• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 10 5 Sep 15
1st & 2nd XV – E v J, K v S, N v I
3rd XV – Round 9 – E v J, K v S, N v I, G v H, A Bye

Tips:
1st XV: J, S, N
3rd XV: J, S, I, G

Tipping Competition Format:
J,S,N,J,K,N,J,S,I,G

The has been

Allen Oxlade (6)
New v Shore
What a start to the game up 5 -0 after 20 mins. The Shore forwards scored off the back of a ruck after 10 mins. The Shore supporters were stunned!
The New backs were being held in check with solid defence by Sam Allen 12 and Lachie Patrick 13. Sam Allen was a revelation at 12 stopping New Captain Cam Murray from running amuck as he did in their first encounter. New looked frustrated but then changed the game plan to take it up the middle through the forwards. This is when the game opened up,The Shore ruck defence was lacking and soon they had racked up 29 points before half time .
New's #8 Lawson was outstanding in this period scoring 3 tries following on the heals of Story and Mannix up front. Winger Tyrone T was a beneficiary of this go forward ball scoring 2 tries.The 2nd half Shore came back strongly but kept making mistakes and giving the ball back to New.
Shore hardly made a third phase on any play, even on free kicks they had no plan or plays and virtually gave the ball back to New on the next phase.No need to invite this New team to play,they took these opportunities and punished the Shoremens lack of discipline.
Towards the end Harry Cudmore scored a great intercept runaway try. End Result 55-12. Best for Shore ,Sam Allen,why hasn't he been here all year, Lachie Patrick, Fergus Bragg, Rory Suttor ,Best for New, #8 Lawson, 2nd Row Charlie Mannix, Tyrone the winger,5/8 Bailey Simonsson and #7 Cam Clifford.

factanonverba

Frank Row (1)
Some confusion as to the players identities in the View v Scots game not aided by the incorrect programme details.....Jack McGregor did not play (adductor issue) , replaced by Lenehan....Xavier Fitzpatrick played as number 4 (not Tracey) for View but his name inexplicably left off programme (He can be seen as the lineout jumper setting up the two rolling maul tries). Tries from Mauls not scored by Alex Hamilton. View had the opportunity to push the first half score to 32 if they had taken two kickable penalties but instead opted for set plays which led to turnovers which the Scots boys capitalized on.

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
If you watch the video from SideSteppa you can see in fact, Chris Scott scores both tries but clearly I'm seeing different to you..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply #3, GG.

GG, just to let you know I flagged the incorrect try attribution to LG, and he's going to correct the Blog piece and scoring summary to Chris Scott (6).

Now, as towhat the RV Ground Announcer was watching or being 'fed', am not sure, but he may not have been any better sighted than me down at the far end with the ruck of bodies driving for the line!

Cheers, CJ

Rugby from the backrow

Sydney Middleton (9)
Thanks scoop . Agreed with all particularly the structure of the defence but not re 8 in cover . Not sure that was ever part of union and even league now are more likely to have the half in cover .

Who's scoop?
No.8 cover defence not part of Union??
Now you tell me!
After playing No.8 for 20 years I now find out that I was doing the wrong thing all that time!

deez ebola nuts

Peter Burge (5)
With the season slowly winding down all I can say is WOW what a season, favourite memories anyone?? mine personally would be the Kings upset on View or the memorable run on for Adam Goodman against Kings.

Biggie out.

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
The form-guide says there'll be a shared 1st XV Premiership at the end of Saturday - Scots and Newington. Who'd seriously doubt it after the 9 Rounds gone?

Shore and Joeys can no longer influence the outcome of this year's Comp, though Shore at home can tie up bragging rights on the Season's Best BBQ award.

Otherwise, there's still all kinds of "Maybe"s that remain to be answered.

Maybe you'd have thought that Scots playing away at Kings has the easier of the final draws, than Newington playing at home on their big "Back to Newington" Day, hosting visiting Riverview.

Maybe that had been the thinking, right up until Kings in Round 8 tore the Riverview lads a new one, beating them well in the end, 33-17. So, Kings playing at home again in this final Round 10, will be no easy meat for the Bellevue Hill lads.

Maybe Riverview will reflect on their first half, 3-try, lead over Scots just last Saturday, and know that if they can maintain that kind of play for the full 70', leveraging off their set pieces and defending across the line like the Lord of The Rings' Rohirrim in the Battle of Helm's Deep, they can indeed both redeem their narrow first round loss to New and pull off a massive final season upset.

Or maybe there's nothing much either of the underdogs can really do, and it's all been divined this way because there was never meant to be just one in sole possession of the Schools Challenge Trophy at the end of this 2015 Rugby season, any more so than there was meant to be an outright winner when the two chief protagonists last met a touch over three weeks ago in their Round 6, 17-all "kiss your sister" result at Stanmore.

But if an upset does loom at either of North Parramatta or Stanmore on Saturday arvo, then maybe we will get to run on the adrenaline of it all, with furious texting of updated scores sending mobile phone plans into meltdown, and for all the 2015 chockys to go to the other team that does hold its nerve and their game.

For mine, though, even with the work still needing to be done, form-guides are the way they are for good reasons, and "upsets" are aptly named.

So, for this final Round 10,
Joeys by 24.
Scots by 14.
New by 14.
Scots and New to share the Premiership Trophy for 2015, and

Much thanks to all the GPS 1st XV players through the season, whether you got named in the Programmes or not! You've played some magnificent Rugby throughout, and no doubt more on Saturday; you've given great pleasure to thousands of spectators, and you've done yourselves, your coaches, your Schools and your sport, proud.
Bravo. Well done to you all, and best of luck on Saturday.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Much thanks to all the GPS 1st XV players through the season, whether you got named in the Programmes or not! You've played some magnificent Rugby throughout, and no doubt more on Saturday; you've given great pleasure to thousands of spectators, and you've done yourselves, your coaches, your Schools and your sport, proud.
Bravo. Well done to you all, and best of luck on Saturday.

Top preview CJ. Nailed the scenarios, in my opinion. But best bit is repeated above. And would add that I hope you all appreciate what a privilege is it to be given an opportunity to play in this competition and go thank your Mums and Dads.

Brentwood

Stan Wickham (3)
11.PNG

Major Rennie

Herbert Moran (7)
Can of worms perhaps as is a contentious observation....Scots leading Firsts comp and running dead last in the Seconds on 1 point. I cannot comment as am not familiar with the school though begs the question how this happens.

MR

Hello

Stan Wickham (3)
Joey's are leading the 2nd's and 3rd's comp outright, the worst they can do is joint premiers if they loose.

And Joey's 1st XV a close 3rd behind New & Scots.

Anyway well done to Joey's rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.