• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Feel sorry for the poor, base wage staffers answering the phones. Would love to hear the recorded calls if JC or McCall had to man the phones for a day. That would be gold listening to them trying to hold to the scripted message.

pjm

Billy Sheehan (19)
Everyones a tough guy on the net, they'll probably just politely cancel their membership and cite financial concerns.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Everyones a tough guy on the net, they'll probably just politely cancel their membership and cite financial concerns.

I would hope that people take the polite option, I did. Ranting at the low level phone people on the Memberships crew is not cool. Not their fault that the Reds are so shit.

Having said that people can object without ranting. Perhaps the Reds management will engage more with ex members if enough politely not renew for 2016. It's management we need to talk too.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'm not on autorenewal and I haven't been sent a renewal package for next year. Pretty sure I had received one by this time last year.

I am one of the few on here that said I would still be a member for next year too (irespective of the coach)...

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Plus, btw, they had a standard script re RG along the lines of:

- 'the Board conducted a long and very considered process that reviewed over 20 candidates before deciding RG was the right HC for the Reds' '

I think they briefly considered about 7.3 Billion people for the position but stuck with their first and only option.

I actually think it is poor form to mention the other people considered, they should just say reasons why we have the best option available

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
I would hope that people take the polite option, I did. Ranting at the low level phone people on the Memberships crew is not cool. Not their fault that the Reds are so shit.

Having said that people can object without ranting. Perhaps the Reds management will engage more with ex members if enough politely not renew for 2016. It's management we need to talk too.

Maybe there's somewhere we can start a list of non-renewal people because of RG being given the job. I'd put my rugby id on such a list if it's for presenting to management.

I still think we also could make value out of any current member who's prepared to hold off their renewal 'til early next year as well. Nothing like putting a scare into the board if we get enough numbers.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
That's a loaded question! Either I'm a hypocrite or not some kind of half wit that even my mates won't vouch for! ;)

But seriously, no I haven't. I've been in my current job for most of my working life and have got where I have off my own back.

But anyway, probably getting further off topic than we were.

Sounds like a lay-down public servant.:p

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

The next step is a meeting with supporters and the coaching staff (april/may) where by the use of PowerPoint slides and statistics they will demonstrate how unlucky they have been.

This can followed by booing (although that may be deemed bullying in the "modern climate") as the Tahs model moves through the levels of hell until rock bottom is found.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
But giving your missus a gig is totally different,and to my mind inappropriate.

To be honest, I think it's pretty inappropriate to cast such accusations without knowing at all how she was hired or even if she even works there. I'd imagine these membership jobs are quite seasonal in nature and the full-timer count is quite low.

Would you still be so scathing if Carmichael's wife was a volunteer?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Maybe she's overqualified for the job and works there at a lower salary than she could achieve elsewhere because she wants to support the Reds/QRU and her husband?

Who knows? None of us it seems.

Just because she's the wife of the CEO doesn't in any way make it inappropriate. Realistically you'd have to say that the membership department of the Reds is the most successful unit within the organisation in recent years.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
They seriously have no idea at all.

RG for 1 year. Stiles for 2. O'Connor for 3.

O'Connor wasn't considered even good enough for an interview for HC yet he's worthy of a 3 year deal?

Burn the place down and start again.

T

Train Without a Station

Maybe she's overqualified for the job and works there at a lower salary than she could achieve elsewhere because she wants to support the Reds/QRU and her husband?

Who knows? None of us it seems.

Just because she's the wife of the CEO doesn't in any way make it inappropriate. Realistically you'd have to say that the membership department of the Reds is the most successful unit within the organisation in recent years.

Thank you for balance. We get to a ridiculous stage on this site where in accusing nepotism, we actually consider many candidates for many roles to be less qualified due to a relationship.

The simple fact is if you need to hire somebody for infers, it's more likely you'll be able to get somebody you know to take the role.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
They seriously have no idea at all.

RG for 1 year. Stiles for 2. O'Connor for 3.

O'Connor wasn't considered even good enough for an interview for HC yet he's worthy of a 3 year deal?

Burn the place down and start again.

Chances are one of them will step up 2017 season anway

T

Train Without a Station

That's what I was wondering about the O'Conner appointment. Many were advocating him as a HC option. Perhaps a 2017 option?

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Some interesting little tidbits from news.com.au's online coverage today of the M O'Connor sign-up:

The Reds Rugby Panel considered a number of local and international candidates to find someone who could help us deliver the best rugby program in Australia, Herbert said.

Does anyone here know who exactly is on this rather mysterious Panel that arose from the famous Independent Review process?

The Reds have beefed up their high-performance structure after a lengthy review highlighted how poor off-field recruitment had been to replace the staff who engineered their 2011 title year.

This is interesting. Whom exactly was responsible for this 'poor off-field recruitment' to replace the 2011 complement? Obviously, this alleged assessment concerned numerous parties, but not RG or JC.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Thank you for balance. We get to a ridiculous stage on this site where in accusing nepotism, we actually consider many candidates for many roles to be less qualified due to a relationship.

The simple fact is if you need to hire somebody for infers, it's more likely you'll be able to get somebody you know to take the role.

Be that as it may TWAS, most competent CEOs and boards (of entities that are not family-owned and thus have a mix of stakeholder types) know that employing direct family members into a business where a family member sits over them in seniority, or is in a key position generally, is fraught with issues of internal perception and objectivity of performance assessment and so on.

I know many CEOs, been one myself, and the majority of them/us would not employ a direct family member in our companies for these good reasons, and some more. Noting too that this disposition is partly in the perceived interests of the family member as well.

T

Train Without a Station

My iPhone autocorrected me, I wanted to say to hire somebody for unders. Which needs to be considered. Are they on a cushy well paid gig, or is it a hard job to fill?

Status
Not open for further replies.