horwill / Mumm is going to get shown up badly on Saturday, possibly both.

I really question whether Horwill can play 80 minutes effectively. He usually has about 25-30 minutes of quality rugby in him these days.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
The talk of resting Slipper is stupid. He had a big break after the Reds season. He clearly isn't in need of rest to fix his shoulder, they're fucked and booked for surgery already. How is resting going to suddenly help?

If his form doesn't improve he should just get the surgery now.

Resting helps by pushing the time to failure further back in time. We don't know his shoulder will catastrophically fail during the games leading up to and including the RWC final, but by having him play fewer games, we reduce the risk of it doing so.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Nope.....

We're still ahead of them on points differential, so if they do draw with a BP they still finish behind the Wobs.

No, if it's a draw, but they get a 4 try BP and we don't, they'll finish on higher points.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I don't know anything about a scaphoid, Wiki describes it as Casew size and shape. More concerning is that early detection and operation is advised to avoid complications. Aparantly it's a slow healing bone.

Operation is, what, 9 days after the injury? Seems longer than necessary where we have on going medical scrutiny. Had to get back to Aus, but still?

I broke my scaphoid once. Took 2 weeks for the swelling to go down enough to confirm, and then 8 weeks in a cast. I wasn't able to hold a beer that hand in for months afterward.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Our problem is that our best kicker, Mike Harris is only a few percentage points better than the other likely candidates this season. It isn't enough to select him above clearly better players I general play.

If he was kicking at 90% it would be an entirely different argument.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Lealiifano was apparently 80 odd percent in Super rugby, despite his early season wobbles and that miss against the Stormers.

I don't think anyone else was at that level, and if Foley is starting at 10 then he must have Lealiifano at 12.

The tore NZ up last year, lets go with it again?

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
About as strong as it gets. Be interesting to see which haka is used with the RC on the line.

I heard that the "Kapa O Pango" is for tough opponents because is more "agressive" and the "Ka Mate" is for average opponents because is more "classic".

Let's find out 12 years later if they even consider us a tough opponent, against the Springboks did the "Kapa O Pango"

Bon

Ward Prentice (10)
I believe it is more to do with the occasion.It's entirely a team decision and even the coaching staff have no knowledge of which Haka is to be performed.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
I heard that the "Kapa O Pango" is for tough opponents because is more "agressive" and the "Ka Mate" is for average opponents because is more "classic".

Let's find out 12 years later if they even consider us a tough opponent, against the Springboks did the "Kapa O Pango"

Well whichever one they choose, it'll piss someone off on here. Ka Mate and we don't show you any respect, O Panga and the perceived throat slitting gesture (which has been moved down to chest level now) means we're too aggressive.
Personally I'd like to see O Panga reserved for Oz and the Saffers only. Tough opponents deserve the tough haka.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Well whichever one they choose, it'll piss someone off on here. Ka Mate and we don't show you any respect, O Panga and the perceived throat slitting gesture (which has been moved down to chest level now) means we're too aggressive.
Personally I'd like to see O Panga reserved for Oz and the Saffers only. Tough opponents deserve the tough haka.

Then I have reason ;)

I believe it is more to do with the occasion.It's entirely a team decision and even the coaching staff have no knowledge of which Haka is to be performed.

Is like the Captain's run?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Inferred starting XV from the article in the Aus this morning:

1. Sio
2. Moore
3. Holmes
4. Skelton
5. Horwill
6. Fardy
7. Hooper
8. Palu
9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Tomane (or Speight?)
12. Giteau
13. Kuridrani
14. Ashley-Cooper
15. Folau

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Inferred starting XV from the article in the Aus this morning:

1. Sio
2. Moore
3. Holmes
4. Skelton
5. Simmons
6. Fardy
7. Hooper
8. Palu
9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Tomane (or Speight?)
12. Giteau
13. Kuridrani
14. Ashley-Cooper
15. Folau

I believe Simmons is out injured?
& Thought Foley & Izzy may have been drafted into Uni;)

Status
Not open for further replies.