• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby TV ratings 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

I've never had Foxtel. Can someone tell me if this deal is good.
http://www.foxtel.com.au/c/big-sale.html?foxtel&gclid=CL6jwfPCyMcCFcSUvQodUEYLYQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

I just want it for the RWC pool matches so no setup and no contract sounds good. Is the IQ1 ok though? Can you record with it?

If its for the RWC then you will want this one:
https://www.foxtel.com.au/get/tv-combos/sports.html

$50/a month is about as cheap as you will get it, i have the same package with HD for $50/month but i had to sign up for a 6month contract. Pretty sure you can record on all IQ boxes.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
What off season?

The NRC is in full swing as is the ITM Cup in NZ and the Curry Cup in Sefrika. The RWC is less than one month away from starting.

half

Alan Cameron (40)
What off season?

The NRC is in full swing as is the ITM Cup in NZ and the Curry Cup in Sefrika. The RWC is less than one month away from starting.

OK OK OK the NRC don't get me started the Woodies won the grand final again I am still smiling.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Good on 'em for having a go.

The challenge will obviously be to keep up the momentum, I doubt that these fellas will keep putting in what amounts to free labour. If they put a monetary value on their own labour I doubt that they are really breaking even.

But it was pretty good television, started out a bit ropey and a couple of the venues had poor camera positions - but word of mouth should see continual improvement in the ratings.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
What off season?

I wouldn't know if the NRC was actually being played. Every time I go to sit down to watch a game on my couch, I get told to go onto the computer and head to a foxsports website.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
If its for the RWC then you will want this one:
https://www.foxtel.com.au/get/tv-combos/sports.html

$50/a month is about as cheap as you will get it, i have the same package with HD for $50/month but i had to sign up for a 6month contract. Pretty sure you can record on all IQ boxes.

Thanks for that. I called up this afternoon and they added an HD IQ box and platinum for the first month. I only plan on keeping it for a month or two. All at $50 a month. Offer is over at midnight tonight.

T

TOCC

Thanks for that. I called up this afternoon and they added an HD IQ box and platinum for the first month. I only plan on keeping it for a month or two. All at $50 a month. Offer is over at midnight tonight.

These no-contract deals are fanatic for events like the RWC.. They will be hoping you will like it that much that you will stay on.

These offers didn't exist 2 years ago, it's wonderful what a little competition in the market place does.. Thanks Netflix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

half

Alan Cameron (40)
Strewth

Do you know if the NRC is booked in future years. Hopefully the rating pick up the finals will I think.

I understand all the calender issues but running a competition at the business end of the NRL & AFL season and finals does present an issue in getting general media coverage and this must have some effect on ratings.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Strewth

Do you know if the NRC is booked in future years. Hopefully the rating pick up the finals will I think.

I understand all the calender issues but running a competition at the business end of the NRL & AFL season and finals does present an issue in getting general media coverage and this must have some effect on ratings.

The NRC was never going to set the house on fire. It is a very long-term proposition. Hopefully all parties understand that, and it is factored into the business model.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Strewth

I've only read that the nrc has been included in foxtel's new five year broadcast deal and there would be enough $$$ to keep the competition afloat.

Deal hasn't been signed though, or at least officially announced. Probably due to the uncertainty around Japan super team etc

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Who is in charge of the ARU media efforts and negotiations? The strategy may be helped by appointing a couple of consultants to sharpen the approach ...say of the ilk of Harold Mitchell , Sam Chìsolm, David hill and a social media guru type to round it off ..

Status
Not open for further replies.