• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Air ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Not new to unusual approaches, Air NZ showed that they have nothing to hide with this previous version of their safety video. The "staff" are starkers but it is SFW:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Actually flying on Air NZ just before last WC, they had a safety video using the ABs too. personally same as the surfing one with Mick Fanning , the Hobbitt one etc,anything that brings a little entertainment to the bloody safety info is good idea for mine. I remember on Virgin a hostess having a fair bit of humour on one flight I went on during the safety thing ,and once again, I thought it was good and I listened,if just to have a grin.

T

TOCC

would've, should've, could've lets be honest, you have no idea what happened in the process of making this.

Well, it's standard practice...
The AB's marketing department did not come up with this add, it would have been a marketing agency recruited by NZ Air with most input coming from NZ Air..

Anyway this is a pointless discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
would've, should've, could've lets be honest, you have no idea what happened in the process of making this. But it's irrelevant, the AB's marketing department would have CERTAINLY had input and my initial point that i'd be stoked if the wallabies marketing department were 1/4 as proactive as the kiwis still stands. Seen this ad more than 10 times today on facebook, it's excellent exposure, bit of lighthearted fun, and incorporates a multimillion dollar movie franchise and a award winning singer..thats how you market to the masses

Well, it is relevant because it is dumb to be criticising the Wallabies marketing department because Qantas, or one of their many other sponsors, hasn't engaged someone to come up with something as creative..............

As TOCC has already pointed out - the video was created by an agency (True Agency in collaboration with The Sweet Shop and Sony Pictures) hired by Air New Zealand.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Another brilliant marketing piece from ANZ. Just watched it on CNN and the local Vancouver TV news this morning, so its getting plenty of exposure.
Obviously ANZ is expecting significant ROI, but I wonder how much it cost to produce-cameos, licensing etc etc.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Well, it is relevant because it is dumb to be criticising the Wallabies marketing department because Qantas, or one of their many other sponsors, hasn't engaged someone to come up with something as creative......

As TOCC has already pointed out - the video was created by an agency (True Agency in collaboration with The Sweet Shop and Sony Pictures) hired by Air New Zealand.

I criticised the wallabies marketing department because they are shit, and the real point i was making was they should be more proactive, whats to stop THEM from approaching one of their sponsors and saying "hey we have a great idea for a ad that can benefit both of us"

Mortal Wombat

Allen Oxlade (6)
id be stoked if the wallabies marketing department was even a 1/4 as proactive as their kiwi counterparts

Let the stoking commence.
o-KIWI-FRUIT-570.jpg
o-KIWI-570.jpg

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I criticised the wallabies marketing department because they are shit, and the real point i was making was they should be more proactive, whats to stop THEM from approaching one of their sponsors and saying "hey we have a great idea for a ad that can benefit both of us"

I think the big difference is that the Wallabies aren't nearly the brand that the All Blacks are.

The reality is that the Wallabies are far less of an asset to Qantas than the All Blacks are to Air NZ. Qantas is also more than triple the size of Air NZ in terms of revenue so it is a much bigger company.

It would be great for the Wallabies if Qantas based their advertising around the Wallabies but it would probably be a bad thing for Qantas because the players (barring one or two) have nowhere near the same recognition amongst the public as the All Blacks do in NZ.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think the big difference is that the Wallabies aren't nearly the brand that the All Blacks are.

The reality is that the Wallabies are far less of an asset to Qantas than the All Blacks are to Air NZ. Qantas is also more than triple the size of Air NZ in terms of revenue so it is a much bigger company.

It would be great for the Wallabies if Qantas based their advertising around the Wallabies but it would probably be a bad thing for Qantas because the players (barring one or two) have nowhere near the same recognition amongst the public as the All Blacks do in NZ.

Qantas should make an advert between Izzy Folau, Greg Inglis and Buddy Franklin for the World Cup. The advert should be funny, for example Izzy trying to convert them in Union players like him. So Izzy teaching the Union laws to them.

Folau: "Hey Buddy, pay attention. This is an Union tackle" And then a funny scene. Then Izzy tries to put a Wallabies jersey to GI and he refuses or something like that. Then other Wallabies (The more famous like the honey badger or QC (Quade Cooper)) appear and kidnap him.

The Advertising should be fun and orientated to rugby. You must associate the brand with rugby and Wallabies, these three athletes are so famous in ALL Australia.

You just need creativity and a little money ;)

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
ya'll need a bit of humor, id be stoked if the wallabies marketing department was even a 1/4 as proactive as their kiwi counterparts

I remember the lemon-sucking Kiwi reaction to the very amusing Micheal Hooper, Adam Ashley-Cooper ditty.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez I see All Blacks world rugby cup song has been released, I would put a link on here to the video, but may send all the grumpy buggers (gwerty etc) into meltdown!!:p

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^ well the Sol3 Mio clip looks & sounds OK, but gotta say I'm a bit fearful of how the one being released tomorrow might compare, even if Bernie Fraser's daughter is one've the contributors..........

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^^^^^^^ well the Sol3 Mio clip looks & sounds OK, but gotta say I'm a bit fearful of how the one being released tomorrow might compare, even if Bernie Fraser's daughter is one've the contributors....

I really like the Sol3 song WOB, wife when I was playing it asked if I thought it a little high brow or whatever, so I enjoyed explaining that's why it a Rugby WC song not any lower sports:p.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
OK so the AB supporters/ Cure Kids charity song is out & it's pretty average........

........... until you allow for the lyrics having been mostly written by a bunch of six year olds, who I'm hoping also came up with the AB on a unicorn bit :) I'm sure they'll raise a truckload of cash for what is just about the best cause going. Well done to all involved, I may in time even forgive Dave Dobbyn for appearing in a Wobblies shirt!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainmen...th-musicians-and-celebrities-for-charity-song

If like me you don't particularly want to download the song from iTunes, you can donate at kiwiscurebatten.com

Status
Not open for further replies.