• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ranfurly Shield, ITM Cup & Heartland Championship: NZ domestic comps 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
'naki 17-10 Steelers, both now 1/4 for the season. This is the Steelers' double-up week, home to BOP on Sunday.

Highlights:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well Zac has got a month off for his tip tackle last week, thought he'd get about that.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Even the NZRU judiciary is a farce.

New Zealand Rugby duty judicial officer Chris Morris indicated a low-end entry point for the punishment, but added two weeks as a deterrent for these type of tackles.
He then took two weeks off the punishment due to Guildford's remorse, admission of responsibility and clean on-field judicial record.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
'naki 17-10 Steelers, both now 1/4 for the season. This is the Steelers' double-up week, home to BOP on Sunday.

Highlights:

Wasted my time watching that game last night. Only saving grace was that I watched the Cantab v Turbos game straight after :)

Counties skills and execution was shockingly bad. Not just weather affected, but no respect for the ball. Some of Tana's tactics in those conditions were off as well.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
In deference to Waikato steamrolling my local team the BOP last week, I have been drinking Waikato Draught this week. Fortunately it hasn't been much of a punishment as I have quite enjoyed it.

The BOP play the Steelers this week - what beer will I need to buy should the unthinkable happen?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The BOPpers jumpers are a little too much like The Corporation for mine, and they keep trying to steal the name "The Bay" from the Gimblett Gravellers - Hawkes Bay - The one and only "The Bay".

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Makos 34-17 Hogs, Tasman back on top of the Premiership.

The BOPpers a little too much like The Corporation for mine, and they keep trying to steal the name "The Bay" from the Gimblett Gravellers - Hawkes Bay - The one and only "The Bay".

Try telling that to someone from Gisborne (Poverty BAY), Nelson (Tasman BAY), Collingwood (Golden BAY) or Waitangi (BAY of Islands), not to mention the probably hundreds of lesser BAYS such as Palliser.........

In deference to Waikato steamrolling my local team the BOP last week, I have been drinking Waikato Draught this week. Fortunately it hasn't been much of a punishment as I have quite enjoyed it.

The BOP play the Steelers this week - what beer will I need to buy should the unthinkable happen?

Jesus freaking Christ, mate, did I not specifically cite Waikato as something to be avoided? Pretty sure I've seen Speight's signage at Pukekohe Stadium, go with that if it all goes pear-shaped on Sunday is my advice.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Working today so will miss the early & mid-afternoon games but really looking forward to Magpies v Harbour which is also a Shield challenge. Bay should be way too good but funny things happen in Shield matches.............

Mighty 'nua v Poverty Bay, boys badly need a win as currently we're second-last & struggling to make the Lochore Cup SF.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
FT Aucks 50-28 Mooloos.

Heartland results:

Wanganui 40-10 North Otago
Wairarapa Bush 14-13 Buller
Thames Valley 50-13 East Coast
South Canty 40-24 West Coast
Mid Canty 25-17 King Country

Match of the Round 'nua 54-26 Poverty Bay, Brandyn Laursen equalling the record match points haul for 'nua with 29. Finally a decent ref, clearly :)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
HT Bay 20-15 Harbour after being 20-5 not so long ago: two tries each but Halangahu just 2/6 from the tee c.f. West 4/4.

Status
Not open for further replies.