• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)

What the fuck happened between this video and that picture Matt.

Anyway always nice to see ex-pros fit, instead of copping an extra 20kg a year after they quit playing.

Edit: Dunning interviewed from 2:30 on the vid

T

Train Without a Station

Can't help but think that Quade and Bernard are less passionate about the number 10 jersey debate than many of us...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440808850.537383.jpg

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Thinking about those hill sprints, out of pure curiosity, does anyone know who the fittest is in the team?

Phipps held the highest yo-yo score until recently when Tom Cusack broke it, not bad for a guy who would be around 100kgs.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I know this is a bit morbid but in theory they should put the A team and the B team on separate flights. Much like many companies do with their boards when they are travelling.

EDIT: actually A odds with B evens and vice versa would make more sense!

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Heard from a fellow closely connected to the wallabies that giteau is 10 with To'omua 12 and Genia 9 if fit.
Quade was tried in the bled as a last chance saloon and won't play much in the WC

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Everyone is surprised by Horwill's exclusion and Douglas' inclusion.

Horwill's issue in Cheika's eyes seems to be that he wasn't in his top two loose head locks in terms of calling the lineout etc. Simmons and Mumm were picked ahead of him here. He also didn't have the physicality and impact that Cheika wants from his tight head lock. Skelton and Douglas have been picked here.

Clearly Cheika is taking a risk that Douglas doesn't produce the sort of form at the RWC that would justify his inclusion. It's Cheika's risk to take though.

I don't get this reasoning. As far as I can see Skelton has had bugger all impact in his games. In fact when you look at our weakening scrum and lineout when he comes on is suggest that mostly his impact has been negative.

The set piece is going to be key to getting us far in the World Cup. A lineout of Simmons and Horwill is our strongest and our scrum of Kepu, Sio, Simmons and Horwill is our strongest. It is a huge risk not to have the ability to put this combination together and if we don't get out of the group I expect we will be primarily be blaming our set piece.

Reactions: gel
T

TOCC

Heard from a fellow closely connected to the wallabies that giteau is 10 with To'omua 12 and Genia 9 if fit.
Quade was tried in the bled as a last chance saloon and won't play much in the WC

Even Giteau has said he isn't a fly half..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

Train Without a Station

Can't see a first choice option being playing a guy that played every test available in a position he didn't play the entire time.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
I know this is a bit morbid but in theory they should put the A team and the B team on separate flights. Much like many companies do with their boards when they are travelling.

EDIT: actually A odds with B evens and vice versa would make more sense!

What are the chances of it happening twice though???

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I think we have more chance winning the cup with a To'omua Giteau combination than any other. I wish they had got more time together in the RC.

Status
Not open for further replies.