• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane City - NRC Team Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Yep, the marquee player concept is purely for marketing, having higher profile players attached to the teams gives the club a bit more leverage for sponsorship and advertising

T

Train Without a Station

If the NRC is designed to nurture the third tier of rugby and the next generation of 2nd tier players, why oh why give spots to excellent players who are O/S bound? Sure they are high quality and younger players might well learn from them and they lift the standard of play, but sign other marquee players who will be a part of things and thereby develop that understanding of and trust in each other's style and skill set.

Because it needs to make money to survive and names like Marcel Kotze and Andrew Ready aren't going to get the turnstiles spinning.

I hate this view that if anybody is departing they should be disregarded for that season. Players leave every year, you sign them for the years they are with you, not until they sign a contract for the future.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Hard to call, as there will be swapping between teams from last year I reckon, but perhaps something like:

Fullbacks: Karmichael Hunt & Andy Muirhead
Wings: Chris Kuridrani, Junior Laloifi, Harry Parker, Mitch Felsman
Centres: CFS, Samu Kerevi, Toby White
Flyhalves: Jake McIntyre, James Dalgleish, Matt Brandon
Scrumhalves: Nick Frisby, Scott Malolua, Jack Mullins
Backrow: Curtis Browning, Liam Gill, Michael Gunn, Adam Korczyk, Jake Schatz, Jack Cornelson
Locks: Carderyn Neville, Greg Riley, Lukhan Tui, James Moore
Props: Sef Fa'agase, David Feao, Pettowa Paraka, Sam Talakai,
Hooker: Matt Mafi, Andrew Ready

A few more spaces to fill. Centres and hooker and lock in particular.

Fritz

Chris McKivat (8)
Hard to call, as there will be swapping between teams from last year I reckon, but perhaps something like:

Backrow: Curtis Browning, Liam Gill, Michael Gunn, Adam Korczyk, Jake Schatz, Jack Cornelson

I'd heard Feao was going to play NRC for a Sydney franchise, might need AJ Campbell

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Sef fa'agese is now in country.
I think Tim smith is one of the 9's.
Browning and korczykc out for the year
Harry Parker has not been told he is part of the Nrc but surely he will be as one of the comps best out side backs

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Harry Parker did however only cross the line four times... Time will tell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCWK

Allen Oxlade (6)
The centre from Wests surely will get a gig, Lefau, the guy with the long hair. Also I'm sure some of the guys coming out of Colts(Rodda, M. Jones, Sham Vui). Similar to what they did last year with Korczyk and Wilkin etc

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)

Greg Riley! That'd be a story and a half for Riles!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The centre from Wests surely will get a gig, Lefau, the guy with the long hair. Also I'm sure some of the guys coming out of Colts(Rodda, M. Jones, Sham Vui). Similar to what they did last year with Korczyk and Wilkin etc

yeah, I was aware I'd missed a few of those Wests guys. Front row too perhaps? Just didn't get to see their games this year.

Samking

Stan Wickham (3)
Interesting Team but yes Smith from Wests is one of the best attacking halves around hard too look past him, Scott Molula made to look good by a good forward pack, Where is smith never had that luxury...

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)

Obviously a few of the Souths boys will rightly claim spots in both teams and there be less Uni and Sunnybank players than last year.

Muirhead, CFS, Van der Walt, Turner?, Ngaumo (though there is little love at QRU for him), Maloloua, Mikaela and Teti Tela all didn't play last year and are potentially deserving of a crack in one of the sides.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Obviously a few of the Souths boys will rightly claim spots in both teams and there be less Uni and Sunnybank players than last year.

Muirhead, CFS, Van der Walt, Turner?, Ngaumo (though there is little love at QRU for him), Maloloua, Mikaela and Teti Tela all didn't play last year and are potentially deserving of a crack in one of the sides.
You'd think Muirhead, Feauia-Sautia, Turner and Van Der Walt are certainties.

I think it is important to remember that although Souths had a great run in the last 5 weeks, and were deserved winners, they did not perform as consistently up until mid-way through the second round. On the other hand Easts, Brothers and University sat in the top 4 all season, so you'd think their players have exhibited a bit more consistency.

I struggled to word that, but I'm sure you understood where I'm coming from.

T

TOCC

Yes displayed more consistency through the regular season but not when it counted most... That will count against a few players..

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Brisbane City and QLD Country will annonce their teams on Thursday or Friday. Along side Vikings and Melbourne Bris City will have one of the stronger squads In the NRC 2015

NCWK

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yes that front row was a bit of a revelation last year, obviously some hard work done in the off season by them. The issue will be that most, if not all, of last years squads are still available so that may inhibit them.
I'm hoping that the idea for the NRC at its inception(bridging the gap as regards that middle tier) follows through and that mostly non-contracted players are on the field for both QLD sides with a sprinkling of extended squad/EDS guys on the field.
Potgieter, Mitchell, Parker(Uni), Mataitini(Norths), Teti Tela, Muirhead , Steph VDW(Souths), Lefau & Smith (wests) Hagen(Easts)
As Warren Buffet said don't test the depth of the water with both feet, hence the need for EDS guys and fringe players at the Reds etc but not with pushing the established Reds who aren't in the Wallabies into the side.
I do take the point from above about getting people through the gate with marquee players etc.
Hopefully people turn up like last year and get some really good crowds down at Ballymore, was always a great evening.

T

TOCC

Brett McKay article suggesting Mika Tela will be aligned with Brisbane City

Status
Not open for further replies.