• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
I'm with you Tahspark in terms of looking out for, and looking after ol' mate Azzuri in whatever becomes the "aftermath" on Saturday pm at Jack's. Treat him gently you RM's (or not)! ;)

I've just got back into Telstra range,and it'd seem Az has gone shopping in the meantime for a new Avatar, and done so elsewhere than George Simon's Suits, Big & Tall, or even Bondi Junction and bugger the GST! (I think I'm gonna miss seeing the big hairy bloke in a Blue jersey popping up in the Forum, but the new suit for the big fella is indeed quite "sharp".)

Az, go with greatness on Soaturday pm!

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
I'm with you Tahspark in terms of looking out for, and looking after ol' mate Azzuri in whatever becomes the "aftermath" on Saturday pm at Jack's. Treat him gently you RM's (or not)! ;)

I've just got back into Telstra range,and it'd seem Az has gone shopping in the meantime for a new Avatar, and done so elsewhere than George Simon's Suits, Big & Tall, or even Bondi Junction and bugger the GST! (I think I'm gonna miss seeing the big hairy bloke in a Blue jersey popping up in the Forum, but the new suit for the big fella is indeed quite "sharp".)

Temporary moment of madness CJ... ..Castrogiovanni will be back tomorrow... Too hard to drink beer with the helmet on!

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil;

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
Newington v Shore: Pleasing to hear that some members of Shore's team rehab will return to action this week. Still smarting from their loss to Joeys, New will be keen to ensure that as a minimum they remain in the hunt for a joint premiership. New too strong across the park: N by 20

Unfortunately as 2 return from team rehab this week they are just replacing another 2 that have joined the casualty list since Scots last week.

The has been

Allen Oxlade (6)
Unfortunately as 2 return from team rehab this week they are just replacing another 2 that have joined the casualty list since Scots last week.

Shore's Max Sinclair 12 and Ed Gregory 11 are out ,the hard running Harry Cudmore is his replacement also Nathan Corbett 14 is back in, as is 4 Hamish S . Sam Allen comes in for Sinclair, his selection well over due ,but he is really a #13. Big #3 Ryan Hasgard still in 2nd's over haircut issues(that's good management) so they will be missing some size against New's 835Kg forward pack.Will be a long hard day at Shore for their 1st XV.
2nd's should be a good game, was a thriller last match at Stanmore, Shore Ben Maltman at 12 has been in great form,and one to watch , and Newington's #8 Ben Wickett has been firing up lately and likely for another big one against his old junior team mates from Mosman.

Scots too good for View and Joey's in a canter over Kings in last 10 minutes , but both to be very entertaining games. Newington to keep the scoreboard attendants busy at Northbridge .

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Shore's Max Sinclair 12 and Ed Gregory 11 are out ,the hard running Harry Cudmore is his replacement also Nathan Corbett 14 is back in, as is 4 Hamish S . Sam Allen comes in for Sinclair, his selection well over due ,but he is really a #13. Big #3 Ryan Hasgard still in 2nd's over haircut issues(that's good management) so they will be missing some size against New's 835Kg forward pack.Will be a long hard day at Shore for their 1st XV.
2nd's should be a good game, was a thriller last match at Stanmore, Shore Ben Maltman at 12 has been in great form,and one to watch , and Newington's #8 Ben Wickett has been firing up lately and likely for another big one against his old junior team mates from Mosman.

Scots too good for View and Joey's in a canter over Kings in last 10 minutes , but both to be very entertaining games. Newington to keep the scoreboard attendants busy at Northbridge .
Hugh Finley back at 4 (after head rattle in the Kings game), Hamish Sheahan will remain at 15,

Damm shame about Gregory and Sinclair

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Hopefully your cup will runneth over on Saturday:)

In any case, after you contributions this week, you deserve to see the boys in blue and white triumph. Best of luck, the trip to Hunters Hill is certainly a tough one.

Cheers @QH..... I'll need a very large cup whichever way it goes....;)

TouchPauseBanter

Bob McCowan (2)
Penultimate round and a big shout goes out to those year 12 boys who will be going around on their home paddocks for the final time.

Newington v Shore: Pleasing to hear that some members of Shore's team rehab will return to action this week. Still smarting from their loss to Joeys, New will be keen to ensure that as a minimum they remain in the hunt for a joint premiership. New too strong across the park: N by 20

Riverview v Scots: No longer a game in arrears to New, Scots can be masters of their title aspirations. View missing too many up front on paper but if they can get close to parity in the piggies this could be the week that their elusive 70 mins performance is on show: R by 2

Joeys v Kings: Both last start winners surprising many but not their respective supporters. Bragging rights are not to be sneezed at and there's plenty of individual and collective match ups to savour. I can't go past the home team riding on the back of their passionate home cheer squad: J by 10

PS. Match reports will be secondary to many forum members who await with bated breath Azzuri's post mortem as a stranger in a strange land aka Jack's amidst the Joeys' RMs.

Sorry mate, I cant see Riverview getting up here, Bring it back to the winter of 2014, Scots down 28-0 at the half, to grind back and grab the 35-28 victory, I can't see View holding out again. Max "Red Devil" Girdler is a force to be reckoned with as we all know and he's eager to smash some heads following his completion of the diploma course, so should we say.. Dr Max Girdler? Needless to say, with a trained dentist in the ranks, he'll smash the teeth of the View tight three and throw some new ones before you can say "what classifies a bursary?"

Scots by 8

Other than that yeah, good picks

RoyRanley

Bob McCowan (2)
Why are people tipping shore over newington in 2nds? Wouldn't they be favourites as they are currently coming 2nd overall, while shore is 4th?

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
Slack with my tips....
Newington after the bell by 6
Joeys to tear kings a new one by 25. It will be over at half time.
And View to send the latest model Bentleys back across the bridge to think again. View by 8.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Why are people tipping shore over newington in 2nds? Wouldn't they be favourites as they are currently coming 2nd overall, while shore is 4th?
Shores form in the seconds has been very good. They were unlucky to lose to New Rd 1 in the last minute. Also, so very close v Joeys. Since then have beaten Kings. view and Scots. So I think they would be a certainty.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
From the look of the for and against points on the GPS site, the seconds competition looks to have had mostly close games.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
hey @RM2....

Has the menu for tomorrows apres game soiree been confirmed yet? A little birdie mentioned to me today that you'd had the mirror ball re-installed in the dining room and that these little retro babies made the final cut for the menu du jour.

42b661da7262e14f9be46dd69e710887.jpg

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
hey @RM2..

Has the menu for tomorrows apres game soiree been confirmed yet? A little birdie mentioned to me today that you'd had the mirror ball re-installed in the dining room and that these little retro babies made the final cut for the menu du jour.

View attachment 6835

Nope, Brother said he didn't want to relive his disco days (it was bad enough in the 70s) so the mirror balls are on hold - maybe at the after party :p

I think fairy bread and cream cakes will be spot on for you Kings boys. Will get the girls onto it, stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.