• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
BBC need to get their act together with their 1st XV team's culture. This obviously didn't have an impact on the outcome of the game, but for a team to be giving the ball to second rowers and props off the bench to take conversions even before half time makes a mockery of the GPS 1st XV competition. Having players miss kicks from in front in order to get a laugh from the crowd is not what this competition is about. I found the attitude deeply insulting and something which I hope is not repeated again, especially from a team with such talent among its players.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
BBC 84 -12 over BGS
Nagamanu and Farrell brilliant and nice tune up for NZ schools match
But what the hell was Ausdie schoolboy Veravis doing in the 2 nds??

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
GPS First XV Results:
Nudgee have defeated Gregory Terrace 33-29 in the annual Battle of the Colours.
TSS have pumped Brisbane State High 67-24 on the Gold Coast.
Toowoomba Grammar defeated Ipswich at Brassall 24-31.
BBC played their final match of the season against BGS, trouncing the Grammar boys 84-12.

Lemno

Frank Row (1)
BBC need to get their act together with their 1st XV team's culture. This obviously didn't have an impact on the outcome of the game, but for a team to be giving the ball to second rowers and props off the bench to take conversions even before half time makes a mockery of the GPS 1st XV competition. Having players miss kicks from in front in order to get a laugh from the crowd is not what this competition is about. I found the attitude deeply insulting and something which I hope is not repeated again, especially from a team with such talent among its players.

From my memory it seemed as though number 9 kicked all the conversions in the first half but you may well be right.

Also, those same 1st xv players were also running water for the under 11a team at 9am, so I don't believe the vast majority of their actions indicate any issues with culture.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Per BBC's facebook page
LIVE RUGBY UPDATE - BBC V BGS:
The boys have been piped down the hill by the BBC Pipe Band and the game has kicked off.
A break by Jack Farrel down the blindside. It's a foot race... Tiaontin Raoren scores a try! Isaac Henry adds the extras.
Some razzle dazzle from fullback Ngamanu and he's over the line! Henry adds the extras to take us to 14.
Nat Carswell - Number 13 - adds 5 points. And the conversion takes us to 21.
A chip by Carswell results in a knock on. Nice kick return from Joe Stead.
Lineout goes to BGS. Fraser Cotton is taken to the ground. The boys move the ball down the field.
Carswell makes a break for it. Two phases later Chris Yanopa crashes over.
Another try by Darcy Ta'mua-Swain!
Penalty. 20 metres out. Henry finds touch. BBC lineout 5 metres out.
BBC tap and go. Two passes later, Lachie Foulds is over the line. Isaac Henry converts.
Jack Farrell carries 40 metres from the kick off, passes to Cotton. Penalty from breakdown. Try by Prynce-Romeo!!!!
Grammar finds the line. Try!
After some great lead up work by Ngamanu, Josh Betar scores in the corner.
Half Time... The pipers entertain the crowd.
And in the first 5 minutes of the second half, BBC have scored again.
Try by BBC - number 14, Joe Stead.
And Joe Stead has scored again!!! What a game he's having!
Number 20 finds the line for BBC.
A massive effort from Kris Verevis results in a try.
And it's another try to number 19. Stead adds the extras.
BGS get their second try.
BBC 72
84 - 12 BGS

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)
How did GT get so close?? At 21-0 I thought it was over but despite playing some average footy GT still managed to get really close! Imagine if they got their act together!

Game of the day for me was the 12 all draw in the 14As. GT lost their big 12 early and it hurt them, then they lost their 2 and 15, and were smashed in the penalty count. Nudgee really turned up too with some fast exciting play and big hits to boot. How GT didn't win is beyond me, they had no ball but looked very dangerous, just kept spilling it in the tackle. The only downer was the behaviour of the NC coaches, poor form disrespecting the great game their boys were playing.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)

I have heard it all now - a mockery would have been 100-0 which is what was going to happen if they did not let some of the boys try to get a milestone conversion. A mockery was half the hearted tackling (a compliment) by some of the grammar backline when their no8 was throwing his body on the line against a much bigger opposition .

There are two ways to see these thing and when your getting flogged it's the negative - I saw a pretty good 1st XV culture from two extreme teams there today - bringing on kids from 2nds and unselfishly holding up the pass so they could score was another one - BBC played brilliantly today and congratations to them for doing so. Well done grammar for hanging in

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
How did GT get so close?? At 21-0 I thought it was over but despite playing some average footy GT still managed to get really close! Imagine if they got their act together!

