• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Yes 7 was out also and a prop. 30 point turn around by GT from last year -congrats.
7 was awarded best player in under 13 last year and has not played a GPS game this year.(broken arm).
His middle brother was to play 9 in 1st xv but has also not played a game (broken ankle).
The eldest brother made Qld 2 & plays his last 1st xv match at 10 on weekend (He was the boy on Fox rugby who scored the spin try against TGS).
Wonderful family.

Gee you BBC guys are good, going on all season about GT adding new boys to the 14A's while all along you bought in a much bigger 'name' to strengthen your super side - you certainly kept that quiet.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
BGS were not allowed to run onto Northgate No.1 on the weekend after their win over IGS. It is new GPS legislation which prohibits students running onto the field. This is just plain ignorance and egotism from the Churchie supporters - disrespecting the efforts of the opposition and the nature in which GPS sport should be played.

So dispiriting for a simple bloke like me when one's protests are proven in vain.

The Wounded Pride Rule has has apparently now become 'legislation'!

The QLD parliament rumour has it is meeting in session to vote on it on the very eve of Round 9. Can you believe it, it's escalated to this extent!

Given the likely legislation, the QLD Minister of Police considers the squad under-resourced for each and every GPS Ists game in 2016 and has stated that he'll have to recruit to ensure there's enough cops to still police the streets on Saturday arvos. (Reportedly he's stated over a beer at the Brisbane Club that Churchie's his men's biggest worry.)

(I should add that I've been told a leading politician's son - secretly at a GPS school as his dad's Labor through and through - had a middle toe broken at the outer crush rim of a recklessly running on bunch of school boys and this sealed the fate of 'the rule' - such travesties compelled the need for an Act of Parliament to deal with this highly contentious matter, once and for all.)

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
BBC 14A Team list v TSS Round2, 2015.

1.M Basil
2.H Barnett
3.R Bowyer
4.C Doe
5.H Middleton
6.L Bourne
7.L Plazibat
8.J Gallagher
9.H Walker
10.Carter Gordon
11.D Hulme
12.T Payne
13.M Stirling
14.S Ma'afu
15.E Coulston

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
The mail I have from ippy parents is coaches in IGS 13s have created a strong culture within the teams. Two coaches have coached the boys since grade 5. Only 2 big boys added to A side this year. BSHS side is much bigger than IGS, I put it down to coaching and culture.

I think the BSHS coaches pretty impressive most of the boys I know in that team have only played rugby this year 7 or 8 games ...so to get close to the ippy team ...they must be doing something right...surely we arent going to compare coaches now on this... lets just applaud every coach of all ages that give up their time... really come on

bear

Herbert Moran (7)
Predictions for the GT versus BSHS u/14 game. I notice that the BSHS team haven't lost to many games in the previous couple of years. I don't think GT gave them much heartache last year.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Awesome talent from GT and BBC coming through in 13's and 14's - great to see!
Couple that with IGS and State High 13s and it could be a changing of the guard in GPS rugby in the next 2 to 3 years.
Now that would be nice to see.
Until TSS bring the U20's Titans team in to do year 12 for the third time!!

i am not so sure about the changing of the guard. TSS have never really been strong in 13 & 14 s because they do not bring players in until grade 10- many from NSW who are a year older so by the time they get to 1st xv they are 18. who is top in 16 As this year ? TSS
Further most of their firsts will be from boarders from Nth NSW - a huge recruiting ground of league stars from Lismore , Ballina, Coffs harbour.
Great system - been working since2002.
Also works in cricket as TSS have won last 3 premierships and a country boy from Nth NSW scored most runs last 2 years.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
Gee you BBC guys are good, going on all season about GT adding new boys to the 14A's while all along you bought in a much bigger 'name' to strengthen your super side - you certainly kept that quiet.

Bigger name?
The new GT 13 was Best on ground. And as Mr Barker will tell you; the cousins of BBC 15 will be joining Vua at GT next year. They were in that City team you talk about .
gee you guys are good :)

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Predictions for the GT versus BSHS u/14 game. I notice that the BSHS team haven't lost to many games in the previous couple of years. I don't think GT gave them much heartache last year.

Will be a good game, the GT team is a much better TEAM than last year and will prove very difficult to beat - having said that IF they played their 'GF' last weekend BSHS are more than capable of bringing them back down to earth.

I'll say GT by 10

BAG

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
The new GT 13 was Best on ground.

Really?? have a look at the video again - 12, 15, 6 and 7 were GT's best. 13 was an impact player no doubt, but the groundwork was clearly laid by those inside him.

Have a look at the quick ball won by 12 and 7 that isolated 13 on slower forwards for his try. 6, 7 and 8 dominated first phase and their defense snuffed out BBC forward momentum, 12 's straight running and recycled ball was the basis for much of GT's platform, his defense was superb and had some nice offloads too. 15's defense and positional play was spot on and crucial at nullifying BBC's obvious speed advantage outwide.

Rugby is whole lot more than running into gaps :)

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)
Bigger name?
The new GT 13 was Best on ground. And as Mr Barker will tell you; the cousins of BBC 15 will be joining Vua at GT next year. They were in that City team you talk about .
gee you guys are good :)

Gee everyone jumps onto flashy backs band wagon... Best on ground was GT #7 without a doubt. Some massive plays from him, and a work rate second to none.

