• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Melbourne Rising 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
don't think we will be seeing
Don't think we will be seeing Tim Metcher this NRC. Can we ask for a replacement?

a2f14d9afeb6f126d51500de6283fb8d.jpg
dont think we will be seeing much of tim metcher period. significant torn hamstring recovery, ask james horwill how well that went ! possibly mid season Rebels

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
It would be an option, but you might happen to run into the locals. Could be dangerous for your health.

You can always take a sneak shot at the small car park up near field # 2, used to always go there on match day. Or the Hockey ground a bit further up the bike trail has a decent car park / street parking.
I would avoid the hockey ground today. They are hosting final from early in the day. Parking will be very limited there.

I will walk from home I think. It's only acouple of hours. I Wil think of it as pre walking off the beers. It should involve less staggering and random stops behind trees than doing it after.

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Quoting my own tweet. Oddly satisfying.

Anyhoo, for those GAGR lads attending the game, if possible can you meet me at the walkway area between the main car park and the club room (usually where the merch/food caravan sits) at 1:00pm and I'll run you through the post-game Shield details.

I'll be the handsome gent, very well dressed, standing with a look of insufferable smugness on my dial. Probably with a beer in my hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry Daz. I will be there much later. You will recognise me as the bloke in tracky daks and fleece and definitely with a beer in hand. Not up to the snappy dress standards but what Can you expect from the unwashed masses in GA at every game.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I would avoid the hockey ground today. They are hosting final from early in the day. Parking will be very limited there.

I will walk from home I think. It's only acouple of hours. I Wil think of it as pre walking off the beers. It should involve less staggering and random stops behind trees than doing it after.

A couple of hours? Geez, you're brave.

Talking to one of the Quins juniors parents this morning. Apparently they haven't fenced off the bike path, so basically anyone can stroll in. Unless the put a couple of Samoan boys down there...

Looking forward to some local footy :)

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Rising scrum really turned it around in the second half but we keep knocking on 5m from the line. If we can get one I feel one or two more will come. Thisis looking a lot like the rebels highlanders preseason last year.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Fairly reminiscent of the semi against the spirit last season. Plenty of opportunities to score, but with the other side taking more of the opportunities, and having fairly similar numbers of Super Players, we can't penatrate.

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Fairly reminiscent of the semi against the spirit last season. Plenty of opportunities to score, but with the other side taking more of the opportunities, and having fairly similar numbers of Super Players, we can't penatrate.
Fair call. We had our chances but on balance bros city were better. It will be a good season for our boys. I feel the next tier of players will learn much more now our depth can be tested

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
A couple of hours? Geez, you're brave.

Talking to one of the Quins juniors parents this morning. Apparently they haven't fenced off the bike path, so basically anyone can stroll in. Unless the put a couple of Samoan boys down there.

Looking forward to some local footy :)
Wish I had seen that before I arrived. I could have putthe entry free behind the barok instead

Status
Not open for further replies.