• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
As I tell my girlfriend RH, you can get yourself all worked up over it, but what's that going to achieve?

I've sent my email opting out of my membership for 2016. Getting all worked up over it will only get me bothered with no gain after that.

I've also replied to their promotional email requesting to opt out and stop the auto renewal.

Problem is though, I have previously sent 3 other emails with the same request. Obviously they haven't bothered to adjust their billing mechanism as yet.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
What's their track record Intruder? Are they strong enough to be able to ensure that they get their ideas/plans implemented? One has to wonder about Steve Meehan, the last attack coach - he had a good record but couldn't seemingly get his way.

Not so sure about a good record. He coached QLD Country last year and the attack was terrible.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
What's their track record Intruder? Are they strong enough to be able to ensure that they get their ideas/plans implemented? One has to wonder about Steve Meehan, the last attack coach - he had a good record but couldn't seemingly get his way.

His record with the Force was poor! But I guess everyone just said "its down to Foley, no attack coach can survive there, he'll be better when he gets here". But he wasn't.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Meehan did have one game at the start of his tenure at the Force where he actually had them moving the ball and attacking. That was against the Rebels, and it was good to watch.

Despite scoring several tries, the Force were pipped in that match and we never saw Smeeball again from the Western Force. Bit of a shame really, when you look at the game they play now. Bottom of the ladder and with rubbish rugby that is worse than the Reds. If we're being honest, that's why Foley boned out at the Waratahs.

Meehan had attacking rugby at Bath. I reckon he'll be a part of an attacking setup at Toulon. Should that be the measure?

Or should working under Axel Foley and Dick Graham be the yardstick?

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
As I tell my girlfriend RH, you can get yourself all worked up over it, but what's that going to achieve?

I've sent my email opting out of my membership for 2016. Getting all worked up over it will only get me bothered with no gain after that.

Hmmmm TWAS. I wonder if you applied this sober and considered rule when your girlfriend declaimed 'Shit TWAS, Big Kev's not in the RWC squad, what do you think of that?'.

I rather recall a wide range of protesting posts from you on this important subject, and, as you indirectly advised me, I doubt Chek or Pulver are following our every contribution to these esteemed pages with a view to amending squads and such like.

T

Train Without a Station

I agree RH, but that was a discussion of merit with disagreements and factual considerations to discuss. Nobody disagrees with what you are saying. And we have actions we can take here. Parse and I have taken ours.

If we were to discuss the merits and failings of the coaching staff (and potential staff) we would actually have discussions points that we could all discuss.

But right now it's a pointless discussion because we are all just reiterate what we have all agreed on aren't we?

nick_

Allen Oxlade (6)
Anthony is one of my favourite players but the game has to move on. I will miss his screaming out to the defensive players to do their job and think the Reds have missed his organisational skills but backs need to score and I think most would agree that Kerevi offers more to the team.

Just as Kerevi proved himself at NRC level and then at S15 I am hoping that Parese can do the same for the 15 position next season.

Who knows, the NRC might be the most valuable thing the Reds have going for them

Except who plays 13 then?

Indigo Wolf

Frank Row (1)
I honestly I don't see much of an improvement, maybe even a downgrade because of aging. Looks like we're headed for another long year, guys. Brace yourselves!

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
its pretty frustrating not knowing what is happening with our players. Quade still hasnt announced what hes even doing, we have no idea what O'Connors up to, and we still dont have anything more then speculation about new signings.

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
RG's strategic plans for Reds for 2016:

Plan A Remain as coach for start 2016
Plan B Remain as coach for mid season 2016
Plan C Remain as coach for end 2016

Tsk Tsk you forgot..

Plan D Ensure leadership in the high performance review and re-appoint yourself coach for 2017

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Gareth Anscombe for 10? He didn't get named in Welsh squad and that seemed like half his reason for going? Wishful thinking

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Gareth Anscombe for 10? He didn't get named in Welsh squad and that seemed like half his reason for going? Wishful thinking

Where did you hear that or is just your imagination? I like him. I've seen some good perfomances of him in Chiefs.

He's young, has experience at Super Rugby level. I really like this guy, I thought that he would be an All Black quickly.

I would like a long-term contract for him and commit to play for Australia

Update: He has played a test for Wales :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Good luck in Europe, Gareth ;)

T

Train Without a Station

I've also replied to their promotional email requesting to opt out and stop the auto renewal.

Problem is though, I have previously sent 3 other emails with the same request. Obviously they haven't bothered to adjust their billing mechanism as yet.

I got a response today saying it was terminated and my seats would be held until November.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Where did you hear that or is just your imagination? I like him. I've seen some good perfomances of him in Chiefs.

He's young, has experience at Super Rugby level. I really like this guy, I thought that he would be an All Black quickly.

I would like a long-term contract for him and commit to play for Australia

Update: He has played a test for Wales :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Good luck in Europe, Gareth ;)

He has definitely missed the Welsh RWC side but will be on injury call up standby I'm sure. No idea what his contract status is for next year but if we are looking at an import 10 then we could do a lot worse than him. Solid Super Rugby 10 and good goal kicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.