• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/11150597_941546149242512_1803201960798621200_n.jpg?oh=114e4645e732a369005702373fdd8779&oe=5661B757&__gda__=1454097505_71195eca2213990c1de512cf320439ad

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Teams for TSS v BSHS

20938248310_116a2495e9_b_d.jpg

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
The Saga,

I believe your comments are extremely unfair towards Churchie. I think that it is extremely important to shake hands with the opposition at the completion of the game. At times I am sure in the excitement of winning a game the winning team may forget to do this and make there way to there supporters and there supporters going onto the field of play. ALL SCHOOLS HAVE BEING GUILTY OF THIS IN YEARS GONE BY. The other thing you need to be aware of is that it is the option of most,that Nudgee is the premier rugby school in Australia. It is not often you get a win against them and when you do you celebrate. First and foremost shake hand at the end of the battle. Then allow the boys to run on to the field and celebrate with there mates. To not allow them on to the field is a complete fast. I believe your comment "win at all cost attitude" regarding Churchie are very much a hint of sour grapes and nothing more.

Correct ps. Not only 'guilty of this' in years past, but it was more often than not the norm for most if not all GPS schoolboy supporters! And, to the best of my knowledge, other than the perennially sour grapes brigade that didn't like it when they lost, it was accepted by most everybody else as little more than schoolboy exuberance and raw schoolboy camaraderie with few deleterious effects.

This year it seems unidentified GPS powers that be have newly discovered the notion that all this is inappropriate and handshaking moments and such like must be sanctified along with no instant rush of supporters' celebration etc. I mean, why this year and not thirty or three years ago, is something of a mystery.

I'll be there on the GPS sidelines again in 2016, intrigued to see how long the 'new enforcement regime' - in all its grey solemnity - lasts.

Murphys Law

Allen Oxlade (6)
Wow look at all the churchie bashing going on, now that they have at least one hand on the trophy. Not surprising from Nudgee and TSS supporters, but clearly biased remarks. Not many of us did pick them for top four this year and to be honest with them winning two years in a row, I have not been witness to a "win at all cost" attitude and I am not sure what your weird perspective on that is. An example would be good. To argue about running onto a football field passionate about your school team's win (which all GPS teams have done in the past - and we all know it), and stating it is not in the spirit of GPS rugby, laugh out loud lads! Sage you have bagged Churchie all throughout this season and picked apart one of their best players, for no real cause, as if you were the God of rugby, all the while showing your true GPS spirit in doing so. Churchie did the unexpected this year and should be congratulated. They were accused last year of having just an all star team, but this year backed it up with a team that obviously believed in themselves and did the job better than the others. No sour grapes for me thanks.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Never argue with the narrow minded on "some really issues". Now "their, there" son.

Talk about self-demeaning, condescending cheap shots against a poster with, seemingly, a contrary viewpoint to yours. Uppercut yourself. Argue the issues. There's plenty of people in our country that make a few spelling or grammatical errors, doesn't mean their point of view shouldn't be respected or listened to.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Well they should not be throwing the first stone by calling someone narrow minded and with that his family, it's an opinion for goodness sake! Now you can go and give yourself an uppercut. END!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
Righto it's time for a cup of tea, a Bex and lie down for you lot!

Churchie will probably win the comp and they deserve to.

Nudgee, TSS and BBC all showed they were good enough to win as well, but didn't put it together when it mattered.

We are in the age of the Nanny State and it was only a matter of time before a silly rule was instigated like the one that has consumed some many sentences and characters above. Deal with it.

The idea of recruiting players is not new. Some schools have been doing it for 20 years, others 4 years, others have started to give it a go this year. Either way it's happening.....IGS 13As,GT 14As, BBC 16As, TSS Firsts and the rest!

Enjoy the rugby you good natured banterers! But let's lighten the mood and remove ourselves from our pedestals....

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Righto it's time for a cup of tea, a Bex and lie down for you lot!

Churchie will probably win the comp and they deserve to.

Nudgee, TSS and BBC all showed they were good enough to win as well, but didn't put it together when it mattered.

We are in the age of the Nanny State and it was only a matter of time before a silly rule was instigated like the one that has consumed some many sentences and characters above. Deal with it.

The idea of recruiting players is not new. Some schools have been doing it for 20 years, others 4 years, others have started to give it a go this year. Either way it's happening...IGS 13As,GT 14As, BBC 16As, TSS Firsts and the rest!

Enjoy the rugby you good natured banterers! But let's lighten the mood and remove ourselves from our pedestals..

I for one reserve the right not to remove myself from my Range Rover Vogue when driving to Main Oval ;) .

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Not many of us did pick them for top four this year and to be honest with them winning two years in a row

Nope and if you had been there to witness them getting out of goal V GT in round 1, you would have had them at very long odds (as I did)

The way they have have come together and taken their opportunities deserves much respect.

BAG

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
I for one reserve the right not to remove myself from my Range Rover Vogue when driving to Main Oval ;) .

@redshappy we would be disappointed if you did - it's your Range Rover and they are your heated seats - you are welcome to stay in them!

Love ya work...and congrats on P'ship No. 2 Churchie supporters!

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
Not that it matters for other that Aussie Schoolboy supporters/selectors but I see that in BBC team list for tomorrow both Ikatau and Simpson are still out injured. Can they get back for NZ?

As is 2nd year 1st xv player 12Seabrook.
Bad luck guys-tough year with injuries.

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
Not that it matters for other that Aussie Schoolboy supporters/selectors but I see that in BBC team list for tomorrow both Ikatau and Simpson are still out injured. Can they get back for NZ?

As is 2nd year 1st xv player 12Seabrook.
Bad luck guys-tough year with injuries.

Really no surprise the amount of injuries they have with a season that basically lasts 10 months (correct?). They must be half buggered by the time the GPS actually comes around.

Whatsthefuss

Bob McCowan (2)
Take a pill BaG. Like I said , and I am glad you agree, they are only 13 - it was a wonderful game - lets keep the talk about that.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Gee TSS have had a good year with injuries. All their "Big Guns" have not missed a match. Riley did not dominate like I predicted.

Every time I see Matt Smit play-he gives 100%.

Just a btw, the TSS loose forwards were very impressive, and consistently so, vs Churchie last weekend.

They turned the momentum against Churchie from about minute 30 and kept up the same to the end, just great skills. IMO, if TSS had won, in significant part it'd be down to them.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
BBC need to put old boys day on when they play a top 4 team... current score 52-5 and not even half time. This could get very ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.