• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe #1 - AUS v NZL, ANZ Stadium, Sydney, August 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
More important the support runners have to get their timing right this time, that will come back with experience knowing which tackles he will break or not.

The Tahs got that timing wrong most of this year. When they got it right, with big men coming round the corner at speed, they were much more convincing.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Simmons and Higgers were the biggest culprits playing with Skelton. Overrun just about every tackle/rick of his and allowed Bismarck and co. first hands on the ball. It should be better with both of them gone.

Fireworks

Jimmy Flynn (14)
who would you have instead?

4. Skelton
5. Horwill
6. Fardy
7. Pocock
8. Palu

With Hooper to 7 in the 48th minute & Pocock to 8. At least that gives two genuine line out jumpers in Horwill and Fardy and two quasi-jumpers or options in Palu and Skelton.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
4. Skelton
5. Horwill
6. Fardy
7. Pocock
8. Palu

With Hooper to 7 in the 48th minute & Pocock to 8. At least that gives two genuine line out jumpers in Horwill and Fardy and two quasi-jumpers or options in Palu and Skelton.

Agree with all of that. You probably bring Mumm on for Skelton for the final 20 too, to give you 3 decent lineout options for the final quarter

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I reckon Skelton will be more likely to play 80 minutes than Horwill. The hope might be that Fardy lasts 80, Pocock replaces Palu and Mumm replaces Horwill.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
All Blacks named. Strong line-up.

15. Ben Smith
14. Nehe Milner-Skudder
13. Conrad Smith
12. Sonny Bill Williams
11. Julian Savea
10. Daniel Carter
9. Aaron Smith

8. Kieran Read
7. Richie McCaw
6. Jerome Kaino
5. Luke Romano
4. Brodie Retallick
3. Owen Franks
2. Dane Coles
1. Tony Woodcock

Reserves:

16. Codie Taylor
17. Ben Franks
18. Nepo Laulala
19. Sam Whitelock
20. Sam Cane
21. TJ Perenara
22. Beauden Barrett
23. Malakai Fekitoa

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11492572

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
All Blacks named. Strong line-up.

15. Ben Smith
14. Nehe Milner-Skudder
13. Conrad Smith
12. Sonny Bill Williams
11. Julian Savea
10. Daniel Carter
9. Aaron Smith

8. Kieran Read
7. Richie McCaw
6. Jerome Kaino
5. Luke Romano
4. Brodie Retallick
3. Owen Franks
2. Dane Coles
1. Tony Woodcock

Reserves:

16. Codie Taylor
17. Ben Franks
18. Nepo Laulala
19. Sam Whitelock
20. Sam Cane
21. TJ Perenara
22. Beauden Barrett
23. Malakai Fekitoa

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11492572

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Bloody good side

I don't know how the hell the Wallabies are going to win against this side

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Yeah I don't get all the sudden negativity, it's the side that has been mooted all week. Or is it just the psyche when you see them written on a piece of paper 1-23??

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
As I said earlier, neither wing has played for a month, NMS has been carrying an injury, and seems Savea's fitness had dropped off during run to S15 finals, so he has been working a bit harder on sprints etc. Do like the fact that Shag and co make these decisions, makes sure everyone is up to scratch. Also looking forward to seeing reshuffle when Cane comes off bench.

Oh and the 2 ex Nua hookers are playing, happy days in Levin!! (ok and Pram but Coles had been in for a while!)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just to confirm the match officials:

Referee: Wayne Barnes (England)
Assistant referees: Nigel Owens (Wales), Federico Anselmi (Argentina)
TMO: Shaun Veldsman (South Africa)

Not sure who the citing & judicial officers are :)

Oh and the 2 ex Nua hookers are playing, happy days in Levin!! (ok and Pram but Coles had been in for a while!)

You forgot your usual Logan Juniors plug for Taylor :)

Strong side, obviously, gotta wonder if Crockett would've started if available or if this means Woodcock is now #1 in that particular pecking order.................

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yeah it's a great side on paper, arguably the best, but Rugby ain't played on paper.
Wallabies by 10.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
The wallabies lost by a point to an All Blacks team that was approximately that strength last year. That was probably the lowest point in Australian Rugby since 2011 so I don't share the pessimism regarding our chances, I think the squad has come a long way.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yeah I don't get all the sudden negativity, it's the side that has been mooted all week. Or is it just the psyche when you see them written on a piece of paper 1-23??

I was very optimistic last year, in fact I think we could have won the first Bledisloe game if we had a true #10 (Not Beale, thanks Link).

Then came the disaster of Eden Park, where we were crushed unmitigated and I lost ALL faith to win the Bledisloe again.

In the last game we were the better team but they regained up the pace in the last minutes and they won the game. I lost all faith since. I prefer to be negative and amaze me with a victory to be positive and be struck again.

Luckily these will be the last games against generation of McCaw, Carter, Conrad Smith, Nonu, Mealamu and others. I don't think the next AB generation will be so dominant like these blokes. At least I hope so.

Tongan Thor and Samoan Wolverine will bring the Bledisloe to Australia again :p

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You'd probably have won in Sydney if Hooper had always taken the points on offer & in Brisbane if you'd held your nerve & the ball for even 30 sec longer so the "no chance" comments are more than a little weird.

I believe AB will win but it won't be an Auckland-style score line, I'm sticking with my "by 5 - 11" & depending on what the TAB are offering Saturday morning may just put my money where my mouth is..........

EDIT: it's been 1,440 days since AB last lost to Wobs, BTW :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.