Game of the day for me was the 12 all draw in the 14As. GT lost their big 12 early and it hurt them, then they lost their 2 and 15, and were smashed in the penalty count. Nudgee really turned up too with some fast exciting play and big hits to boot. How GT didn't win is beyond me, they had no ball but looked very dangerous, just kept spilling it in the tackle. The only downer was the behaviour of the NC coaches, poor form disrespecting the great game their boys were playing.

GT should have won this comfortably. Looks like the injury curse has struck. Well done to the Nudgee boys for ripping in though. But from What you say, not good if the referee is an influential factor in such a game, particularly when he is the Nudgee 16A coach. Such an appointment should never be made particularly when the rivalry between the schools is so great. There were no other referees available?

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
Incredible to read all the Churchie bashing atm. All because they won what was not theirs? All because euphoria and the absolute competition got the better and they didn't shake hands? I can't recall the Reds racing the Crusaders team in 2011 to shake their hands. I could be wrong.
Respect for going back to back. And to be realistic, they won't be holding the cup any time soon after 2015.
But if Churchie aren't copping it would be the underperforming BBC. Again. But my question is what happened to IGS? You can't fault their coaching set up. Heck, they even have a good handful of rep players at their disposal let alone the Aust U20 coach. And TGS were touted as premiership threats. Nothing said on them lately. Perhaps the broadband network hasn't extended west of Toowong?
Each week in this competiton is a GF and not just 1st XV. Respect to the lads who get out there, bust their guts and give us so much to speculate about.

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)
GT should have won this comfortably. Looks like the injury cursed has struck. Well done to the Nudgee boys for ripping in though. But from What you say, not good if the referee is an influential factor in such a game, particularly when he is the Nudgee 16A coach. Such an appointment should never be made particularly when the rivalry between the schools is so great. There were no other referees available?

Wait the referee was the NC 16A coach? Are you having me on?

He smashed GT, penalty count was massively one sided, that is ridiculous.

I mean GT had some poor luck with some big injuries but you could easily argue the massive penalty count was equally a factor, and even with both of those things NC couldn't win!

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
From my memory it seemed as though number 9 kicked all the conversions in the first half but you may well be right.

Also, those same 1st xv players were also running water for the under 11a team at 9am, so I don't believe the vast majority of their actions indicate any issues with culture.

The first xv also ran the water for the undefeated 13D team and attracted what was said the to be longest tunnel of boys in running on to the field in a decade - so their schoolmates like their culture.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
went out to watch BBC to play BGS today
Very sad to see young Lenny Ikatau with his arm in plaster so i cant see him playing NZ schools in 3 weeks. what a tough year he has had .but always smiling.
Aussie schools coach Phillpotts put the other aussie school players in cotton wall after half time except the captain who played the whole match.

Ngamanu and Farrell were a class above everyone else and left at half time when the lead was already 50.

FlashFlanker

Herbert Moran (7)
Wait the referee was the NC 16A coach? Are you joking?

He smashed GT, penalty count was massively one sided, that is ridiculous.

The QRRA have some serious questions to answer if that is true!

I mean GT had some poor luck with some big injuries but you could easily argue the massive penalty count was equally a factor, and even with both of those things NC couldn't win!

Combine this with the poor behaviour of the NC staff and I'm sensing some dodgy work from the White and blue!

Certainly the referee scheduled was one of the Nudgee U16A coaches. Has refereed First XV games at Nudgee before. Agree that QRRA needs to stop this. If they insist then send them elsewhere to referee or referee lower levels. There is not being biased and there is being seen to not be biased. The second totally removes the question. Poor judgement

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from TSS 1st XV v BSHS 1st XV yesterday

https://www.flickr.com/photos/100900132@N02/albums/72157655823412704

20538456263_6b18988928_b_d.jpg

21167428791_29d96869c8_b_d.jpg

20537279264_bde7fab300_b_d.jpg

20972394598_826eb37a60_b_d.jpg

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
GT should have won this comfortably.

Not sure I totally agree, GT where clearly below their best and lacked the intensity at the ruck they showed the week before, a bit of a case of played their 'GF' the week before I suspect.

I think a few in the team expected it to happen rather than set out to made it happen.

NC is a good side that has under-performed IMO that played closer to their potential yesterday and nearly got the result. They certainly out enthused GT

As I have said before this GT team is a hard team to get the better of, and NC despite having all the luck and catching GT on down day couldn't quite get the marbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.