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
i am not so sure about the changing of the guard. TSS have never really been strong in 13 & 14 s because they do not bring players in until grade 10- many from NSW who are a year older so by the time they get to 1st xv they are 18. who is top in 16 As this year ? TSS
Further most of their firsts will be from boarders from Nth NSW - a huge recruiting ground of league stars from Lismore , Ballina, Coffs harbour.
Great system - been working since2002.
Also works in cricket as TSS have won last 3 premierships and a country boy from Nth NSW scored most runs last 2 years.

B&W that is my precise point see the last sentence of my post. But we haven't seen teams as good as these 4 or 5 from any school in 13s and 14s for a long time.
TSS and NC are going to have to recruit bloody well in Year 11 in a couple of years time.
Are we agreeing again? Crikey wonders will never cease!

behindthescenes

Allen Oxlade (6)
So dispiriting for a simple bloke like me when one's protests are proven in vain.

The Wounded Pride Rule has has apparently now become 'legislation'!

The QLD parliament rumour has it is meeting in session to vote on it on the very eve of Round 9. Can you believe it, it's escalated to this extent!

Given the likely legislation, the QLD Minister of Police considers the squad under-resourced for each and every GPS Ists game in 2016 and has stated that he'll have to recruit to ensure there's enough cops to still police the streets on Saturday arvos. (Reportedly he's stated over a beer at the Brisbane Club that Churchie's his men's biggest worry.)

(I should add that I've been told a leading politician's son - secretly at a GPS school as his dad's Labor through and through - had a middle toe broken at the outer crush rim of a recklessly running on bunch of school boys and this sealed the fate of 'the rule' - such travesties compelled the need for an Act of Parliament to deal with this highly contentious matter, once and for all.)

you've lost the plot.. i feel for you.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
B&W that is my precise point see the last sentence of my post. But we haven't seen teams as good as these 4 or 5 from any school in 13s and 14s for a long time.
TSS and NC are going to have to recruit bloody well in Year 11 in a couple of years time.
Are we agreeing again? Crikey wonders will never cease!

Yes we are agreeing.
And I have a favour to ask.Can you do a round 8 preview.As other people have commented;they are very good.
IMO the ACGS Range Rovers trip to Brassall was your best: I still laugh about it today.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Well, re this so-called GPS rule, whatever, it's the silliest thing since a pavlova without passionfruit.

Obviously GPS directors of rugby have far too much time on their hands these days and are too often seen to be studying that infamous Victorian tome of 1894: 'The Essential Requirement to Contain the Pleasures and Exuberances of Schoolboys in the Interests of Improved Social Conduct and General Restraint and Decorum'.

I will henceforth in all applicable communications refer to this rule as 'The Nudgee College Wounded Pride Rule (With Details for Selective Implementation Depending Upon Who Wins and Loses Where)'.
You can call it what you will RedsHappy. You saw the video; didn't look convincingly safe to me. And if your son was injured during the rush, YOU would be the first person onto the Nudgee Insurance company, wouldn't you?

No respect. Everything you said was refuted by the video. So some "do-gooder" may have a good point (for once!)? As Samoan No. 8 said and I agree "This is just plain ignorance and egotism from the Churchie supporters - disrespecting the efforts of the opposition and the nature in which GPS sport should be played." But then again what has changed? Churchie have had a win at all costs attitude as long as I have known. It was evident at the NC game this year.

Not happy with calling me a bad sport, your comments are now inferring that Nudgee College are bad sports.......interesting. Well RedsHappy is everyone that you don't agree with a bad sport?

An old Dutch saying you may like:

One bag of humility is worth 6 bags of excessive pride and 12 bags of pretentiousness.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
( I vividly remember the centenary match in 1991:10-15 deep right around the paddock).

I played in that match. It was a pretty bloody special experience.

One thing you may know, I note that this weekends game will be for the St Joseph's Cup, which is new. I thought there was a new trophy back in 1991? Dr Bill Coleman and someone else donated it. It's obviously not played for anymore?

Legend of the 80's

Bob McCowan (2)
I played in that match. It was a pretty bloody special experience.

One thing you may know, I note that this weekends game will be for the St Joseph's Cup, which is new. I thought there was a new trophy back in 1991? Dr Bill Coleman and someone else donated it. It's obviously not played for anymore?

The St. Joseph's Cup will be for the school that wins the most matches. So whether you are 13e's or 1st XV a win will count to who takes home the trophy. The cup will be launched the Official St. Joseph's Lunch being jointly by Terrace and Nudgee Rugby Supporters Groups. Great initiative by two great schools.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
BBC 14A Team list v TSS Round2, 2015.

1.M Basil
2.H Barnett
3.R Bowyer
4.C Doe
5.H Middleton
6.L Bourne
7.L Plazibat
8.J Gallagher
9.H Walker
10.Carter Gordon
11.D Hulme
12.T Payne
13.M Stirling
14.S Ma'afu
15.E Coulston

Hang on is that another new boy from the Sunshine Coast in 12 - What position did he playing on Saturday 12???

Wow that is at least two 'rep players' added to the 14a squad in 2015.

;-)

Old Red

Allen Oxlade (6)
Gee everyone jumps onto flashy backs band wagon. Best on ground was GT #7 without a doubt. Some massive plays from him, and a work rate second to none.
Totally agree, I have been saying that for years now.
Most can not and will not see this sort of kid, more often than not they bag them, when in actual fact this type of play is invaluable to a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.