• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butch21

Frank Row (1)
Aussie D, I heard the same thing about MO ego.Seems like lots of similarities between his time at brumbies and leinster. Came into both teams coaching attack year after they had won and were renowned as fantastic attacking teams (brumbies had just won s12 2004?), Leinster a couple of years ago under Joe Schmidt? (incidentally seems he also went to leicester year after they had won as well??)Turned both teams into attacking disasters and was sacked from brumbies during the season in 2008 and from leinster this year, mid contract.

Butch21

Frank Row (1)
As mentioned elsewhere, it seems very strange having MO signed for 3 years, Stiles for 2, RG for 1? I hope this is part of some sort of plan by the QRU and not some 'we'll see what happens- last man standing' scenario? Can't imagine it all being hunky dory with Stiles reported to be next line line and MO now being appointed for 3 years, both being interested in HC role before RG was reappointed. Maybe they should all stand in a circle so they can keep looking over their shoulders!! Will be interesting to see the difference Marah can make, he has prepared previous teams very well based on his last two jobs at Reds and Brumbies. It will be so good for the youngsters to have a guy like Brad Thorn overseeing their development.

T

TOCC

That's a shame, with the squad sizes limited to 32 are they able to deregister players with long term injuries(keep paying them of course) to bring in another player?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I'm happy to place optimistic enthusiasm into the Reds positivism thread. More reality is needed here.

I'd possibly be willing to be guided to your thinking, IF we had MOC over RG. But it's not the case. A really nice power struggle seems to have been built in. It's not about giving the guy a go. It's about giving RG a go while controlling a bloke who should have his job.

Interesting points dru.

One aspect of this whole 2016 Reds coaching group scenario is just this managerial complexity - MO'C has hitherto principally been an HC. Working for RG is a form of demotion for him, in these terms, and additionally he applied unsuccessfully for the HC position. He cannot be coming to this thinking that 'I have a huge amount to learn from my new HC, who's achieved so many titles and developed so many fine players.'

Let's hope for the best from this mix, but aspects of it are a recipe for tension and lack of harmony.

(FWIW, sources tell me that these types of issues become a major problem between Deans and McGahan and led to dysfunction in this period of the Wallaby coaching group.)

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Let's hope for the best from this mix

Ditto.

I understand the diaspora. But I was living overseas during the last nadir and can't claim I stood by the blokes. I'm hanging around this time.

I can't see where this is going and a level of maturity is needed in the absence of ego, if this coaching crew is to pull through.

One hope is that these guys all have a reason to commit to rugby while living in Brisbane.

That's all I've got.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Vidot possibly to the WWE instead of the Reds. Wtf?

uploadfromtaptalk1441885212572.jpg

http://m.couriermail.com.au/sport/n...ainment-contract/story-fniabm4i-1227521787350

T

TOCC

Good. Hopefully it means the Reds have gone cold on him.

This was the quote at the bottom of the article

Vidot said if his WWE experiment doesn’t work out, he will most likely quit the Broncos to join the Reds.​
“It’s not a done deal yet ... it’s up to Richard Graham (coach) and whether he is interested in signing me,” he said. “I have a few options up my sleeve so my mind isn’t made up yet.”​

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
And 2016 has started perfectly.

I can just see him showing up for training in Feb to much fanfare, on a massive pay and be broken for most of the season.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
And 2016 has started perfectly.

I can just see him showing up for training in Feb to much fanfare, on a massive pay and be broken for most of the season.

Oh come on be fair now. RG needs something like this to use as an excuse for the 2016 season. "It's hard to be successful at Super Rugby level when all your elite players are injured for most of the season". With an excuse like that the board are bound to give RG a further number of years beyond 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.