• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane City - NRC Team Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Hard to call, as there will be swapping between teams from last year I reckon, but perhaps something like:
<snip>
Hooker: Matt Mafi, Andrew Ready

A few more spaces to fill. Centres and hooker and lock in particular.
Posters a while ago had written Chibba Hanson off as being in the Melbourne Rising Team on the back of his 2016 move to the Rebels.

He has not been named in the Rising Squad. He is not in the Wallaby marquee assignment to any NRC Franchise.

Will he be making a return appearance for the Brisbane City NRC team as one of the Hooker positions that were yet to be announced?

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Posters a while ago had written Chibba Hanson off as being in the Melbourne Rising Team on the back of his 2016 move to the Rebels.

He has not been named in the Rising Squad. He is not in the Wallaby marquee assignment to any NRC Franchise.

Will he be making a return appearance for the Brisbane City NRC team as one of the Hooker positions that were yet to be announced?

QRU said they don't want him. Don't even want him training at Ballymore. Rebels have already sorted their squad so it looks like he will end up with one of the NSW teams.... I think it's a matter of who has room in their squad. Handy pick-up for one of them.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
There's a small handful of Wallabies who haven't been allocated. Chibba is one, Toby is another. It'll be interesting to see if they do get allocated, given that there's a game before they leave for the States.

Red Galloper

Frank Nicholson (4)
I have a feeling City will win big Thursday night. Just hope they came up with a fan friendly jersey then I would actually invest in one.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
anyone know why Izaak Rodda isnt in either of the NRC squads? seems strange that hes in our WTS but not any of the NRC teams.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
anyone know why Izaak Rodda isnt in either of the NRC squads? seems strange that hes in our WTS but not any of the NRC teams.

He has just underwent surgery and will be out for the remained of the NRC alongside Luhkan Tui who will also undergo surgery

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
any more news on criff tupou? In the mic up of hunt - you can hear the trainer say he's done his medial.

and we should be expecting horwill and JOC (James O'Connor) back soon? JOC (James O'Connor) back from soreness and horwill coming back from USA?

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Side named for Sunday, no mention of Horwill, but Karmichael Hunt and Liam Gill are back, strong looking team:
McInnes Wilson Lawyers Brisbane City side to play Queensland Country in Andy Purcell Cup clash

1. Pettowa Paraka – Reds/Easts
2. Andrew Ready – Reds/Easts
3. Sam Talakai – Reds/GPS
4. Ben Hyne - Brothers
5. Cadeyrn Neville – Reds/Manly
6. Luke Beauchamp - Brothers
7. Liam Gill (C) – Reds/Sunnybank
8. Scott Higginbotham – NEC Green Rockets
9. Nick Frisby – Reds/GPS
10. Jake McIntyre – Reds/Sunnybank
11. Alex Gibbon – Southern Districts
12. Samu Kerevi – Reds/GPS
13. Karmichael Hunt – Reds/Brothers
14. Chris Kuridrani – Reds/GPS
15. Junior Laloifi - Sunnybank
16. Matt Mafi - Brothers
17. Markus Vanzati – Souths
18. Feao Fotuaika - Sunnybank
19. James Moore - Easts
20. Waita Setu – GPS
21. Moses Sorovi – University of Queensland (potential debut)
22. Henry Taefu - Sunnybank
23. Patrick James – Brothers (potential debut)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Strongly. Personally I've been impressed. Very good on both sides of the ball. His battle with the young Qld country wing Perese this weekend will be fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.