• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Big day out at GT today
BBC won 11A , 12A , 13 A ( by at least 25 ) 16 A , 2nds and 1sts
In a big upset GT handed BBC 14 A their first ever defeat and deserved the win. The new 13in that GT side is a brilliant young player? Is he a league boy?

In the firsts GT scored a consolation try on full- time to make it 35-20.
How much defending did GT do in 2nd half??. in the end the size of BBC forwards was too much with the 8 scoring two tries.
BOF ( again !!) was Aussie schools 7 J Farrell - how many turnovers did he get?
Closely following was the 2 captains4 for BBC and 9 for GT
GT building a lot of depth in 14 s and 15s.

tooms

Chris McKivat (8)
Big day out at GT today
BBC won 11A , 12A , 13 A ( by at least 25 ) 16 A , 2nds and 1sts
In a big upset GT handed BBC 14 A their first ever defeat and deserved the win. The new 13in that GT side is a brilliant young player? Is he a league boy?

In the firsts GT scored a consolation try on full- time to make it 35-20.
How much defending did GT do in 2nd half??. in the end the size of BBC forwards was too much with the 8 scoring two tries.
BOF ( again !!) was Aussie schools 7 J Farrell - how many turnovers did he get?
Closely following was the 2 captains4 for BBC and 9 for GT
GT building a lot of depth in 14 s and 15s.

The 13 is not a league player, his brother is in the 12As too but did not play today due to the state carnival. So there is some talent in that family.

That 14s game was 17-0 with less than ten to go, so it was pretty stunning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benchwarmer

Frank Nicholson (4)
Who updates the Fox Pulse site?.......pretty sure the H/T score BGS / IGS 13A was 70-0.........good work BGS holding IGS 13A to 18 points in the full second half?......

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
BGS break a 17 game drought and come away with a win against IGS in a roller coaster of a game, 32 to 26. Great effort by the Light Dark Blue in proving everyone wrong and not lying down. The 2015 side certainly deserves this win. What a strange competition this is though...

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
That 14s game was 17-0 with less than ten to go, so it was pretty stunning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very dominant performance by GT never let BBC into the game.

BBC's 13 sure can run though.

Fantastic standard of Rugby from two good sides

BAG

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
ACGS 26 beat TSS 19

#13 Stanghon scores in final play to beat TSS

Croft makes the conversion

Btw, huge crowd at Churchie today, stakes so high for two great rugby schools. Terrific atmosphere all round in a very hard fought, close game. Large number of Churchie old boys in a big group initiated war cries along with the boys. Nice.

Churchie showed their generally excellent 2H composure to maintain focus and work their way back up the field to score the final, decisive try near right on FT.

This all despite the fact that from late in 1H TSS started to dominate and showed really excellent rugby skills, especially at the breakdown, in defence, and in fast, close, accurate passing through the hands to their accomplished outside backs.

I've said here before that last year Gilmore brought an excellent culture to the 2014 Churchie 1sts. It was 'one for all and all of one' in a genuine and real way and this playing for each other combined with superb grit and never say die determination has been Churchie's 2015 hallmark, particularly as the 2015 team has had way less 'star' players than 2014's.

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
Wow...just heard from my NC mates...They were very impressed with the state high program ....Bshs won the 13a 14a lost 15a 10-5 (40 point turnaround) lost 16a 10-7 ...won the first 25_23::: nudgee program has gone backwards in the last year...or has the state high program ...developed...???

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
My Dear Mr Genia
As for BBC v GT this weekend
Do not forget the 16A match and the bad blood that still exists from 2 years ago in 14As when :
-BBC became the first school to beat that team;
-there were a number of complaints from both schools about OTT support
Will the fact that a number of boys play together at Wests dilute this?No-the parents will carry their own agenda.

I am pleased to advise
all matches played in great spirit . especially 14 and 15s where there were some high standard matches.
Congrats to GT 15 A coach - what a nice young man who took the time to talk to BBC boys who went down in a close one.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
The two number 13s in the 14A s for GT and BBC are great prospects.
13 for BBC won 100,200& 400 at GPS t &f last year but the GT 13 went round him once or twice- can we keep the NRL away for once.

BAG[/quote]

behindthescenes

Allen Oxlade (6)
Wow.just heard from my NC mates.They were very impressed with the state high program ..Bshs won the 13a 14a lost 15a 10-5 (40 point turnaround) lost 16a 10-7 .won the first 25_23::: nudgee program has gone backwards in the last year.or has the state high program .developed.???

NC WON 31-5 in the 16As.. (Not 10-7). Day pretty well went as expected besides 1stXV result of course. Really missed first (or second) choice fly half today. Credit to BSHS, they took their chances.

Lemno

Frank Row (1)
I am pleased to advise
all matches played in great spirit . especially 14 and 15s where there were some high standard matches.
Congrats to GT 15 A coach - what a nice young man who took the time to talk to BBC boys who went down in a close one.

I agree that all games at Tennyson seemed to be played in good spirit with plenty of good rugby on show. It was good to see the highlights on the field prevailed over a gas cylinder catching on fire and almost burning the canteen to the ground - I hope the man injured Is ok!!

William Wallace

Herbert Moran (7)
Ok it's a bit early for a 100% accurate form guide on the season to come, but it's been a while since I've been on the thread and I have done some nosing around the various schools.
So here's how I think the competition is shaping up for 2015, starting with what many consider to be the top 3 teams:

Nudgee College
As we stare down the barrel at the Easter long weekend, the brethren once again look the goods for the upcoming season. Already their rugby coaches have been busier than an Adelaide Archbishop clearing out his desk drawers before a diocese inquiry.
Their first training session for this season started shortly after the uniform shop opened in the last week of the Christmas holidays. They also have about 12 players back from last year. If these guys aren't in the top 2 at the end then I'll run nude around Ross Oval at half time in the last game, with the Popes hat shoved up my arse.

TSS
Once again our mates from the Glitter Strip have implemented a recruitment program that makes ISIS look like a Tuppaware pyramid selling party at my mums house on a Monday morning. They've got more new faces running around in their rugby program than an episode of Australia's Got Talent and on top of that at least 10 of last years team is back again. There are some big boys on board, in particular their number 8 - he is so big he has his own postcode. Top 3 for TSS in an absolute walk.

BBC
What are best 3 years of your school life at BBC? Well if you are in the First XV its year 12. Just like the 2 schools above, these guys have at least 12 or 13 lads back from the First XV squad last year. Whilst their supporters may have learnt their lesson on talking themselves up, if they have a bad tour of Japan on the injury front then the season could be over before a chip is put in the fryer at Miskin Street on the morning of the first game.
That said if they come back from Japan with more than just some Duty Free Saki (half the kids are already 18 so their bags will be full), but also some real combinations and confidence then watch out. Top 3 for BBC.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Another cracking game at Churchie today, although not the result us Coasties were after. Congratulations on another premiership to ACGS.

Match photos here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/100900132@N02/albums/72157655572883744

20784922559_3a78a1fc2e_b_d.jpg

20783688150_48eee9ab01_b_d.jpg

20963667372_76d46770a6_b_d.jpg

20981216521_6bdb89ae71_b_d.jpg

20973814705_267f22b6de_b_d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.