• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Sydney Rams . NRC Official Team Thread

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Pfitzy - Eastwood never made a commercial offer to be part of the RAMS as they don't have any money. They operate at half the budget of teams like Manly and last year ran at a $20k loss. They don't get gate takings or bar taking so would not get anything if games are played at TG.

Whilst it is nice to say this is a major problem some clubs would be happy to have it the way Eastwood do.

I am assuming they don't pay ground hire & ground maintenance? They also get access too a facility that provides them space for a Gym a valuable asset to have in attracting and retaining players as well as office space? They don't deal with council re ground closures etc?

Compare this to a club like Gordon who get the gate & canteen but pay for ground hire a lot more risk exists. They also have a sponsorship with a Gym of which they contribute too. I am not sure of details for Gordon's offices but it might be a contra sponsorship at the Lindfield office premises.

At Warringah they have changed from a similar model to Eastwood and are now getting the gate receipts I believe this is why the Rays are looking at playing at Rat Park. Warringah and Eastwood seem to get bigger crowds than Gordon at the moment though (although that could possibly change if Gordon was consistently a premiership challenger).

Uni obviously is a different level in terms of not paying ground hire I am pretty sure and getting access to a gym and other sport science and office facilities whilst taking gate receipts/canteen is a pretty good backyard to be in.

scrum-doctor

Stan Wickham (3)
What you say is true....... eastwood doesn't worry about ouncil a grondskeepingbut that s also ecaus the can'.

Firstly the gym facility at Eastwood is literally a couple of odd weighted dumbbells a cable machine and chin ups bar. (hardlyan attraction considering Wests just did theirs up)

Seondly eastwood doesn't get any gate takings, they don't get the bar and the canteen also goes to north ryde rsl.

All eastwoo get is the BBQ and sponsor money

So at the moment there is many better options in Sydney club rugby than eastwood.

Including Gordon

Cpt Crow Eater

Chris McKivat (8)
http://ramsrugby.com.au/

Bit late to the party but Jim Williams announced as head coach.

Although the Rams aren't my team, I 'like' them on their facebook page and really enjoy the news they dish out.

Currently have a 4 part 'series' (interview split into 4 videos) with Jim Williams and his career so far.

Thanks for the content Rams!!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Hi all,

last year GAGR covered the NRC better than any other media unit out there. We had the support of a great bunch of supporters who stuck their hand up and either wrote reviews or previews or took photos.

If you are keen to stick your hand up to help out this year, please send me a direct message and let me know (including team and which discipline).

We make it easy with you in terms of templates for match reviews and previews.

Media accreditation through the ARU will also be available.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
2015 Buildcorp National Rugby Championship – Marquee Player Alignment:

Greater Sydney Rams
Tatafu Polota-Nau
Rob Horne
Kurtley Beale
Benn Robinson

Bring Back The Ruck

Herbert Moran (7)
Squad announced tomorrow, but yes I believe he is (he has been mentioned by the team on various things).
A few player changes from last apparently but from the team list I have seen we have a very competitive squad.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Squad announced tomorrow, but yes I believe he is (he has been mentioned by the team on various things).
A few player changes from last apparently but from the team list I have seen we have a very competitive squad.

It's going to have to be. Looking at the Risings squad although not quite as strong as last season it's still going to be tough to beat.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Rams have merchandise up this season. Hoodies, Polo's and training jerseys. I actually quite like the training jersey. Would make a good game day jersey.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Jim Williams refers to the three point conversion. I thought I had heard a while ago that the conversion would be reduced to two points. Anyone throw some light on this?

Absent Friend

Peter Burge (5)
We are very excited to announce and introduce you to your PCS RAMS team for the 2015 season.
Under the guidance of our new Franchise Coach Jim Williams, we have focused on selecting a team that is all about supporting rugby in the RAMS catchment, with the majority of our players coming from Southern Districts, West Harbour, Parramatta and Eastwood.

Our list does come in a little under the expected squad of 33, and that is because there are several contracts still being negotiated. When more information is available we will come back to you.

In the meantime though, if you know some of these players then reach out and give them a pat on the back, as to be selected for an NRC team is a fantastic achievement. If history is any guide, there is also the very real chance that a number of them could very well be playing for a Super Rugby franchise next year as a result of their involvement with the PCS RAMS.

Over the coming days we will send you some information on memberships and ticketing, and of course if you want to get kitted out in the PCS RAMS colours then you can do so at our shop - http://ramsrugby.com.au/shop/

The team includes the following:
Benn Robinson Eastwood
Cameron Orr West Harbour
Jed Gillespie Eastwood
Cameron Betham Southern Districts
Samuel Needs Eastwood
Matt Gibbon Southern Districts
Hugh Roach Eastwood
Siliva Siliva Brumbies
Evan Olmstead Parramatta
Filimore Tufui Southern Districts
Jed Holloway Southern Districts
Kelly Meafua West Harbour
Marcus Carbone Southern Districts
Jonathan Hayes Southern Districts
Cohen Masson West Harbour
Kaleb Rech Parramatta
Dewet Roos Southern Districts
Jai Ayoub Eastwood
Rohan Saifoloi Southern Districts
Paul Asquith Southern Districts
Denny Godinet Southern Districts
Michael McDougall Eastwood
Jordan Heyer Norths
Henry Seavula West Harbour
Larry Hermens Parramatta
Brenden Hartmann Manly
Brad Curtis Eastwood
Afa Pakalani Southern Districts
The Greater Sydney Rams

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Haven't seen enough Shute Shield to say one way or the other. What happened to Mackenzie?