• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v USA Eagles, 5th September, Soldier Field, Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Players that should be rested:-

Moore, Slipper, Fardy. Folau, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Kuridrani

Players that need game time:-

Simo, Toby Smith, Douglas, Palu, McMahon, Genia....I'll add Cooper to the list because we all know he's a confidence player

My team:-

1. Toby Smith
2. TPN
3. Holmes
4. Simo
5. Douglas
6. McCalman
7. Hooper
8. Palu
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Tomane
12. Giteau
13. Horne
14. Speight
15. Beale

16. Hansen
17. Sio
18. Kepu
19. Skelton
20. McMahon
21. Phipps
22. Foley
23. Mitchell

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I like that team although Cheika has indicated that Beale might start at 12. Personally I'd go the same way as you and rest Folau and start KB (Kurtley Beale) at 15.

I wonder if our agreement to play this match includes certain players being selected if they're fit? It's quite conceivable that we might not be able to rest Folau.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
yeah that's what I was wondering too. I would think USA rugby would be disappointed if Folau wasn't selected, but thems the breaks

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Players that should be rested:-

Moore, Slipper, Fardy. Folau, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Kuridrani

Players that need game time:-

Simo, Toby Smith, Douglas, Palu, McMahon, Genia..I'll add Cooper to the list because we all know he's a confidence player

My team:-

1. Toby Smith
2. TPN
3. Holmes
4. Simo
5. Douglas
6. McCalman
7. Hooper
8. Palu
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Tomane
12. Giteau
13. Horne
14. Speight
15. Beale

16. Hansen
17. Sio
18. Kepu
19. Skelton
20. McMahon
21. Phipps
22. Foley
23. Mitchell

That's a damned good team.

T

TOCC

From Wayne Smith on Twitter
Wallabies call up third hooker as James Hanson flies over to Chicago along with lock Sam Carter and Taqele Naiyarovovo.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Folau better play. His highlights reel has been heavily promoted in the #FillSoldierField campaign. Already had the CEO of USA Rugby retweet it along with several USA folk "favourite" the tweet.

#FILLSOLDIERFIELD Project Soldier Field

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
This is the thing, the way I see it we need to plan the upcoming games as follows:

- Sat 5th Sep vs USA - Mixture of A and B Team
- Wed 23rd Sep vs Fiji - A Team
- Sun 27th Sep v Uruguay - B Team
- Sat 3rd October v England - A Team
- Sat 10th October v Wales - A Team

Then obviously 3 more games 1 week apart with the A Team after that (if we get that far). So 5 games in 5 1/2 weeks for the top team. They can handle that.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I agree about Hooper. McMahon to start at 7 and Mumm to be the bench loosie.

Looks like Alphabet will get his token cap..

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Folau better play. His highlights reel has been heavily promoted in the #FillSoldierField campaign. Already had the CEO of USA Rugby retweet it along with several USA folk "favourite" the tweet.

#FILLSOLDIERFIELD Project Soldier Field

The Soldier Field twitter account has tweeted a 35% discount code that applies to the majority of seats. A retweet of that from the GAGR account may help the cause.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
They should rest both Pocock and Hooper, no point in risking those.

In fact I'd rest the entire front row, To'omua and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) too.

No way could they risk playing TPN or Moore, Hanson will need to start if he's there.

Douglas and Simmon need game time. McMahon at 7. Genia and Horne need game time too post-injury.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
It's not in an official test window so there isn't the requirement that it is on FTA under the anti-siphoning rules.

It's the same as the final EOYT test in 2013 and 2014 where we played an extra match outside the test window and it wasn't broadcast on FTA.

Well, fuck that then. I'm going camping.,

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
It's not in an official test window so there isn't the requirement that it is on FTA under the anti-siphoning rules.

It's the same as the final EOYT test in 2013 and 2014 where we played an extra match outside the test window and it wasn't broadcast on FTA.
All Wallaby matches are on the antisiphoning list, there's no exclusion for test windows or anything like that.

What is special about these matches is that they are not part of the rights that foxtel own and onset to ten. They are separate events.

The FTA channels would have had the opportunity to get the rights in addition to the ones they already have paid for. They have just chosen to not pay the price that the rights holder have wanted.

Tahtrajic

Ted Fahey (11)
All Wallaby matches are on the antisiphoning list, there's no exclusion for test windows or anything like that.

What is special about these matches is that they are not part of the rights that foxtel own and onset to ten. They are separate events.

The FTA channels would have had the opportunity to get the rights in addition to the ones they already have paid for. They have just chosen to not pay the price that the rights holder have wanted.
I'm not surprised 10 isn't showing it as 9 has the rights to the World Cup and are showing all of the wallabies matches. Not that I'll be watching their coverage as it was crap last time around. The rugby is one of the main reasons I have Foxtel so I'm good with it being on Fox.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
The Soldier Field twitter account has tweeted a 35% discount code that applies to the majority of seats. A retweet of that from the GAGR account may help the cause.

Omar Comin' thanks for that. I'll put it in the next set of Tweets to Gagger to go out in our wee campaign, in case he hasn't already picked up on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.