• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Horan-Little Shield Record

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Yep. The Thursday crowds in general could do with a bit more - it would be something special targeted to that game.

On the other hand, in this publicity-starved competition (also overshadowed by the RWC) maybe it needs all guns firing. Since "Horan-Little" practically spells Toowoomba, having City snub Country up there would generate an anti-City vibe!

Not necessarily a bad thing, mind you. ;) But for that reason alone I think the Shield will be put on the line for that game.

I stand by my points for not wanting to see away challenges become common, but suspect it may have to be a call of "wait" on this one.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I don't even like the idea of away games becoming automatic defences after 2 home defences! There shouldn't be an 'easier' way to get your grubby mitts on the shield.
Keep it in the cabinet this week City; let it gather just a little bit of that beautiful Ballymore dust. It's ours now and we fucking hang on to it.

T

Train Without a Station

What do you care? You're not gonna be reading about the Rams anytime soon in this thread mate!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Well, some of us have a greater goal than touching our siblings and giving Richard Graham back rubs.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Right. So we won't be able to win the fucking thing until Round 9.

Have to take it, and the minor premiership, on the same day. At Ballymore. FFS. My daughter's birthday organised for the next day so quite inconvenient...

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yup, Agreed.

And it looks like one of them is engraved too, so maybe 2014 has got a gig on there after all.

(For mine, I don't think it should - but not too bothered if it's the case). :)

CNimYyrUwAAvx85.jpg:large

pic: @garethwasik twitter

It looks like the "pre-History" is being recognised. The engraved shield says "2014 Melbourne Rising".

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
It looks like the "pre-History" is being recognised. The engraved shield says "2014 Melbourne Rising".
Hmmm. But when did they win it?

And possibly only the end of year holder engraved? - This second question is the bigger one.

Wouldn't support it, but wasn't too fazed by the prospect of the "prehistory" going on there as per your earlier post. But if there's only one team engraved per year then we may as well just have a minor premiership trophy instead.

Guess we just go with the info Reg has been given and hope he's received the good oil.

For mine:

1. All winners engraved.
2. No compulsory away defences (scrap the two home D limit).
3. No prehistory.

(in order of priority)

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
I think what should be recorded is: Team, Year(s), #Games.

The Number of Games—as the holder—includes the loss that ends the reign. So if the Rays won this week (and defended in Rounds 6 and 8 and then lost in Round 1 next year) the record would be:

MEL, 2015, 2
BNE, 2015, 1
NHR, 2015-16, 3

Don't need to engrave the No. of games, though. I mean you could if you wanted but it looks cleaner without (also removes a source of error by miscounting). So the first little shield IMO would have the following engraved:

-----------------​
2015​
Melbourne Rising​
2015​
Brisbane City​
2015-16​
North Harbour Rays​
-----------------​

That's with 3 holders carved per little shield. You could have only 2 instead:

-----------------​
2015​
Melbourne​
Rising​
2015​
Brisbane​
City​
-----------------​
2015-16​
North Harbour​
Rays​
-----------------​

although with just 1 it would probably fill them up too quickly.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Brisbane City defeat North Harbour Rays by 55 - 29 to retain the Shield.

For the Record
Brisbane City 55 defeated North Harbour Rays 29 at Ballymore Stadium, Brisbane on 10 September 2015
Brisbane City (Penalty Try, L. Gill (2), M. Tela, S. Kerevi (2), N. Frisby, J. Laloifi Tries; J. McIntyre (3), H. Taefu (2) Cons)
North Harbour Rays ( J. Holmes, A. Northam, T. Hill, H. Bergelin Tries; H. Angus, R. Hodge (2) Cons)

At the end of 2015, the annotation on the mini Shield could read:
Melbourne Rising - 1
Brisbane City - 2*

*more to come

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Brisbane City defeat NSW Country Eagles by 61 - 29 to retain the Shield.

For the Record
Brisbane City 61 defeated NSW Country Eagles 29 at Ballymore Stadium, Brisbane on 20 September 2015
Brisbane City 61 (S. Higginbotham, C. Neville, K. Hunt, J. Laloifi, C. Kuridrani, S. Kerevi (2), A. Gibbon Tries; J. McIntyre (7) cons) defeated NSW Country Eagles 29 (J. Pennington, P. Tuala (2), B. Roods tries; J. Lance (2), D. Harvey cons)

Melbourne Rising - 1
Brisbane City - 3*

*more to come

CPVFzqbUkAATCgQ.jpg

Pic: @BuildcorpNRC twitter

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Brisbane City defeat NSW Country Eagles by 61 - 29 to retain the Shield.

For the Record
Brisbane City 61 defeated NSW Country Eagles 29 at Ballymore Stadium, Brisbane on 20 September 2015
Brisbane City 61 (S. Higginbotham, C. Neville, K. Hunt, J. Laloifi, C. Kuridrani, S. Kerevi (2), A. Gibbon Tries; J. McIntyre (7) cons) defeated NSW Country Eagles 29 (J. Pennington, P. Tuala (2), B. Roods tries; J. Lance (2), D. Harvey cons)

Melbourne Rising - 1
Brisbane City - 3

*more to come

Fixed.

So the Rams won't get their name on it this year because they're not getting a chance to defend it?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It's up tomorrow night v the Stars. If we win there then it will be up the following week v the Vikings. Rams a long way off.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Brisbane City defeat Sydney Stars by 58 - 0 to retain the Shield.

For the Record
Brisbane City 58 defeated Sydney Stars 0 at Leichhardt Oval, Sydney on 2 October 2015
Brisbane City 58 (S. Higginbotham, K. Hunt, J. Laloifi (4), C. Kuridrani, W Setu Tries; J. McIntyre (6) cons) defeated Sydney Stars 0

Melbourne Rising - 1
Brisbane City - 4*

*more to come

CQTvcyPUcAEoEu1.jpg

Pic: @BuildcorpNRC twitter

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Brisbane City defeat UC Vikings by 37 - 31 to retain the Shield.

For the Record
Brisbane City 37 defeated UC Vikings 31 at Viking Park, Canberra on 10 October 2015
Brisbane City 37 (P. Paraka, J. Laloifi, B. Hyne, K. Hunt, L. Gill tries: J. McIntyre (4) cons)
Canberra Vikings 31 (J. Butler, R. Abel, R. Iona, A. Anae, L. Lealua-iali'i-Makin tries: C. Leali'ifano (2) con)
CQ7jSSQUEAAeFzq.jpg

Pic Source: @BuildcorpNRC twitter

#CanberraChic dress standards for the H-L Shield Presentation.

Melbourne Rising - 1
Brisbane City - 5*

*more to come

CQ7iIGJU8AAoG_u.jpg

Pic: @steve_l15 twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.