• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 2: Melbourne Rising v Brisbane City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Brisbane City were just too good, simple as that. Built on a much better pack, and a good performance from McIntire at fly half. He doesn't have the physical stature or pure technique as Debreczeni, but he has a wonderful fly half brain, if the Reds don't sign a new fly half, they should be served well with him and Greene.

Think anyone who expects the Rising to be as good as last season needs to think again. Tyler, Leafa, Chubb, Douglas, Cummins, Reid, Fuglistaller, Fainga'a is a noticeable drop in quality in the tight 5, and size in the back row compared to Smith, Leafa, PAE, Jeffries, Neville, Jones, McMahon, Timani.

Last season also had more Super allocated players too. 15 out the 16 initially allocated players played most of the games, Placid came down early, Meehan came back after no one else wanted him, Burgess was allocated to us after beimg drawn in as the 3rd Wobbly fly half, plus Sefa came out from dominating the local comp.

We're still good enough to make the semis I reckon, especially with Cruze, Jones, Timani, Engo and Ships to come back in, but think we'll be in the middle of the pack behind City and the Vikings.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Someone has probably already asked this somewhere however I'm wondering if they have the game available to watch on replay? Struggling to watch them live.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Games come up on the foxtel on demand website usually within 48 hours of the game. They say 24 hours but it was >48 hours last week.

T

Train Without a Station

Be chill highlander. The rising have not put there best team on the park once yet. Look how many who are part of the team that didn't play today still. The biggest loss has been in the front row losing both their dominant props from last year. Unless Timani won't be available they will be pretty close again. Actually no Inman either, but I think they have good class out wide with the addition of Shipperly.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm watched both games live without issues. You need a News Ltd account that is linked to your Foxtel account.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
it's not about not being chill TWAS, it's more we got a really good season last year with consistently fit Super Players and there were a couple of game (Specifically the Rams, and the 2 Country sides) where without them we probably would have lost, and this one is much like them.

I'm trying to convince myself to realistic as much as anything else. Not good at that when it comes to teams I love, although very occasionally, relentless optimism works (<3 Glasgow)

T

TOCC

Finally got the opportunity to watch the replay, I don't think either team played to the conditions very well, I think someone from both teams needed to make the call to play it tighter and stop spreading it wide so quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.