• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I got a response today saying it was terminated and my seats would be held until November.

.......just in case you changed your mind.

The Reds membership lady I spoke to to cancel my 2 Plat seats said 'we've had a lot a of very upset and aggressive calls from Members not renewing'.

Plus, btw, they had a standard script re RG along the lines of:

- 'the Board conducted a long and very considered process that reviewed over 20 candidates before deciding RG was the right HC for the Reds' and

- 'if the Highlanders had dumped J Joseph a few years ago when his team was low in the tables they might not have gotten the results they did this year with JJ winning the comp after 5 years as HC....'

T

Train Without a Station

- 'if the Highlanders had dumped J Joseph a few years ago when his team was low in the tables they might not have gotten the results they did this year with JJ winning the comp after 5 years as HC..'

You could mention that the 'Landers didn't have the quality results and previously successful players as part of the roster when Joseph started but I'd imagine the point would be lost on the people just manning the phones.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
You could mention that the 'Landers didn't have the quality results and previously successful players as part of the roster when Joseph started but I'd imagine the point would be lost on the people just manning the phones.

Totally right, and I did mention that. But it was all a pre-given script from on high, it was not the place for a discussion of factual matters.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
As the Reds Call Centre folk quote the Highlanders "5 years to success" rule, then it looks like you have another couple of years of RG to go.

Strap yourselves in, she's going to be a bumpy ride.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
He has definitely missed the Welsh RWC side but will be on injury call up standby I'm sure. No idea what his contract status is for next year but if we are looking at an import 10 then we could do a lot worse than him. Solid Super Rugby 10 and good goal kicker.

He missed out due to being injured in training so they weren't sure when he would be available for them and couldn't afford to carry an unavailable player. He only signed for Cardiff in 2014 and they said it was a long term deal - I don't think he would come back this way as his aim in going over there was to play for Wales, not just in the World Cup.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
As the Reds Call Centre folk quote the Highlanders "5 years to success" rule, then it looks like you have another couple of years of RG to go.

Strap yourselves in, she's going to be a bumpy ride.

That very thought crossed my mind when the J Joseph alleged analogy was mentioned so assertively. Chills ran down the spine when the penny dropped as to what this could mean.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Wasn't there a Welsh logo on the powerpoint from the Galah Ball?

I think the clip had the logos of all 6 nations from memory plus a few other tier one teams. Basically saying they were looking for a top level test import but haven't gotten anyone yet. That was my take.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I think the clip had the logos of all 6 nations from memory plus a few other tier one teams. Basically saying they were looking for a top level test import but haven't gotten anyone yet. That was my take.

Yeah, sounds like they've circled the wagons. I have not got any renewal notices yet, I have emailed and rung to cancel as soon as I heard about Woody, last I heard they would send me the info for renewal and it was up to me to cancel my membership according to whatever it says to do.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Maybe they should start up the Rod Kafer line that the Waratahs are in year 12 of their 5 year plan.

The key difference being is that the Shiraz Skullers and Canapé Connoisseurs on the NSWRU Board tended to trade the Coach in every couple of years, with at times scant regard for their coaching record.

The QRU board seems to have a Gollum like obsession with their Precious RG. Heaven help Australian Rugby if RG gets the reins of Team Red for 12 years to enact his 5 year plan.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
They received literally a few hundred requests for the cancellation of automatic renewals yesterday alone!..only a couple membership staff to go through each email, go the the database, make the changes to cancel, send a reply email, THEN they call each non-renewing member to 'double check' why they are not renewing.......do that 300 times..in one day.

I feel sorry for those staff having to make those tough phone calls and probably being on the receiving end of some rants on the back of such a heavy work load...

Jim Carmichaels wife I think is a senior staff member with memberships etc? pretty sure...plus calls can be recorded, so yeh...defs expected the scripted responses!

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
They received literally a few hundred requests for the cancellation of automatic renewals yesterday alone!..only a couple membership staff to go through each email, go the the database, make the changes to cancel, send a reply email, THEN they call each non-renewing member to 'double check' why they are not renewing...do that 300 times..in one day.

I feel sorry for those staff having to make those tough phone calls and probably being on the receiving end of some rants on the back of such a heavy work load.

Jim Carmichaels wife I think is a senior staff member with memberships etc? pretty sure.plus calls can be recorded, so yeh.defs expected the scripted responses!

So it's not just 'jobs for the boys' then, they are an equal opportunity nepotistic employer.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
That's a bit rough, we shouldn't speculate.
The memberships team would be getting belted atm. Not their fault.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
I feel sorry for the small membership team on the phones and emails. NOT their managers and definitely not the execs

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
You've never been recommended for a job by a friend Scoey?
That's a loaded question! Either I'm a hypocrite or not some kind of half wit that even my mates won't vouch for! ;)

But seriously, no I haven't. I've been in my current job for most of my working life and have got where I have off my own back.

But anyway, probably getting further off topic than we were.

Status
Not open for further replies.