• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rising 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

I'll be making an appearance with some mates as well. Parking will be a nightmare though.

I assume that the grassed-area adjacent to the field will be open for paid parking, as it was for the pre-season game. From memory, it was $10. It may be higher for an NRC game.

Roadside parking will be available, as long as you either:

1) Get there 5 hours before the game, or,
2) Be willing to walk 15 km's from car to ground.

:)

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
There is always PT; Homesglen Station is a bee's fart from the ground, and it means you can indulge in Lager without wheels.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
Ok lads, who is going to the game at Harlequins this week?

I have the honour of presenting the Horan-Little Shield to the winning captain, so having a strong GAGR presence alongside me to emphasise to the team's how important this is to us would be great.

Will be there as well. You'll look positively Mafioso with us lot behind you.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
Good man! Sounds like we should be able to hold a decent GAGR (Melbourne Chapter) Editorial Meeting, i.e. Drink beer and watch rugby.

Keep your receipts; I'll send them to the GAGR Accountant for @Gagger to sign-off on. It is a work function, after all!

;)

Good luck, I'm still waiting for my expenses to come back from my time in the box.

Doesn't help that you have to explicitly ask the AAMI Park bars for a receipt, which of course becomes more challenging every time you visit them.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Lloyd Johansson was our best player, just kept smashing it up the middle. Ben Meehan provided a lot of zip from the base of the ruck. Jordy Reid was also heavily involved. Steve Cummins won a number of lineouts. Jonah Placid made a number of good runs.

Axemen

Allen Oxlade (6)
I assume that the grassed-area adjacent to the field will be open for paid parking, as it was for the pre-season game. From memory, it was $10. It may be higher for an NRC game.

Roadside parking will be available, as long as you either:

1) Get there 5 hours before the game, or,
2) Be willing to walk 15 km's from car to ground.

:)

Holmesglen Station also has parking or even look at parking up at the Harvey Norman and walking down the hill - we have been advised that the car park is even going to be closed for official use only for the Junior Rugby early in the morning so the back streets are going to be a nightmare.

D

daz

Holmesglen Station also has parking or even look at parking up at the Harvey Norman and walking down the hill - we have been advised that the car park is even going to be closed for official use only for the Junior Rugby early in the morning so the back streets are going to be a nightmare.

Surely the carpark staff will recognise GAGR folk for "official use"; we are presenting the fucking trophy, after all!

Besides, public transport? With the common folk? Egads, the world is going downhill.

:p

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Is parking at the Matthew Flinders pub an option?

It would be an option, but you might happen to run into the locals. Could be dangerous for your health.

You can always take a sneak shot at the small car park up near field # 2, used to always go there on match day. Or the Hockey ground a bit further up the bike trail has a decent car park / street parking.

Axemen

Allen Oxlade (6)
Surely the carpark staff will recognise GAGR folk for "official use"; we are presenting the fucking trophy, after all!

Besides, public transport? With the common folk? Egads, the world is going downhill.

:p

Daz suggest you have a word to your Rebels/Rising contact - my QUINS mate said it is out of their hands as the Rebels are running the show.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Up to six debutants could feature for the Melbourne Rising in Round Two of the Buildcorp National Rugby Championship (NRC), after Head Coach Zane Hilton named an exciting lineup to host Brisbane City at Harlequin Rugby Club on Saturday at 2pm.
Click here to buy tickets, with all kids under twelve free!
Talented outside backs Stacey Ili (Melbourne Uni) and Justin Marsters (Harlequin) will start, replacing Tom English and Dom Shipperley on the wings after both of those players were selected to travel to London and represent the Barbariansagainst Samoa at Olympic Stadium on Sunday morning (AEST).
“We’ve certainly been impressed by both Justin and Stacey in training, and we’re really looking forward to seeing them in action on Saturday,” Hilton said. “Justin will get a real boost from making his debut on his home ground at Harlequin, while Stacey has a great step and is a really energetic player.”
English and Shipperley will be joined by Luke Jones, however in his place on the reserves bench comes Sam Jeffries who will feature for the first time this season after returning from injury.
Injury rules out Tim Metcher, with Mike Tyler promoted to the starting lineup after impressing against Queensland Country, and Melbourne Uni prop Matt Onesemo one of four potential debutants on the bench.
The others are Melbourne Unicorns hooker Mitch Andrews, Harlequin scrumhalf Maradona Farao and Box Hill winger Filipe Vilitati, a member of the Island Breeze Rugby Plus program which last year unearthed current Melbourne Rebels star Sefanaia Naivalu.
Hilton said his side would need to improve, following their 39-31 victory over Queensland Country in Round One.
“It was good to start the campaign with a win, but we’re under no illusions that we will need to produce better than what we showed on Sunday to go far in this competition,” he said. “We’re really looking forward to getting out there at Harlequin and showing our passionate and dedicated Victorian Rugby community what we’re capable of achieving.”
The Horan-Little Shield will again be on the line this Saturday; click here to buy tickets.
Melbourne Rising team to face Brisbane City, NRC Round Two, Saturday August 29th 2015:
1. Mike Tyler (Power House, 1 Rising cap)
2. Pat Leafa (Box Hill & Rebels, 10 Rising caps)
3. Duncan Chubb (Southern Districts (NSW), 1 Rising cap)
4. Murray Douglas (Harlequin, 1 Rising cap)
5. Steve Cummins (Harlequin & Rebels, 1 Rising cap)
6. Jordy Reid (Melbourne & Rebels, 1 Rising cap)
7. Scott Fuglistaller (Moorabbin & Rebels, 1 Rising cap) (Captain)
8. Colby Fainga’a (Footscray & Rebels, 1 Rising cap) (Vice Captain)
9. Ben Meehan (Box Hill & Rebels, 4 Rising caps)
10. Jack Debreczeni (Endeavour Hills & Rebels, 10 Rising caps) (Vice Captain)
11. Stacey Ili (Melbourne Uni) *
12. Lloyd Johansson (Harlequin, 10 Rising caps)
13. Leo Taliu (Harlequin, 1 Rising cap)
14. Justin Marsters (Harlequin) *
15. Jonah Placid (Melbourne Uni & Rebels, 8 Rising caps)
16. Mitch Andrews (Melbourne) **
17. Fereti Sa’aga (Melbourne Uni, 3 Rising caps)
18. Matt Onesemo (Melbourne Uni) **
19. Sam Jeffries (Melbourne Uni & Rebels, 9 Rising caps)
20. Pom Simona (Harlequin, 9 Rising caps)
21. Maradona Farao (Harlequin) **
22. Sione Tuipulotu (Southern Districts, 1 Rising cap)
23. Filipe Vilitati (Box Hill) **
*Denotes Melbourne Rising debut
**Denotes potential Melbourne Rising debut

D

daz

Ok lads, who is going to the game at Harlequins this week?

I have the honour of presenting the Horan-Little Shield to the winning captain, so having a strong GAGR presence alongside me to emphasise to the team's how important this is to us would be great.

Quoting my own tweet. Oddly satisfying.

Anyhoo, for those GAGR lads attending the game, if possible can you meet me at the walkway area between the main car park and the club room (usually where the merch/food caravan sits) at 1:00pm and I'll run you through the post-game Shield details.

I'll be the handsome gent, very well dressed, standing with a look of insufferable smugness on my dial. Probably with a beer in my hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Don't think we will be seeing Tim Metcher this NRC. Can we ask for a replacement?

a2f14d9afeb6f126d51500de6283fb8d.jpg

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Daz, sorry but I'm no chance of being there before 1:00. I will be telepathically supporting from the side lines though.

Reactions: daz
Status
Not open for further replies.