• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: AUS v ENG (Twickenham): POOL A; 6am (AEDT) Sunday 4 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Can one of you clever buggers here put a highlight reel of the wallabies win to the backing of Swing low sweet chariot.

And I fucking love scrum again,both front rows were solid

ArmchairGeneral

Ward Prentice (10)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443914253.930130.jpg
Winners are f-ing grinners, baby!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The teamwork to regroup was excellent. There was a shot where players were all talking to Phipps while England lined up the penalty after his 2 grassed passes. After that he came good and only had one more pass issue where he was caught at the back of a ruck.
Good management and belief to keep him from imploding.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Yeah, Phipps needed a chill pill, he was trying to push the pace when it wasn't necessary

But I am still baffled by that second pass it seemed to go through half the team with everyone calling "yours"

SaderCheif

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Just dominated....and the score flattered the poms! Now the northern hemisphere papers are saying the wallabies 'now contenders for the cup'..

Just now??? Did they even bother watching the rugby championship? The wallabies are looking great.

While the ABs are underpar so far and the French are coming.

Its starting to get a bit tight around the throat area.....

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
I enjoyed Nathan Sharpe's pre-match story of Cheika ringing him a few days ago, to come and help with training. Sharpie thought Cheika was just fooling around, until he said, "mate we are down on locks and need you for opposing scrum work".
"Ok mate, I'll be there", said Sharpie, (or words to that effect)!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I enjoyed Nathan Sharpe's pre-match story of Cheika ringing him a few days ago, to come and help with training. Sharpie thought Cheika was just fooling around, until he said, "mate we are down on locks and need you for opposing scrum work".
"Ok mate, I'll be there", said Sharpie, (or words to that effect)!

Interesting that he chose Sharpe over Horwill? Or maybe James wasn't allowed to help.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Who is likely to be rested from this week's 15, for the Wales match?

Perhaps this question should be canvassed on the Aust. v Wales thread?

bryce

Darby Loudon (17)
I was nervous as hell all week about this game. I expected an English backlash and was talking down our chances at work.

Then this morning, out for breakfast, I happened to sit at a table next to Michael Cheika. He seemed so relaxed and happy. I wished him the best of luck. I walked away convinced we'd win.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Well done Aussie.
Some idiots (me) predicted an English win.
In the cold light of the day - your side is better in any areas.
In fact, I struggle to see where this English side anymore.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I was nervous as hell all week about this game. I expected an English backlash and was talking down our chances at work.

Then this morning, out for breakfast, I happened to sit at a table next to Michael Cheika. He seemed so relaxed and happy. I wished him the best of luck. I walked away convinced we'd win.

What did he have for breaky? Hope it was Aussie and had none of that black pudding in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.