• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Country - official NRC thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
I just hope the Toowoomba game doesn't clash with Risdon cup finals up here, otherwise you'll lose more than half your rugby viewing public.
The City-Country game (for the Andy Purcell Cup) is on a Sunday (6th September).

So it could work out.

Risdon Finals:

29 Aug: Super Sat 1 (Semi-final)
05 Sep: Super Sat 2 – (KO Final)
12 Sep: Elimination Final
19 Sep: Grand Final

Wheatman

Chris McKivat (8)
The City-Country game (for the Andy Purcell Cup) is on a Sunday (6th September).

So it could work out.

Risdon Finals:

29 Aug: Super Sat 1 (Semi-final)
05 Sep: Super Sat 2 – (KO Final)
12 Sep: Elimination Final
19 Sep: Grand Final

It's looking as though the finals played on the 5th will be at Goondiwindi. It's a full day with 2 C, B and A grade semi-finals being played. Not ideal, but hopefully a big crowd will show up.

Red Galloper

Frank Nicholson (4)
If Anthony is out for the entire NRC campaign surely they would have to bring in the Wests centre Tyrone Lefau. Still not sure why he didnt make the initial squads as he was close to one of the best centres in the comp by far and has spent time in the Force system as well as a few season playing ITM Cup. Big fan of this guy just hope the QRU dont let him slip into one of the other teams.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Does anyone know why Uni have 9 players in the Country side and none in the other? I thought the best players from clubs are spread across both sides?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I don't think they really look at the clubs to work out where they put players. More the positions and the needs of the squads.

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
Coach Gilmore has a knack of sticking with players he knows. Not surprised to see a couple of his premiership winning Churchie lads in the Country squad. Thought Perese was an interesting selection to start on the wing. Clearly talented but barely started premier grade for Easts

Fritz

Chris McKivat (8)
Hirsimaki was clearly injured and couldn't jog for the last 20 mins he was on. Needs to use his bench more.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
That would be "Ko e fasi 'o e tu'i 'o e 'Otu Tonga" or the Tongan Anthem.

Be fair to the kid. He is only 19 and has been on the pine less than Anthems Whitaker got off it.

T

TOCC

JJT gone for the season, I wonder how bad his knee is, Reds might want to consider a replacement player for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
made a strong run, I thought he avoided work however. He is such a physical beast I'd love to see him make more of an impact at the ruck.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Any Team Rehab News?

Perese injury looked like it may have medium term implications.

Were they concussion injuries to Chris FS and DK?

Status
Not open for further replies.